IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I don't want to side with the buyer, but they have a legitimate case here though. On eBay you need to do an excellent job of covering all of your bases, and based on what I am seeing on the listing, you did not. There is a single top-down photo and the sides are cropped. Next time you list something like that, take a few extra minutes and snap pictures of every side. If not, all you are doing is setting yourself up for another potential negative in the future. It's your responsibility as the seller to provide as much detail about the product as possible. It's especially true when it's an expensive item. If I was in the buyer's shoes, I would have been angry, too (although to be fair, I don't buy expensive items without multiple detailed photos).

We've done deals before both ways- you know I'm legit- not that I'm saying that you're saying I'm not :) I know you're a good buyer who wouldn't wait weeks on end to even open a package- especially one bought for that amount, and would let me know quickly if there were any issues with it. I'd do the same too- not ambush the seller way, way later with a negative out of the blue. Even still, I'd have been happy to issue a refund, but the buyer didn't even bother to communicate with me. It's that lack of communication, coupled with the buyers baffling choice to wait around on this, that really gets me.

That copy was also in perfectly fine shape when it went out, too. No idea what happened in between then and now, nor what they mean by being torn. I normally would have put up a ton more photos- as to why there was just the one image I know I remember ( it's been almost two months) thinking it showed everything that needed to be shown- and I do recall something a low battery on my phone while uploading that image, and that I'd just update the listing later and went and did something else. Might've taken a nap. I had no thought that it would sell so quickly- it did within hours, at a much higher price than I thought it would move at. Normally that game isn't more than a $100 or so, and the market for copies of it is really, really small. Flash forward a month and a half later, and the buyer suddenly negs me without even bothering to communicate first.

I messaged her asking why, and unexpectedly did get a message back indicating the buyer hadn't even bothered to open the package until just then- if I was trying to scam them I could've shipped a rock or something and closed out the account and they wouldn't have even known for weeks on end. Who knows how the package was handled or stored all that time, after the tracking indicated delivery on April 7th. You're absolutely right that I should have protected myself better, though- and certainly will, from now on. Everything, no matter how great the condition is, will be listed as "acceptable" and be fully photographed. Ebay has just gotten way too lopsided in the buyer's favor of late. I really can't take any chances at all nowadays.

Edited by Blazing Lazers

^^^ Agreed, there is NO way I would have purchased that item. One very lacking picture is not enough for me to drop $150 on it.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2224632418441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=222463241844&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I don't recall all the details, but as I said above I do recall planning to add more images but the item sold surprisingly quickly- before I could. It was only up for a few hours. That being said, even if you did buy it, I know you would not have waited almost two months to even open the package, and would have communicated with me if something was wrong with the condition of the item. We've done deals here, too- and I know you're a good buyer who'd ask the right questions beforehand, or even just for more pictures or so.

Incidentally, would be interested in any Studio II games or systems? I have a bunch more spares I was planning on listing, but won't be after this. If so, there'll soon be a thread here for them, one replete with images :)

Edited by Blazing Lazers

Oh I agree it was shitty that he left a negative and waited that long to do it and did not even contact you first. I wouldn't leave a negative like that. As far as the rip, I do see a rip in the bottom right side of the box that the game is sitting in. That is likely the rip he is referring to, but it is visible in the auction.

• Like 1

We've done deals before both ways- you know I'm legit- not that I'm saying that you're saying I'm not :) I know you're a good buyer who wouldn't wait weeks on end to even open a package- especially one bought for that amount, and would let me know quickly if there were any issues with it. I'd do the same too- not ambush the seller way, way later with a negative out of the blue. Even still, I'd have been happy to issue a refund, but the buyer didn't even bother to communicate with me. It's that lack of communication, coupled with the buyers baffling choice to wait around on this, that really gets me.

That copy was also in perfectly fine shape when it went out, too. No idea what happened in between then and now, nor what they mean by being torn. I normally would have put up a ton more photos- as to why there was just the one image I know I remember ( it's been almost two months) thinking it showed everything that needed to be shown- and I do recall something a low battery on my phone while uploading that image, and that I'd just update the listing later and went and did something else. Might've taken a nap. I had no thought that it would sell so quickly- it did within hours, at a much higher price than I thought it would move at. Normally that game isn't more than a $100 or so, and the market for copies of it is really, really small. Flash forward a month and a half later, and the buyer suddenly negs me without even bothering to communicate first.

