IGNORED

Bad Trader Alert

FND

I assume you are talking about a loose cart here, not a boxed one as the original poster is talking about. Loose carts from Atari are pretty tough and I wouldn't worry about shipping one in a bubble mailer. I would never ship a boxed game wrapped in bubble wrap inside a bubble mailer.

..Al

Correct . "low value cart only game"

I will admit I have started shipping genesis and master system boxed games in bubble mailers after I got so many shipped to me w/out damage. Since they are plastic they can handle it. I do wrap those in extra bubble wrap before I ship and I'm not too worried because they are aftermarket boxes I get for $1 each and if I get a claim I will just ship a new one in a box.

Those are my repros I make and ship in bubble mailers though. If they were original boxed genesis games and such I would ship in a box. I would never ship any cardboard item in a bubble mailer though. I have a very low tolerance on bubble mailers personally but most of the time they are sufficient for cart only and flexible plastic case games. I would not ship brittle jewel cases though like ps1 or dreamcast, those would be boxes.

I'm curious, how much did you pay for the game?

1 bid, $18. Enough to cover shipping without going entirely out of pocket.

What's always funny about this kind of thing is, I'd rather just get an honest reply. If the message was "look, I screwed up- can I get another $5 for shipping?" I wouldn't be waiting out a claim. Instead I'm getting snarky messages like I'm trying to rip the guy off (while simultaneously not getting that all-important invoice to actually send a payment.) It's basic customer service- don't make your mistakes your customer's problem.

So, now that PayPal has closed the claim in my favor- the seller's name is willitornot1, PayPal email realtrade4u@gmail.com (in case he changes it later.)

The last week has simply consisted of a series of increasingly insulting comments about how ignorant I am to expect an item to ship at $3. Ingoring, or course, that he picked the amount & never sent an invoice for the extra money he demanded.

I'm not gonna say 'never buy from this seller', sadly he's got some decently unusual stuff listed. But be warned- you're probably in for a fight to get your stuff shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/columbusthekid

This guy has me sooooo irritated right now. I sold him Megaman Wily wars and I list it as not having freezing. He negs me stating it has slow down. I never said it didn't asshole. I'm about to drive to Ohio tomorrow. Only 6 hrs to get satisfaction! Not sure who the hell he is but he obviously purchased just to neg me.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/columbusthekid

This guy has me sooooo irritated right now. I sold him Megaman Wily wars and I list it as not having freezing. He negs me stating it has slow down. I never said it didn't asshole. I'm about to drive to Ohio tomorrow. Only 6 hrs to get satisfaction! Not sure who the hell he is but he obviously purchased just to neg me.

Did he try to contact you first ? I tried to leave someone a neg or nuetral and it would not let me until I contacted them , wtf .

Did he try to contact you first ? I tried to leave someone a neg or nuetral and it would not let me until I contacted them , wtf .

Nope, just negged me. You sometimes have time restrictions you have to wait a week or so before you can leave a negative. Brian you live near him I'll give you a $100 to punch him in his face for me :)

I would avoid ebay user unded_evol_3, bought a untested 2600 from them, jackass charged 11$ postage, it was a week before tracking info was provided, and when it arrived it was crammed in a bubble mailer so tight the plastic was stretching, course I cant fault the slow ass shipping I did not notice the 2-11 days, but yea they dont want any more of my money

here's a couple shots, somehow the unit is actually in one piece, that's 1 4 switch woody, rf cable, and power supply in there, oh and the whole thing rode from MI to TN with the switches face down as the label is on the bottom of the console

post-35237-0-34611600-1498777771_thumb.jpg

post-35237-0-23139400-1498777772_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

LOL, this is so bad it's funny. I guess you likely purchased a broken item so he figured it didn't matter anyhow.

broken electronics I can fix like new, broken case is worthless

apon closer inspection there is one clip broken off inside the machine that holds the faceplate on, since its inside I cant really say if that happened before or after its rough ride, but its on the inside and a bit of scigrip will weld that back in a jiffy

oh for the record, I had a lapse of judgement due to its low low price and bought a "launch edition", that's what I get though

Edited by Osgeld

eBay is at fault for launch edition fiasco. They have added launch edition keyword to every single fucking consoles. 6 switch heavy is the only true "launch edition", all other 2600 are redesigned and reissued. Mini SNES? Launch Edition! Majesco Game Gear that doesn't work with TV tuner and a few SMS games? Launch Edition! Atari 5200 with 2 ports and won't work with 3 games? Launch Edition!!!

