IGNORED

Jaguar Census '06

BonnutFilmStudio

I have gotten a lot of support for this idea from others, but I was curious as to if anyone here at the Atari Age forum would be interested in participating in a Jaguar Census? I'm putting together the form right now. What I am ascertaining is, how many Jaguar people there are out there, including who collects and who just plays. In addtion to that how many Jag-Linkers there are, and who owns what hardware rare and common. If a census could be made of rare hardware and software it would be easier to know how many of what rare item exists. I'm going to post the form at other forums, but I was wondering if people here would be intertesed as well? In addtion to that are there any quetions you'd want in a survey. The stats for this form will be available any time once they are completed upon the launch of my Jaguar page.

I have gotten a lot of support for this idea from others, but I was curious as to if anyone here at the Atari Age forum would be interested in participating in a Jaguar Census? I'm putting together the form right now. What I am ascertaining is, how many Jaguar people there are out there, including who collects and who just plays. In addtion to that how many Jag-Linkers there are, and who owns what hardware rare and common. If a census could be made of rare hardware and software it would be easier to know how many of what rare item exists. I'm going to post the form at other forums, but I was wondering if people here would be intertesed as well? In addtion to that are there any quetions you'd want in a survey. The stats for this form will be available any time once they are completed upon the launch of my Jaguar page.

Why not just use tthe "poll" feature right here for this? No sense making up special web pages somewhere else.....

Edited by else

This is much more than a poll though, and the web page is merely where I will post the results. How many Jaguar people there are is merely the main question. This census is for a lot of reasons, too many to fit into a poll. And this is across many message boards, I'm hoping including this one. Which reminds me, GT Turbo, would you be interested in it for the Jagware forum? I can send you the form so you know what it looks like.

This is much more than a poll though, and the web page is merely where I will post the results. How many Jaguar people there are is merely the main question. This census is for a lot of reasons, too many to fit into a poll. And this is across many message boards, I'm hoping including this one. Which reminds me, GT Turbo, would you be interested in it for the Jagware forum? I can send you the form so you know what it looks like.

Okay, I guess I kinda get it.

Edited by else

I think this will work out very well,

especially for those who are doing current Jaguar development projects. I'd personally like to know how many people have a Jag-CD or are interested in purchasing one (same for Jag CF, etc).

Perhaps this should be done for other consoles in the future aswell...

I'm glad people are on board for this. And Shawn Jr. no it won't be 100% accurate because it'll be excluding those people who aren't online Jaggers. But the fuction of this survey is hopefully that people will only participate if they are curious about these questions too, and being honest will get the honest answers.

Hello,

I'm glad people are on board for this. And Shawn Jr. no it won't be 100% accurate because it'll be excluding those people who aren't online Jaggers. But the fuction of this survey is hopefully that people will only participate if they are curious about these questions too, and being honest will get the honest answers.

Put the survey somewhere people can get to easily, and people will surely be

happy to take part. People may be a bit anxious to publicise that they have a

number of the most rare items perhaps, but personally I have no problem. It

might be good to add a swap/sale feature if you're hosting it yourself. Some

people might well have things they might part with but not want to auction off.

(e.g. my whole near complete Jaguar collection bit by bit in due course maybe!)

Cheers,

JustClaws.

Cool, this involves two of my passions, market research and video games :D

Methinks it would be difficult to size the market, i.e. estimate the current number of Jaguar collectors/players. This would be a good way to gauge % ownership of different items and who is into what gameplay-wise with this approach. Good luck, looking forward to seeing it.