IGNORED

Atari 5200 case project!

Raven1280

• 3 weeks later...

post-8896-1157417818_thumb.jpgpost-8896-1157417875_thumb.jpg

Anyone got any finished pictures of the cases? Id love to see pics of peoples collections in the cases.

Here is a couple of pictures of what I have so far. I think this was a great contribution and I can't wait to finish the cases fo my carts. I am about half way there, but I am having trouble downloading the rest of the inserts. PM me if anyone can help!

Anyone got any finished pictures of the cases? Id love to see pics of peoples collections in the cases.

Here is a couple of pictures of what I have so far. I think this was a great contribution and I can't wait to finish the cases fo my carts. I am about half way there, but I am having trouble downloading the rest of the inserts. PM me if anyone can help!

MY GOD :-o THATS IT! I mush have these cases! How much and where I can buy them cheap!

Is the CD still available ? I would like to get a set of the insert files but cant seem to get the link to work

also just orderd the sleeved cases and would like to use these insert files, they look awesome. :lust:

Thanks for all the time you put into them, its a great contribution that is much appreciatied

Also could there be a generic type insert made for 5200 prototypes that could have the title edited by

the user, this way only one would need to be made and could be used for any proto ? Just a thought.

That looks simply incredible. How/what did you print them on/with--it's really a nice printing job! The colors are spot-on.

WOW~!

MY GOD :-o THATS IT! I mush have these cases! How much and where I can buy them cheap!

What program did you use to print the inserts with? I noticed that there are white bands at the top and bottom of the inserts. They should fit the cases perfectly. Even with the white bands the still look great. I just wish I could afford to order my own cases. I have a grand total of 2 :D

Heres my original pictures notice no white bands at top and bottom. I used photoshop to print these I dont know if that makes a difference when printing.

DSC02263.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

By the way if anyone cares I started a project making dvd case inserts for Jaguar CD games aswell... heres a couple of pictures.

DSC02317.jpg

DSC02316.jpg

BlueLightningInsert.jpg

VidGridInsert2.jpg

Drangon2.jpg

Edited by Raven1280

Very nice! Noticed that Realsports Baseball has a screenshot of Galaxian though. Thanks!

-Brian

Ok Ive got Galaxian fixed and found a copy of Beefdrop. Ive also made a Insert for the conversion of CHICKEN. I will make another torrent with these 3 files and any other inserts i make in the next couple of days.

What program did you use to print the inserts with? I noticed that there are white bands at the top and bottom of the inserts. They should fit the cases perfectly. Even with the white bands the still look great. I just wish I could afford to order my own cases. I have a grand total of 2 :D

Heres my original pictures notice no white bands at top and bottom. I used photoshop to print these I dont know if that makes a difference when printing.

DSC02263.jpg

DSC02268.jpg

By the way if anyone cares I started a project making dvd case inserts for Jaguar CD games aswell... heres a couple of pictures.

DSC02317.jpg

DSC02316.jpg

BlueLightningInsert.jpg

VidGridInsert2.jpg

Drangon2.jpg

I printed these using Kodak easyshare. I was able to use letter size paper without tricking the printer with a piece of legal paper behind it. I could trim the white off, but then they would be shorter.

Something happened to my computer while I was DLing the torrent of these inserts. Could anyone re-seed it for me. I'd like to get them.

I put it back on seeding.

Steve

Ive been seeding most of the time aswell. If you dont see anyone just let it run. I might not be seeding at the time but i do turn it on every day.

Just a heads up to anyone who was interested in getting the inserts printed up

at KINKO'S

They wont print anything with a Copyright or a Company Logo like "ATARI"

to bad to as the one test sheet I had printed up looked awsome :(

The price was not to bad either legal size glossy 0.84 each, add that to

the cost of the cases at 0.55 each and the total for a nice case with glossy insert

would have been 1.39 each

My next idea is to print some test using my inkjet and photo paper that I can

get at the dollar store, 1.00 for eight sheets of 8.5" X 11". The inserts will need

to be resized a little smaller but considering I also have a few extra

color ink cartridges I picked up at a garage sale I should be able to get

the cost down to around 1.00 each for Case and photo quality insert. :)

After re-sizing the inserts should only be 1/8 inch small on each end. ;)

Thanks again for taking the time to make the inserts and allow us to use them.

Good karma for you

Just a heads up to anyone who was interested in getting the inserts printed up

at KINKO'S

They wont print anything with a Copyright or a Company Logo like "ATARI"

to bad to as the one test sheet I had printed up looked awsome :(

The price was not to bad either legal size glossy 0.84 each, add that to

the cost of the cases at 0.55 each and the total for a nice case with glossy insert

would have been 1.39 each

My next idea is to print some test using my inkjet and photo paper that I can

get at the dollar store, 1.00 for eight sheets of 8.5" X 11". The inserts will need

to be resized a little smaller but considering I also have a few extra

color ink cartridges I picked up at a garage sale I should be able to get

the cost down to around 1.00 each for Case and photo quality insert. :)

After re-sizing the inserts should only be 1/8 inch small on each end. ;)

Thanks again for taking the time to make the inserts and allow us to use them.

Good karma for you

You can get legal size paper at most office stores and print on it. Looks just as good as glossy photopaper without having to scale down the insert. Just buy the highest quality legal paper you can find.

Edited by Raven1280

• 5 weeks later...