Seller did not add these, they are auto added by eBay. Seller needs to be aware and manually delete it from title when making a listing.

• Like 1

there's an entire different topic about that, I dont want to junk up this thread, but no ebay is not slapping that on every title, its showing up as canned listings due to its self feeding popularity by people too stupid or lazy to make their own listing... I knew before entering the deal that this guy was a lazy fkwit, and that's what I get

• Like 2

Steer clear of the eBay seller eeo003. Her real name is Gloria Wooden. I purchased an official Atari 5200 PSU from her. The listing title was "Used Atari 5200: Original OEM AC/DC Power Supply Adapter C018187 Untested." Simple enough, right?

Description: "Original Atari 5200 AC/DC Power Adapter Part number CO18187, Input 120VAC 60Hz 38VA, Output 9.3VDC AT 1.95A, as stated has not been tested. but was working last time used, which I do not have the correct date it was used. Very good condition."

Took forever to get from Silver Spring, MD to Philadelphia. I followed along on the tracking and it went down to NC first - thanks USPS! Obviously not her fault, but she did illegally use Media Mail (gasp!)...

Here's where the fun begins, and the reason for my post...I open up the package and it is a completely random off-brand power supply. Not the OEM one pictured or described in the slightest and with a completely different output. Needless to say, that simply would not do, so I opened a return request, with the ebay category reason for return of "doesn't match description or photos," including a picture of the trash I was sent and included the following message:

"Received the item today. Unfortunately, it is not what I purchased. As per the listing title, description and photo on the listing, I was to receive an OEM Atari 5200 power supply. Instead, I received a generic power supply that does not even match the output of the authentic Atari 5200 power supply. I would like to receive what I ordered. If that is not possible, I would like a full refund. I would be happy to ship this back to you if you provide a postage paid mailing label. Please advise. Thanks."

I got the following response:

"No returns, as I had stated in my listing, You paid $8.00, no shipping price, shipping price was 3.12 approx, which I paid. $8.00 was you bid, which you paid. The description was correct, as stated in my listed. You can discard the item."

To which I responded:

"I completely understand that you have a no return policy. However, this item is covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee: "Get the item you ordered or your money back." I did not get the item I ordered. I received some random power supply that does not match ANYTHING in the listing - it isn't made by Atari, it doesn't match the part number, it doesn't match the picture in your listing (note that the picture I included in the return request of the item I received is a completely different item than the picture in the listing). eBay will 100% make you refund me if you don't on your own."

I didn't hear back after that, so I assumed I would have to have eBay step in after the three-day waiting period to force the refund, but surprisingly later than night I was refunded in full and she didn't want the item back...I get that $8 isn't much money, but it's not about that, it's about the principle of the matter - sending the completely wrong item, perhaps on purpose and hoping I wouldn't notice, and then her denying that there was any issue at all. I may sound worked up about it, but I thought the whole thing was hilarious.

Whatever you do, don't buy from her! I think she even relisted the PSU lol...It was my worst experience on eBay in my 12 years on there.

I didn't hear back after that, so I assumed I would have to have eBay step in after the three-day waiting period to force the refund, but surprisingly later than night I was refunded in full and she didn't want the item back...I get that $8 isn't much money, but it's not about that, it's about the principle of the matter - sending the completely wrong item, perhaps on purpose and hoping I wouldn't notice, and then her denying that there was any issue at all. I may sound worked up about it, but I thought the whole thing was hilarious.

Whatever you do, don't buy from her! I think she even relisted the PSU lol...It was my worst experience on eBay in my 12 years on there.

I'm just assuming this but she probably sent you the wrong one by mistake. She probably still had the same one she had meant to send you which is why she relisted it, and also the fact she didn't want the item she sent you back.

