IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

If you haven't made an entry there yet, you might also want to identify this horrible-sale-gone-wrong in the User Feedback Forum (basically his seller reputation profile here). . .it might just protect someone else from him.

I fully agree with this suggestion, and did the same in my situation:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253020-goaltoss/?do=findComment&comment=3565864

--Tim

• 2 weeks later...

praetorian639

http://www.ebay.com/usr/praetorian639?euid=4d275b2d5c9e4b34905079ae63ef2a5c&bu=43160732771&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

He purchased a game from me. Then opened a return on ebay and said I sent wrong item. In comments he said he thought it was a different game. The claim was killed instantly. He then opened a pp claim against me saying the item did not work. PP of course sided in his favor and told me they can't use ebays claim information to prove he lied so they have to side with him and allow a retun.

• Like 1

This idiot sent me a different game back. I video taped myself opening his package showing it was damaged and not the game I sent him. I already got my refund, he is now getting investigated and I need to send them prrof of the video so they can try and hold him accountable and take the money back from him.

Good Grief! Why do people try that nonsense?

And this is why I do not use ebay for selling games or consoles anymore. Selling games/hardware on ebay is really risky nowadays. I stick to AtariAge or locally especially when it comes to games and consoles. No more ebay for me in that regard. I have been burned in almost the same way a few times now.

Edited by eightbit

And he has been....along with his other persona(s):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/257534-soldtraded/

Goal toss has been banned. I tried to purchave a lynx unit from him and after a month no console and no tracking "package must be lost" scenario. To shorten the story, I could not pm him and this is how I found out he was banned. Went on line did a little looking and found out everything you can about him without paying and sent an email to an address associated with his name. To his credit, he refunded me through PayPal with no further problems. I am not sure what his deal but he made it fair with me. His email is nmemoryofchristy@gmail.com if anyone wants to do a last ditch effort at communication.

• Like 1

Fun thing today - just received a cancellation from a refund request from PayPal:

Shawn Setnicky (yuppicide0138@comcast.net) canceled the following money request:

The refund request was from 2011! This is the guy who pulled off one of the larger scams on Atariage for the Skull Island game, made off with several thousand dollars of AA members money.

Why he would cancel this now, and rub salt into an old would, is beyond me.

Good times!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Avoid ebay member dan-ohio . I sold him a cart and he complained and said he thought the manual and original box came with it . Photo was of cart only . Piece of crap wanted money back is all . He said that because I claimed it ships in a box with packing material that he thought it came with manual and original box wtf .

Wow guess I need to adjust my listings to say "ships in a corrugated cardboard shipping box".

I already put cart only in my description and condition but when dealing with assholes and scammers you can't be to precise.

Ebay won't take off the negative either . Bunch of crap . I had 100 percent and the scammer said use caution and don't buy from him lol . I reported him as a buyer and if he has done this often they will take action ... so nothing will happen . Maybe I will have to watch for him to sell something :ponder:

Yep keeping a 100% positive this day and age is over. Don't do international shipping. Guy left me a negative because he didn't get his package from the USA to UK in 7 days from his purchase date. It is what it is now, and people know to disregard 1 bad feedback for 300 good ones. Just block him from buying from you in the future, it's about all you can do.

• 3 weeks later...

What I do on all my stuff is list no returns. Saves you a lot of trouble. You can still do returns but if you know that what you did water wrong you don't have your accept the return.

You can list No Returns on anything you like, all the buyer has to do is open a case with a BS reason and they will almost always get the return.

Edited by atari181

Agreed, you can win but it's hard. It takes ignoring the outcome on the site, calling the phone (not the given with a code on their website, but direct) and usually get some crap call center. Get obtuse with them and go in circles like they love to do if they don't just get really helpful fast. You'll end up with someone back in the US and you show what's up, show your perfect(former) record, make them read all the mails, the actual auction, and see your pictures. Then ask them what do you think I could have done more than this when someone clearly appears to be trying to blackmail money or get out of a purchase?