I messaged her asking why, and unexpectedly did get a message back indicating the buyer hadn't even bothered to open the package until just then- if I was trying to scam them I could've shipped a rock or something and closed out the account and they wouldn't have even known for weeks on end. Who knows how the package was handled or stored all that time, after the tracking indicated delivery on April 7th. You're absolutely right that I should have protected myself better, though- and certainly will, from now on. Everything, no matter how great the condition is, will be listed as "acceptable" and be fully photographed. Ebay has just gotten way too lopsided in the buyer's favor of late. I really can't take any chances at all nowadays.

Yes, I know you are trustworthy. Other buyers do not, and that's why you need to cover all of your bases. The second you leave a hole in your selling plan, that's an opportunity for someone else to screw you over, intentionally or not.

I think the buyer took it the wrong way, but the point is you also left yourself vulnerable and the only person's fault for that is your own. On the bright side, now you know what to do to have a greater probability of avoiding this sort of thing in the future. It sucks, but ultimately it's an experience you should be learning from, not excusing your way out of. :)

• Like 1

In the end you got paid and that's all that matters. You can't worry about feedback anymore too much. You are always going to find the douche bags who abuse the system. People know this and they know 1 bad feedback compared to 400 good ones means you just got unlucky and hit one of the tools.

I've been on ebay over 15 years and have racked up 2 negs myself, neither were justified.

• Like 1

Don't sell to anything of value to vgsale2012, he has multiple shipping addresses, I sold a game to him , didn't know where to send it, ended up canceling the sale after he paid. He wouldn't confirm with me the shipping address after I asked him twice, very suspicious

Also he has left negative feedback for his last 80 ebay purchases :-o .

Edited by pangasinan

I have a bit of a dilemma and I am looking for opinions on my next course of action.

WARNING!! WARNING!!

Potentially boring story follows...

---------------------------------------

I really try to not be much of a complainer. But I had a weird experience on Ebay. I bought an item but then decided to ask the seller to cancel the transaction and offered to pay any fees associated, etc. I got no response from the seller. I tried repeatedly over several days to contact the seller but they would not respond. I eventually contacted Ebay to ask what would happen if if I never got a response from the seller. Ebay told me that the seller could report the situation as a failure to pay but that I could simply call them after this happened and they would remove any negative marks from my account. I asked to talk to a second person to confirm this and they indeed confirmed it for me. So, Ebay was telling me that they would allow the seller to feel vindicated by reporting me but then they would allow me to escape any consequences - a neat trick for all of their customers to be made happy in secret from the complaining party.

So, I tried one last time to contact the seller that same evening and presto... they responded by telling me that they would not cancel the transaction. So, this is where I decided to follow Ebay's recommended course of action, to not pay. I did not like the unresolved nature of this.

Well, a day or two later, when I paid for a different item, the item in question was ALSO paid for since it was in a "needs to be paid for" status. I did not intend to pay for it but I pressed the "PAY" button just as I realized that the item in question was also included in what I was paying for. I then submitted a "return" request to the seller who promptly denied it. They shipped the item out to me after all of this. Sure, I could have raised a fuss and got my money back through Ebay (I already had an open ticket with them about this) or through PayPal but I really didn't want to cause all of that ruckus. It really wasn't too terrible of a situation since the price was fair and I can put the item in my collection. It is just the poor customer treatment and thinking that I should warn others here about a problematic seller. If the item were more expensive this would be a bigger deal.

Also, sadly, all along I was actually interested in several other items that this seller had for sale on Ebay and had mentioned that to them in my communications but I was uncomfortable buying anything further (and have not) from a person that would not communicate or work with me.

My question is, in your opinion, should I report this person in this forum as a "bad trader" for the way they treated a customer? I don't like giving people negative feedback on Ebay as they will just do the same in retaliation and I have a 100% clean feedback with never having received a single negative feedback in all of my time on Ebay. It was a pretty surreal experience and I do not understand why they would treat a customer in the manner that they did and I would like others to have the chance to avoid that situation.

One more thing... This person is on AA and has been reported as reputable. I have attempted to contact them through the AA messaging system but they have ignored my communications. Perhaps they are just not active on AA right now.

Thank you in advance for your input.

You wanted to change the deal and purchase in a way the seller had not offered. You Should not of purchased before asking the seller.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I follow you. Yes, I wanted to change "the deal". That is the point. I wanted to cancel the transaction. The seller was unwilling to work with me for a positive resolution for both of us. I am not sure what you mean about, "... and purchase in a way the seller had not offered. You Should not of purchased before asking the seller."