EDIT:

I also hate the media mail sellers. I almost had to pay shipping on a "free shipping" item due to that(the postal service opened the box to inspect it) at the post office but the post man finally let me take it anyway. It was an NES shipped as Media Mail. They know better than that.

Edited by SignGuy81
  • Like 1

Of course she relisted it- she never mailed it to you, after all!

I'm always amazed at the sellers who screw up & try to make it sound like you're the issue. I've only given negative feedback to two people: the guy I talked about a few posts ago who blamed me for the low shipping payment he set up, and a guy who tried to pretend I didn't send a payment for 2 weeks after the auction. He was clearly waiting for paypal to clear to get shipping money, but wouldn't admit it.

I've had other issues on Ebay, but they didn't get a negative. You know why? Honesty! Package comes a month late? Not a problem, because when I asked the seller why I didn't have it, they old me the truth- they thought they'd mailed it with some other stuff, but upon checking found out it slid behind the desk. Didn't neg the lady who opened a case with the Post Office but never could figure out where my box went. I didn't even neg the guy who flat-out accused me of trying to swap a damaged copy of a game on him! Because he wasn't nasty about it, and quite frankly under the circumstances, I would have blamed me too.

People make mistakes. Most folks are surprisingly forgiving of that, as long as you don't make your mistakes their problem.

I didn't even neg the guy who flat-out accused me of trying to swap a damaged copy of a game on him!

I video record any package that gets sent back to me. I don't trust anybody especially on ebay. Last year I had a POS send me a different game back than what he purchased. PP refunded him (from my funds) and then they paid me back! They can eat the loss. The pp rep didn't care too much. I asked if he wanted the video and he had no interest in it until I told him "I don't care what pp does because this guy is no longer stealing from me he is stealing from pp" LOL. All of the sudden a light clicked and he told me to send him the video LMAO.

I video record any package that gets sent back to me. I don't trust anybody especially on ebay. Last year I had a POS send me a different game back than what he purchased. PP refunded him (from my funds) and then they paid me back! They can eat the loss. The pp rep didn't care too much. I asked if he wanted the video and he had no interest in it until I told him "I don't care what pp does because this guy is no longer stealing from me he is stealing from pp" LOL. All of the sudden a light clicked and he told me to send him the video LMAO.

Do you have a huge collection of package videos? It would be pretty funny to put the package in the same spot every time and then do a frame by frame playback of all the different packages. :D

I video record any package that gets sent back to me.

Interestingly, I didn't actually return it.

I ordered a copy of Trap Gunner for the PS1. Guy said it was shipping, I said I was excited to get a complete copy since mine was disc-only. Game shows up- the manual is torn and missing 2 pages. I write to the guy to set up the return. He says he didn't personally see the game- he was letting a friend use his account- but his friend swears it was in perfect condition and he's just not sure I'm trying to pawn off my damaged copy on him... but if I send photos he'll fix it. I pointed out that I did say my copy was disc-only, not just damaged casing, and sent pics of both copies of the game. He didn't reply to that one, so I opened a case & won. I sent Ebay a message asking what to do with the game (they didn't specify). Ebay said it was a 'no fault' decision, meaning my refund came from Ebay- so unles the seller asked for the game back, I could do whatever I wanted with it. He never did ask for it back, I wasn't paying the shipping, so I traded it away at a con about a year later.

I opted to not leave any feedback because the guy had a perfect rating, and I didn't feel the situation warranted messing that up. Despite the accusation, he was quick to reply and rather pleasant to talk to... and really, if I had someone buy a game from me, admit they were replacing a copy, and then say the one I mailed them was messed up- I don't think I'd believe them either. I hope he never let his friend use his account again, though.

Edited by HoshiChiri

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did my first video of a package I sent out.

Auction was won. Sent the buyer and invoice 2 days later got no response. Opened an Unpaid item issue got paid still nothing form the buyer on communication. So I packed the box and took a video so there would be no chance he would say Never got it or did not get the right item.

Am I being too precautious? I just thought it odd they never said anything back to my messages.