IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

you actually took the time to pick and select various pm's ? There were tons of email you sent me thru

my myspace accoiunt you dont botherto cut and paste that would put you in negative light, but I said what I had to say already and you excact words were "cover my ass" you are a dishonest man and I hope in

the future anyone that has any dealings with you thinks twice. Personally Im just glad to be done with you. Thanks again for contacting Pay Pal and letting them know you recieved your Port (sic)

Are you done ? Good, Now go away and quit wasting space :roll:

what amazes me is what a child you are and according to your profile on myspace you are an old

man in your 50's unless that is a lie like so much of what you say. At any rate if you have anything

else to say to me leave a private message, unless like most children you are simply responding

for attention. I notice for months you never bothered to respond to any of my emails or msgs

until I revealed your true nature here for all to see.

dont expect me to engage in endless replies

Apparently what you say means nothing

I have posted my case and provided my evidence of what had happened.

My original post was updated as the situation happened and your emails that

I have posted are proof.

I am done and will not reply again, unlike you when I say something its the truth,

so go ahead and reply again but it will only prove when you make a statement it's

most likely a lie

MESSAGE TO MODERATOR

I know this has gone on to long I promise its over on my end

dont expect me to engage in endless replies

Apparently what you say means nothing

I have posted my case and provided my evidence of what had happened.

My original post was updated as the situation happened and your emails that

I have posted are proof.

I am done and will not reply again, unlike you when I say something its the truth,

so go ahead and reply again but it will only prove when you make a statement it's

most likely a lie

MESSAGE TO MODERATOR

I know this has gone on to long I promise its over on my end

what amazes me is what a child you are and according to your profile on myspace you are an old

man in your 50's unless that is a lie like so much of what you say. At any rate if you have anything

else to say to me leave a private message, unless like most children you are simply responding

for attention. I notice for months you never bothered to respond to any of my emails or msgs

until I revealed your true nature here for all to see. <-- I posted this, and of course you posted here

publically again.

You are a liar and dishonest. I have nothing else to say to you publically, hopefully people will see

you for who you really are and what a nightmare it is to deal with you. I urge anyone in their dealings

with this guy to think twice. That is the only reason I posted here to begin with.

Edited by kevin242

Number 2: The trade was for my homemade video commercial DVD's. My computer was broken and I had a whole big dispute with HP, since every time they gave it back, THEY DIDN'T FIX THE DAMN MACHINE! It wasn't until I took it to a third party to get repaired in April, that it was fixed. How am I supposed to make your discs without a DVD burner? Should I pull them out of my ass? I even offered to give you my originals but it wasn't until March that I recieved your correspondence, as I emailed you several times about it! This is the ONLY time that there was a delay in trade and it was over shit I couldn't control!

I'm starting to have less and less sympathy for this kind of excuse. Don't take my money if you can't deliver, whatever your problem is. DVD is broken? Go buy a new one, use a friend's, do whatever you need to do to deliver what I've paid for... Or send the money back, if you can't deliver. That works fine, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though this topic has turned into a nauseating bicker-fest, I'm copying some items from my post in the "Clean list of recommended traders" thread in case someday a mod comes along and cleans up this thread, at which time I would be happy to eliminate the duplication.

Not Recommended:

:thumbsdown: Dusk2600 - Agreed on 07 August 2006 to trade me 3 x 2600 consoles (supposedly 2 broken but repairable and 1 beyond repair), plus a 2600 Sears Steeplechase cartridge, plus $20, in exchange for a working, tested 4-port 5200 console with minor cosmetic case damage, 2 working 5200 controllers (contacts cleaned) and a 5200 Kangaroo cartridge but no other hookups. I shipped the 5200 items immediately, at a cost of $20 for postage. He said 3 separate times in different PMs that he would ship on 12 August after being paid. On 10 August he acknowledged receipt of my package. On 17 August he claimed, "when i plugged it in the red light went on 2 times and never did again" in regard to the 5200 console he got from me, and indirectly admitted that he hadn't yet shipped my items. Later, on 23 August he both claimed he had already sent my items, and said he would send them the following day, in the same message! "I sent the package tonight. [...] I have everything ready for tommrows [sic] mail". Now, one month later on 23 September, I still have received nothing from him.