I've had to do this about once or twice a year for the last couple years and i've won it every time.

I don't write much on my posts. I put in the title - Game Only, - Game & Manual Only, -Game + Dual Sleeve/Case, etc up there. I then explain in the little write up Up for auction is this...game/accessory/etc and it is for the XXX (ie: SNES Super NES Super NIntendo)<- I do this to catch anyone being lazy in their searches) After that usually I may write one bait sentence about something cool about the game.

Then it goes right into condition, and i put flatly -- please see the images to know what to exactly what you're getting in the mail. IF there is something of note to call out (label issue, scuffs even albeit minor on a disc) I note them. I'd rather scare off an uptight collectard and also shut down the wannabe illiterate scammer doing that.

After, I just close it with -- This will ship in a bubble bag (box, small box, USPS Small Flat Rate) to the winner, Thanks.

That's it. Hasn't failed me yet. But I 100% block every single country both with the nation selector *and* I block (manually since the dicks won't save it) the Global Mailing shipping scam they do too. Unless it's an odd box I only use a flat shipping fee of $3 or $4 in the first class level up to 15oz.

If someone tries crap, also I'd keep any images of whatever you sold until it's too late for them to pull some paypal whinefest to get it back that way if they want to lie and say X, you can show the images. If it's something of value, take a few more you DO NOT list, so if the jerks do something like send back a crappier copy you can show tells in the image they did a bait n switch to steal your property. I've gone that route before on a like new (not a mark on it) Metroid Prime 3 some jerk tried to rip me off over the amount of like $15. I told the guy I took high res images of the disc and have the bar code/ring codes from the disc, so if he wants to say I sent him a scratched disc that won't play passed the metroid hatchery area(which I knew it would I did play it that far and then some) feel free. Dude backed off and never wrote back.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I bought a game on ebay a while back it was shipped from NYC to Indiana. It took 3 weeks to arrive. In that time frame, the package went from NYC to Maine, from Maine to Pennsylvania, from Pennsylvania to Atlanta, from Atlanta to St. Louis, from St. Louis back east to Cleveland, from Cleveland back west past Indiana over to Kansas City, and then from Kansas City back east to Cincinnati, and then from Cincinnati to Indianapolis, and then from Indianapolis to a nearby city, then to my city. USPS is the worst and expensive as hell too.

USPS is the worst and expensive as hell too.

Yeah you know what really drives me insane? Insurance! Holy shit do they have an awesome scam going on. I have never in my life seen a service where the provider can not be held accountable. Man why can't I sell shit under the same stipulations. Buy insurance in case I damage or lose your property you paid me for.

Yeah of course I will put that brand new tire on your car would you like to pay insurance in case I drop it on a nail, because if I do that and you don't buy ins. well hey you're shit out of luck.

If you really think about it it's pretty f$^&d up. Here is your burger, sorry I accidentally burned it but you didn't pay for over-cooking ins. so that's on you. You either eat it or pay for another burger.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I just got negged on Ebay for only the second time ever in years of selling across many accounts (the first was out of spite by our beloved reseller schoolgirl). I had a spare copy of Gunfighter/Moonship Battle for the Studio II in good CIB shape, and actually in better shape than most boxed Studio II games I've come across. Not absolutely mint or brand new, but still very good. The box was still nice and white and clean, and the cart and manual were essentially good as new. Out of an abundance of caution, I listed it as being in "good" shape, which it was. Not Very Good or better, but just good, because it was in more than just "acceptable" shape. Or so I thought. Those of you who've done deals with me here know my standards for condition and packing.

Apparently, my "good" condition is merely acceptable condition to the buyer junkbgone:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/junkbgone

AKA Ashley Sacker of Oklahoma (in case she tries to use another name), who took delivery of the spare copy on the 7th of April, 45 days ago, but WAITED OVER A MONTH AND A HALF UNTIL NOW to leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK claiming the following: "Listed in good condition, was in acceptable condition, Right side faded & torn", all without bothering to contact me at all this entire time, nor asking for additional photographs or expressing any concerns about condition before spending $150 on what is a very specific rare niche game- one that she purchased within hours of it being listed. I would have been happy to issue a refund if condition was absolutely that important to her, but was never even given the chance. I had almost forgotten about the sale, and really hate getting ambushed by a negative like this so long after a sale by an overly picky and flaky buyer. Do not sell to this person, and make sure to add them to your blocked buyer list as I will be doing.

