IGNORED

USB Jag communication cable : help us find a name

Zerosquare

Or how about calling another cat related name.. "bUSBy"
You REALLY can't get your mind off this game, can you ? :D

Actually been playing a lot of other titles on the Jag lately (mainly CD titles), but the Bubster deserves mention every now just to be odd if nothing else.

I actually like BUSBy. You've got references to USB, a Bus, and a play on spelling for a Jaguar game featuring a cat.

Thank you. I realized after the fact that his name is Bubsy and not Busby, but makes the name all the more unique, and strangely looks like "Bubsy" at a glance.

Ok, Google says...?

Appears Busby is a bunch of people's name. When entering Busby cable you get some reference for a Direct TV company, which appears to be it.

Edited by doctorclu

eJagulator cable !

And for the advertising : "Prepare to eJagulate like you never did before !" :D

Beware -- that kind of thing could be a ScatoLOGIC trademark :D

Catnip Cable
OK folks, I'm choosing this one. It is distinctive, has a tongue-in-cheek feline reference, and zero Google hits yet :cool:

Thanks a lot to Goochman and everybody else for your suggestions ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Zerosquare

What do I win? :)

Checkered Flag cart? :D

i hope you dont got something against checkerd flag. :x

and i really think you should stick it with names like

jaglink or catbox which is a great name!. but then again, so does coKa Cola. or maybe calling it windows xp! or Apple! now thats a good name.

Naming Jaguar Products is EASY!!!!

Easy there Tex... being a Bubsy fan I'm used to the idea that people like to have Jaguar games to mention in fun.

Congrats on the Catnip cable.

So could you tell us what this cable will do? I am talking to someone about a device that would involve USB but don't want to promote that too far if you already have something going.

and i really think you should stick it with names like

jaglink or catbox which is a great name!. but then again, so does coKa Cola. or maybe calling it windows xp! or Apple! now thats a good name.

Naming Jaguar Products is EASY!!!!

I paid full price for Checkered Flag so ya I have a beef with it :)

Then again Catnip should prove irresistible just like the real thing for cats so I could get stuck in CF for days :)

So could you tell us what this cable will do? I am talking to someone about a device that would involve USB but don't want to promote that too far if you already have something going.
Basically, high-speed and reliable BJL transfers, and communication with SCPCD's JagCF (Compact Flash) board, through USB. You can find detailed info in this topic on Jagware (most of the posts have an English translation).

Lol - funny how folks get caught up in a name.

Heres an idea - produce the cart/cable with a blacnk space and include a sticker book with letters on it - Folks can then name the cart whatever they want - and use the extra letters to put their name on a lunchbox or something else ;)

Lol - funny how folks get caught up in a name.

Heres an idea - produce the cart/cable with a blacnk space and include a sticker book with letters on it - Folks can then name the cart whatever they want - and use the extra letters to put their name on a lunchbox or something else ;)

that way i could name it apple or microsoft. sounds better then catnip cable :twisted:

you kidding me? catnip? now i wont buy that for a dollar!

:D

I agree DF!

what we could do is the following. we buy that "catnip" cable in oem. put the atari brand on it and wholesale it. that way we get max profit as if it was from atari. and if we get caught we just tell that we bought it from the author!! now i would buy that!

I agree DF!

what we could do is the following. we buy that "catnip" cable in oem. put the atari brand on it and wholesale it. that way we get max profit as if it was from atari. and if we get caught we just tell that we bought it from the author!! now i would buy that!

I don#t understand your problem man...sorry :?

I agree DF!

I don#t understand your problem man...sorry :?

the product is ok. only there are some things wrong with it.

first off its the name

second its made with the help of forum members of atariage. so no wonder its name was called catnip.

other than that. its a great product!

first off its the name

Zerosquare think that's a good one, it's to him to choose, it's him who has done the big work on this USB modul and i think that's a cool name.

second its made with the help of forum members of atariage.

and what's the problem ? Everybody here can read all posts, that's why Zerosquare has asked here, for all the Jag community can post a name.

its a great product!

i can say YES because it's a Jagware product ;) and a great work of Zerosquare and SCPCD, the two Jagware hardmaster :)

Please be cool, stop this kind of thing, that's not a good state of mind, what do you do that ? Do you know Atari mind ?

Stay cool, Stay Atari so i hope you're a real Atari man Dragonforce

GT Turbo (Jagware member)

It's not really constructive this kind of thing for the Jaguar, better dev than doing war between forum...

Edited by GT Turbo