UPDATE: On 16 October I received my items back, plus 2 additional common 5200 carts and a Sears Stellar Track 2600 cart (not Steeplechase as was part of our original agreement, if it matters). The package was postmarked 14 October. I could not find anything electronically wrong with the 5200, controllers or cartridge; everything still works at this time. So, it took him over two months from when he received them to send back to me, items which were exactly as I had described and pictured them, and for which he never sent his original payment.

:thumbsdown: shining slade - At his request I bought 3 CIB games which I spotted at a thrift store but I didn't want. Over a period of 5 weeks I attempted to finalize a trade with little cooperation or communication from him, including a 2 week period of no replies at all. At the time I'm writing this (22 March 2005) it's been 9 days since my last PM to him, again with no reply. Meanwhile he has had time to list several games that I said I wanted on eBay...

Edited by A.J. Franzman

I'm going to have to agree with A.J. on Dusk 2600. I sent him a $20 money order for an Atari 400 that was to include some titles. We've been around and around, and I have nothing to show, and have not received my $20 back. His latest claim was that he would send me $20 by money order... a few days later, he claimed he sent $20 cash, and just recently, he claimed he sent it to the wrong address... He had a hard luck story, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but, I honestly don't think I'll ever see my $20 or the items.

I'm going to have to agree with A.J. on Dusk 2600. I sent him a $20 money order for an Atari 400 that was to include some titles. We've been around and around, and I have nothing to show, and have not received my $20 back. His latest claim was that he would send me $20 by money order... a few days later, he claimed he sent $20 cash, and just recently, he claimed he sent it to the wrong address... He had a hard luck story, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but, I honestly don't think I'll ever see my $20 or the items.

Hardluck I just dont see it :ponder:

News paper was 800.00, talked him down to 650.00

list of games...

neo geo system

all hook ups 1 controler

1 memory card

Phantom 1 converter with box

all complete

AES:

World Heros

KOF 96

Art of fighting

Fatal fury 2

Metal slug 3

Metal slug 4

Metal slug 5

MVS:

metal slug X

metal slug 2

metal slug 1

Burning fight

Shock troopers

Shock troopers 2nd squad

World heros 2

Art of fighting 2

fatal fury 3

Real bout 1

Real bout special

Real bout 2 the new comers

also got the mini marquis for art of fighting 2 (2 of em)

metal slug

shock troopers

shock troopers 2nd squad

rb2 new comers

burning fight

19 games in all.

also picked up 15 odyssey 2 games today for 8.00

turbo grafx 16 and cd system 10 games 50.00

If any of this is true I cant see any honest reason for you to not have your money back!

Edited by diggs130

My gut feeling told me...

"Do not do business with a guy who has the Insane Clown Posse" as his avatar...

yeah. <EDITED>

Seriously. I'm not big on pulling e-mail transactions and posting them, but I'm hardly exaggerating at all. He is a real "tough-luck/check is in the mail " kinda guy. And he *seemed* so serious about keeping a good reputation around here. That was part of why I trusted him. He didn't seem like he was going to just burn his bridges with the whole AtariAge trust thing. Especially over $20.

It really doesn't make sense to me. He had to know this was going to happen eventually, too.

Edited by Paranoid

My Turn...

He had a hard luck story, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt

^ Absolutely right, as of late, life has fucked me hard, but this is no excuse for me to do the same to you.

You were very understanding and i appreaciated that

AJ, i just cant see spending 20.00 to ship an item back to you that i havent been able to get working. that 5200 is messed and i know you are very smart and know all about the "Guts" Of these systems, but this F,N thing dont work, i dont know what to tell u, it is in my storage unit packed with xtra games waiting to be sent, i dont wana a broken 5200, i got enough broken stuff. im willing to pay 1/2 of shipping back to you, or i can just ship the controlers and game back to you since the controlers are worth more then the system.