The ironic thing about this is that I had listed the item as merely "good" out of an abundance of caution despite it being in better than "good" shape due to having heard horror stories about overly picky buyers. From now on, every single item, no matter how mint or brand new it is, no matter the condition, will be listed at the lowest possible description of "acceptable" just to try and hopefully have one less way for bad buyers like this to screw me over and neg me. I urge you all to do the same.

Edited by Blazing Lazers

If my investigations are correct...

In my personal opinion (and only that), the remainder of your post seems to be a disproportionate response to someone you don't know leaving negative feedback for a single transaction with which you weren't involved.

In my personal opinion (and only that), the remainder of your post seems to be a disproportionate response to someone you don't know leaving negative feedback for a single transaction with which you weren't involved.

Hence why I actually deleted all the content I wrote before I even saw your post as I realized that right after. I guess I get more curious about such things when I see it is from someone in my own part of the world and especially within a 2 hour drive at that.

Hence why I actually deleted all the content I wrote before I even saw your post as I realized that right after. I guess I get more curious about such things when I see it is from someone in my own part of the world and especially within a 2 hour drive at that.

Fair enough.

I just got negged on Ebay for only the second time ever in years of selling across many accounts (the first was out of spite by our beloved reseller schoolgirl). I had a spare copy of Gunfighter/Moonship Battle for the Studio II in good CIB shape, and actually in better shape than most boxed Studio II games I've come across. Not absolutely mint or brand new, but still very good. The box was still nice and white and clean, and the cart and manual were essentially good as new. Out of an abundance of caution, I listed it as being in "good" shape, which it was. Not Very Good or better, but just good, because it was in more than just "acceptable" shape. Or so I thought. Those of you who've done deals with me here know my standards for condition and packing.

Apparently, my "good" condition is merely acceptable condition to the buyer junkbgone:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/junkbgone

AKA Ashley Sacker of Oklahoma (in case she tries to use another name), who took delivery of the spare copy on the 7th of April, 45 days ago, but WAITED OVER A MONTH AND A HALF UNTIL NOW to leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK claiming the following: "Listed in good condition, was in acceptable condition, Right side faded & torn", all without bothering to contact me at all this entire time, nor asking for additional photographs or expressing any concerns about condition before spending $150 on what is a very specific rare niche game- one that she purchased within hours of it being listed. I would have been happy to issue a refund if condition was absolutely that important to her, but was never even given the chance. I had almost forgotten about the sale, and really hate getting ambushed by a negative like this so long after a sale by an overly picky and flaky buyer. Do not sell to this person, and make sure to add them to your blocked buyer list as I will be doing.

The ironic thing about this is that I had listed the item as merely "good" out of an abundance of caution despite it being in better than "good" shape due to having heard horror stories about overly picky buyers. From now on, every single item, no matter how mint or brand new it is, no matter the condition, will be listed at the lowest possible description of "acceptable" just to try and hopefully have one less way for bad buyers like this to screw me over and neg me. I urge you all to do the same.

I don't want to side with the buyer, but they have a legitimate case here though. On eBay you need to do an excellent job of covering all of your bases, and based on what I am seeing on the listing, you did not. There is a single top-down photo and the sides are cropped. Next time you list something like that, take a few extra minutes and snap pictures of every side. If not, all you are doing is setting yourself up for another potential negative in the future. It's your responsibility as the seller to provide as much detail about the product as possible. It's especially true when it's an expensive item. If I was in the buyer's shoes, I would have been angry, too (although to be fair, I don't buy expensive items without multiple detailed photos).

• Like 2