Hmmm... I'm not sure I follow you. Yes, I wanted to change "the deal". That is the point. I wanted to cancel the transaction. The seller was unwilling to work with me for a positive resolution for both of us. I am not sure what you mean about, "... and purchase in a way the seller had not offered. You Should not of purchased before asking the seller."

"I bought an item but then decided to ask the seller to cancel the transaction and offered to pay any fees associated"

The terms were set when you hit the BIN. If you wanted to ask that should of been prior to your purchase. As a seller

I would not cancel your transaction either you made a commitment to buy at the terms listed. i would suspect you were

just a buyer wanting to cancel .

"I bought an item but then decided to ask the seller to cancel the transaction and offered to pay any fees associated"

The terms were set when you hit the BIN. If you wanted to ask that should of been prior to your purchase. As a seller

I would not cancel your transaction either you made a commitment to buy at the terms listed. i would suspect you were

just a buyer wanting to cancel .

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I was a buyer wanting to cancel a transaction. The seller would not communicate or work with me. That is the point of my post. I believe you are saying that the seller not responding to me or working with me was not a problem in any way since the seller has the prerogative to do those things. I agree that it is the seller's prerogative to act in those ways if they so choose but my reaction to that behavior (and I a believe the reaction of most) is generally negative as it shows a lack of mutual respect and poor customer service and I believe it is the wrong way to treat people. Unfortunately, after being treated in that way I will definitely not be purchasing from them again. They were rude and uncooperative. I do not treat people that way. Customer lost.

I am unsure what you mean by, "If you wanted to ask that should of been prior to your purchase." If I wanted to ask what, please?

Do others have an opinion?

• Like 1

Shouldn't have bought it if you weren't sure if you wanted it TBH.

I agree with that. But what about the seller's lack of communication and unwillingness to work with me? Not worthy of naming them here? That behavior is OK and expected from a seller on Ebay? Or it is bad but doesn't really warrant a mention here? That is what I am asking about.

Thanks!

Honestly - nothing worse than a buyer hitting BIN then trying to cancel the transaction. I always assume it is some 12 year old. If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you buy it and change your mind, suck it up and resell it once you get it, if you want. EBay's position is that buying an item is a contract. You are trying to get out of the contract, then further confuse the issue by paying for it.

Really this is a bad buyer issue, not a bad seller issue. No offense.

• Like 3

Agreed with the above, anything outside the boundaries of the accepted practice on eBay may strike them as being slightly dodgy and scammish. I'm pretty sure there's no option in there to cancel an auction with the buyer paying the associated fees, which means it is down to you both to work it out but it would smack of a scam to some.

Selling stuff on eBay is a PITA enough without having to deal with out of the ordinary carp.

• Like 1

That seller is a complete idiot plain and simple "sorry fellow AA user, but you should have just cancelled". Is it irritating having someone buy something then want to cancel? Yes, but it is better to cancel the item, get fees refunded, relist and call it a day. Instead you now have an angry customer, chance taking a negative, and/or wasting $$ on shipping when the buyer refuses to accept package and files a PP claim for a full refund.

If it really irritated you that much you should have just sucked it up and added KylJoy to your blocked buyers list. Once you sell enough and deal with shit you never expected possible you will understand lol.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I was a buyer wanting to cancel a transaction. The seller would not communicate or work with me. That is the point of my post. I believe you are saying that the seller not responding to me or working with me was not a problem in any way since the seller has the prerogative to do those things. I agree that it is the seller's prerogative to act in those ways if they so choose but my reaction to that behavior (and I a believe the reaction of most) is generally negative as it shows a lack of mutual respect and poor customer service and I believe it is the wrong way to treat people. Unfortunately, after being treated in that way I will definitely not be purchasing from them again. They were rude and uncooperative. I do not treat people that way. Customer lost.

I am unsure what you mean by, "If you wanted to ask that should of been prior to your purchase." If I wanted to ask what, please?

Do others have an opinion?

EDIT - FIRST RESPONSE REMOVED Do to my not understanding the original post :(

corrected response below

OK I think I see were I was confused, My apologizes.

I mis-read and thought you wanted them to cancel so you could pay another way

I do agree the seller once contacted by buyer wanting to cancel (for any reason) is

not a problem (I always accept, just easier).

As for leaving a Neg I would not better to just let it go. Also as a seller I will always look at your

feedback given so you have to be careful how its worded :)

Edited by FND