Collection for sale link... i did not purchase anything from him, i told him i went broke

2nd thread Jesus C paid in full for.

turbo grafx 16 and cd system 10 games 50.00

^

that was a deal i got last year lol, that is why it was not posted in the "Thrift finds" thread. it was in the anyone have any luck at garage sales or whatever post

Neo Geo lot was purchased by a friend in hopes to double profits and hopefully get me out of debt, the system blows and is unsellable. and the O2 games is the same story, they r worthless, "I should have known"

EDIT

Edited by Dusk2600

Cheap shots? I'm approaching it with a grain of sarcastic irony... you did have a sob-story, it *is* funny that I trusted a guy with Insane Clown Posse for his avatar... *and* the deal bombed... *and* I didn't get my stuff or my money back... *and*, I don't think I will, despite your assurances. If I do... you know, I'll post that here... I mean... in an ideal world, if I gave you money, you would send me the stuff. If you didn't send me the stuff, for whatever reason, you would get my money back to me ASAP. As it stands... it has been what... a couple of months, I don't have my stuff... I don't have my money. I'd call that a bummer deal. I think I'm being *pretty fucking understanding STILL* to be honest. It is only $20, after all. And your stories just haven't been consistent. The whole, "I'll just send you a money order back via registered mail" claim was great... but then you followed it up with "I sent cash, and I didn't send it registered, and oh, I didn't even send it to the right STATE".

Should I pull the e-mail and post it here to ESTABLISH that this is how the conversation went?

You did keep in touch. But I didn't send you $20 to be my e-Pal. I appreciate the fact that you didn't just blow me off, but I think you've been bullshitting me... and it sounds like you've been bullshitting AJ, too. Mostly, it is only fair that we post our negative experience with you, Dusk. Guys like you, for whatever reason, ruin the experience of trading here. I don't think you're a bad guy, I don't think you're trying to run a scam or a hustle. But I don't think you're a reliable, consistent, or accountable guy, and anyone that is going to consider doing business with you here should be aware of this. You've completed *some* of your transactions just fine with no complaints. So it isn't that you *can't* do it... But I'll tell you... if we have any deals in the future, it is going to be COD, or Paypal or something other than me sending you a money order and waiting for you to delvier the goods.

Oh... I forgot to mention... at some point early in the deal, we had increased the offer to include 2 disk drives for the Atari 8 bit... for another $20. I went out and got a second money order to send to Dusk... and, things had already gotten a LITTLE behind, a little wonky, so I held off on sending it... otherwise right now I would no doubt be out $40 instead of $20. For $20, I'm a little bit miffed... if this were over $40... you know, that is about the price of Adventure II for the 5200 or a Redemption adaptor... at that point, I'd be a little pissed.

I am not mad that you Posted... But The GF thing was a cheap shot

the rest of the shit u said is meaningless to me.

i did tell you my gf and i broke up, but it was not to be posted about. If I wanted all on AA to know i would start a Thread on it.

and you should post about our transaction here, i would do the same, but bringing up my personal business was not needed.

i am not running with your 20.00, it is money you worked hard 4, and i can definatly relate to that. as well as getting fucked via email transactions.

AJ is a different story, i still cant get that fucking 5200 to work. so why should i spend 20 to ship it back?!? it takes me almost 4 hours of working my shit job to make the 20.00 and ill be damned if i spend it shipping back broken merchandise.

Bottom line Paranoid is im mad because of what you said. if you came on here and said "Dusk is a piece of shit and i hope he dies" i would not have been upset. because i deserve it. but the gf thing i do not.

YOU'RE UPSET?!?

Ok... then, let's just back this up and illustrate something...

IF I had sent you the money order, and you had shipped me the stuff you SAID you were going to ship... over a month ago, when we FIRST completed this deal, like we had AGREED to do... you wouldn't be here, UPSET. If YOU had carried out YOUR end of the bargain... I wouldn't be posting "Cheap shots" about you here... and you wouldn't be upset... IF *YOU* HAD DONE ANYTHING YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO... there wouldn't be any reason for this post, and everyone would be happy. All it would have taken is you going down to the post office and sending my stuff when you got the money order with your name on it. But that part seemed to prove beyond your ability to comprehend.

Do you GET THAT, Dusk? This is YOUR fault. You've done this to YOURSELF. You've got fucking BALLS to tell me *you* are upset over this. So... if you're upset, if you're angry, and you're looking for someone to blame... find a mirror, look at the guy in it, and say to him, "Man, you've really done it to yourself this time, you piece of work"...

