IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

Right on Albert. I am very sorry to everyone for the profanity and in the future I will try my best to refrain.

I want us to all be brother and sisters on here trading and selling and being honest with one another.

and i am sorry if I accused the wrong person rmaerz-half is very cool with me. Helifire was sold fine and even when I ran into issues playing the game he was there to help me.

rmaerz-half is Vectorgamer and he's a good guy. Vex I am sorry I slammed you wrongly and I publicly am asking for you to forgive me and my stupidity.

Very big of you bro! :) Seriously!

+10 respect.

• 2 months later...

galdius10

http://www.ebay.com/usr/galdius10?_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2754

Wins scam of the year award from me.

I sell a lot online and have for over a decade. I am pretty on top of my game as far as preventing myself from being scammed. I have more safeguards in place than most people know about.

However I just learned of a new scam today and boy is it a good one and hard to stop. I had a person buy an item on ebay and give the post office a special request to deliver his packages to the barber shop below him instead of his apt as his mail slot is too small to accept packages and he doesn't want it left in the open.

Sounds reasonable right? Well in the first time ever selling I had a case opened against me w/out a single email from the buyer and case was against tracking on his package not being updated.

Basically what happened was the Post Office was fulfilling his request of waiting to deliver to the Barber shop below his apt. It was closed every time they tried. Catch is I google searched his address and seen the barber shop, called the number on the window and it has been disconnected. Did further searching and the shop is closed.

Therefore there is no way the PO could ever deliver the package according to his preferences. So he just waits for the refund then personally gets the package. Sorry mother f%^$r I'm on top of my shit and more educated in these areas than most people. So that refund you got last night for the package you are waiting to scoop up today will not arrive as I had consumer affairs halt the delivery of the package and send it back to me.

Well played, but still not good enough to get me.

Edited by icemanxp300
  • Like 7

Amazing what thief's will do to get something for nothing!

Good job, iceman.

I just don't fully understand how it is the PO never updated any status. Usually what happens is a package gets scanned for delivery and says something like unable to deliver, but that is pretty much only in signature.

I think what happened here is the Mail Carrier never scanned the item as it would say delivered if he did and he couldn't deliver it as the person had asked so the package just appeared to be floating.

I am pretty sure after all the hassle I made that Post Office over the past 3-4 days they KNOW they screwed up and is why I was able to get the package intercepted the same day and returned to me for free.

Edited by icemanxp300
  • Like 1

Normally day or 2 after the package is dropped off, it should show delivered if they scanned it somewhere. When it does show delivered, and if you printed label directly through eBay, eBay will close in your favor. But it sounds like it's been a lot longer than a few days already.

If PO did screw up and the package never shows delivered, you will likely lose the case. However if it doesn't show delivered at all, you can report lost mail claim and hopefully the insurance will pay up.

Can you call eBay and have them take a look? If the buyer sent anything through eBay message system or as message attached to payment. about having it delivered somewhere else eBay may be interested in this buyer's possible fake claim.

Yeah the whole thing is messed. There is a chance he is "innocent" and it is all the PO fault. I don't know and don't really care. The fact the guy opened a case against me w/out even asking me to help him is enough for me to not deal with him again.

I called ebay back again last week and told them just close the case and give me my fees back as I put a stop on the package that morning. Blah blah blah, you still have time.... I was like time for what? You already gave him a refund. Back and forth, I basically said 'Look you are not getting it, that package will never be delivered to him now. It is coming back to me, he is not getting the game."

Like 2 days later they reversed the case in my favor. Then the next day I got the game back. I know ebay didn't make him pay me back they just gave him a refund then gave me back the money. Eh whatever, do whatever you morons want.

• Like 1

Post office has been screwing up big time. I had a package go from NJ to PA where the buyer lives. Instead of delivering the item, they forwarded it to VA, then the buyer opened a case against me like it was my fault. It finally did get there. Now I have a screaming mom saying her 3 year old didn't get her stocking by today and that it is also my fault. She ordered it 12/17. I shipped it 12/18. It left NJ 12/19. 5 days and it's only going to MA. Shows no status update short of leaving the sorting facility. She wants a full refund. Says Ebay put 12/24 as expected delivery date. I told her Ebay can't dictate when a package can arrive, it's "estimated", she could have paid for priority since it went 1st class because I gave free shipping, and for her to call the post office and complain.

Edited by Philflound
  • Like 1

^ that's unfortunate, and if it was that important, maybe she should have ordered it earlier. People don't seem to understand that once it leaves your hands, you really have nothing to do with it from that point. I get people from the US putting offers on things three days before Xmas, with the condition that it arrive before then, and I am in Canada!

• Like 1

People are stupid. As far as I am concerned anyone who faults you for PO shipping delays when you ship the next day is a bad trader. Just like the person I dealt with above. Please post screaming moms ebay ID so I can add to blocked list. I don't want to deal with people like that. As far as I am concerned I put too much effort into my sales and am too good for people like her.

People like her and my buyer above need to deal w/like douchebag sellers. Good honest sellers should only have to deal with good honest buyers. The others can deal with the leftovers among themselves.

• Like 4

eBay seller "stamplotsforyou". Sold me a like new (and smells new?) PS2 Test debug unit. Tons of scuffs and dirt on the inside, but the main issue was it was improperly packed. Resulted in plastic inside rattling around the system.

All could have been water under the bridge, but tried to deny return request, and when eBay obviously allowed for the return, he used my address to find me on Facebook and has been sending countless threats there and on eBay through numerous dummy usernames. Claimed he'd get money out of me by any means necessary.

I currently have a case open with the police, and am in the process of banning him on eBay. Police have access to my accounts and have suspended my Facebook account until they dig further. eBay has been sending all his personal information to my local police department for review.

He's a Newer user with over 100 or so transactions, previously 100% positive (not anymore!) I think his account was opened in September. The guy is simply off his rocker, and takes any return or claim as a personal attack. Avoid at all costs.

Edited by MotoRacer

• 3 weeks later...

^ that's unfortunate, and if it was that important, maybe she should have ordered it earlier. People don't seem to understand that once it leaves your hands, you really have nothing to do with it from that point. I get people from the US putting offers on things three days before Xmas, with the condition that it arrive before then, and I am in Canada!

I bought a few GBA games from an excellent seller in Canada. I don't remember where, but I'm in Providence RI USA. On the first transaction, the item was taking forever to arrive, so I messaged her and she said that's generally the case whenever she sends an item to the US and that she's had disputes open against her in regards to the perceived late shipping. Well the game did eventually arrive and me and her continued to do business for a long time- I just never held my breath waiting for fast shipping!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to weigh in on the Canada to US shipping issue. I have been selling on epay since 1998 and shipped internationally for most of my auctions. In the last few years the Canadian postal system has dropped significantly in the quality and speed of their service. I have had guaranteed overnight packages that arrive 4 to 5 days late. Regular 5 to 8 day airmail to the states that could take up to 6 weeks. I usually advise my buyers that Canada Post is slow.