And, pssst, Dusk... this thread is ALL ABOUT illustrating when there has been a disagreement, and illustrating why. I'm SURE you would like it to go back into PM... but not because we're going to piss off moderators... You're pretty transparent, pal. This isn't hurting my reptuation on my ability to conduct trades and other business on AtariAge. I've *established* my credibility, honesty and integrity, and I can get a dozen AtariAge members to vouch for me on the basis of our completed transactions. Outside of that, everyone KNOWS that I act like this, and I bet they're surprised that I gave you THIS much room before I broke out the stick on you. This is only hurting YOUR reputation, Dusk. The more you argue with me here, the WORSE -you- are going to look. The sooner you realize it and stop trying to make excuses and distract attention from the real cause of the problem (you), the quicker you can start repairing your reputation.

Up until now I have JUST fired shots across your bow. I'm *still* giving you an opportunity to save your reputation and your pride.

Stop trying to shift the focus. This is YOUR fault. Own it, and make it right, with the humility the situation calls for. You are on my last nerve right now. If this were a debate, and didn't involve money and business, I wouldn't have been as nice as I have been.

PS: when you decide to delete the GF sob story part of your initial complaint ill ship the payment. otherwise dont bother talking to me.

Oh! WRONG MOVE.

I'd like to illustrate to everyone, that this is how this guy operates.

Keep the $20, Dusk. I told you days ago that eventually you were going to find a reason to justify ripping me off. Now you've done it. I'd gladly pay $20 to out a guy so that he can't rip off anyone ELSE in this community in the future. Money well spent to show EXACTLY what kind of guy you are.

Anybody who deals with Dusk does so at their own risk.

<EDITED>

You want this removed. Send me the money, and a hand written apology <EDITED>... and when I receive that, I'll delete whatever you find objectional. Otherwise, <EDITED>

How DARE you threaten *me* when YOU'VE created your own problem.

Edited by Paranoid

Not to mention that I paid by money order, and now I've got evidence of you ADMITTING that not only did you not send the item, and kept and cashed the check, but that you're refusing to return the money or to send the item at this point...

You understand that this is considered a FEDERAL offense by the post-master general. It is postal fraud, and you've admitted to it, in a way that I can easily document, as well as proving WHO you are, <Information Edited on Request>. It isn't the amount of money, to the post office, it is the principle.

I'd rethink your current strategy, if I were you, Dusk.

Edited by Paranoid

Oh, and hell... allow me to go on and defend AJ as well...

You claim...

AJ is a different story, i still cant get that fucking 5200 to work. so why should i spend 20 to ship it back?!? it takes me almost 4 hours of working my shit job to make the 20.00 and ill be damned if i spend it shipping back broken merchandise.

The answer is simple. Because you entered into a business transaction with AJ, and in order to complete it, you need to either complete your end, or take on whatever additional expense is required to find a satisfactory solution. When my original Atarimax cart arrived and didn't work right on my 5200, I didn't expect Steve to pay shipping both ways, and I had to ship back and forth several times to complete the transaction. In light of the fact that it cost me an additional $12 of shipping to get it taken care of, I think Classics went above and beyond the call of duty as a merchant in helping me to resolve the issue. But he didn't absorb MY expenses... and there is no reason he should have.

I don't care if you make minimum wage, that isn't a justification for ripping AJ off. If the item shows up broke, and AJ says it shipped in fine condition, you need to pay to ship it back to him, he can fix it for whatever it costs, then HE can ship it back to you at his cost. THAT is fair. This is about basic business integrity, Dusk, and you are illustrating just how much of it you have.

Good luck getting anyone who reads this thread to agree to do business with you again.

i said it was my fault

i will send you a Conf #

better yet

ill post it here.

Certified mail number

7006 0810 0004 8107 5674

check after 6 tonight.

now for the love of God please get the personal info our of this thread

you should have it in 3 days...

I am also doing the same for AJ

Edited by Dusk2600

I don't know why you let it get to this point. It could have gone so much smoother if you had just done a *couple* of things RIGHT beyond just keeping in communication. AJ and I both were more than reasonable and understanding with you, and even now, I would have rather not had to go this route.