IGNORED

'Super Pac-Man' TV Games Pictures

PacManPlus

Super Pacman seems to move way to fast when the button is pressed and is "Super". I did notice in MAME there are a lot of difficulty settings so maybe there is one that is similiar. I can end up with almost 12000+ bonus points where in MAME I usually get around 8900 if I follow a specific pattern. One annoying thing is that after the bonus levels and the bonus point countdown, and then after the end of level music, you here one more sound effect of the bonus counting down. Not big, but blatently obvious.

I don't think the stick is a 4-way? Which would have been a better choice. I need to recompare that with the first pacman stick. Why didnt they just add ms. pacman and jr. pacman?

Wow, thanks for the info on this- I've been out of the loop lately, and didn't see this new plug and play at the stores recently. There's no mention of it on the TVgames website, either. I'm still surprised that Namco gave it's blessing to include Pac-man Plus. If I remember the story correctly, Midway went ahead and produced Pac-man Plus on it's own without Namco approving it, thus dissolving their business partnership. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I don't think the stick is a 4-way? Which would have been a better choice. I need to recompare that with the first pacman stick. Why didnt they just add ms. pacman and jr. pacman?

It sure feels like a 4-way stick to me!

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

Edited by TrekkiELO

It sure feels like a 4-way stick to me!

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

Yep, I withdraw that comment after I had a little time to play with it.

Just too bad they didnt put ms. pacman on there. Maybe a 4-way stick would help with some of its control problems on the other units.

Of course, why do that, when they can come out with yet another ms pacman stick someday and get another $20?

• 4 weeks later...

Back to the gamekey issue....does it REALLY matter if it is game-key capable, if they aren't coming out with any game-keys? The only keys I've seen sold separately from the sticks, are "Spongebob-Squarepants" and "Dora The Explorer". I'm not saying they might not be fun for someone....but they just aren't for an old gamer like me.

:x

I found it at K-Mart for $20. Given the cost of gas, it would have been just slightly cheaper to run all the way out to Target, but not worth the time to do so.

I'm happy with the games, they are all pretty decent to play. I love the high score's being kept, and the pause-ability. The stick is a little noisy, though. I'm thinking of putting a drop of 3in1 down it, but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

The last time I played Super Pac-Man, was on my Commodore 64(the real computer)...but the disk is getting quite old, and I haven't tested it in years. I think it plays a little faster than the home computer version, but it's not that big of a problem, I'll just have to adjust. Pac-Man Plus was a wild ride, as it plays very fast and had features I've never seen before(the disappearing ghosts and maze), and I'm finding it a thrill to play, because it's much more difficult than regular Pac-Man.

Pac N Pal was a real treat, though. I actually had to read the instructions to figure this one out. Quite an interesting experience playing that one.

Overall, I'd give it 4 out 5 dots. Definitely worth the money, if the stick itself holds out for many hours. Maybe the noisyness will work itself out. If you look at it as $5 per game, it's definitely a decent price. I'm not sweating the game key issue, as per my previous post.

If they come out with a game-key version, that comes with some neat keys...I'll consider buying it. If it just comes key ready....I won't be tossing money out the window. I'm pleased with what I have, and keys are only good IF they actually come out with them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only home conversion of Baby Pac-man is gonna be the Visual PinMAME one.

Don't be so sure :D

Hinting at a new project, I see?

Oh yeah babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D :D

Edit:I just picked up this stick.Very nice,I like it.Seems like they got the timing of eating the ghosts confused.The points score should take longer in Pac-Man,while it should be quicker in Super Pac-Man......Never say never on Baby pac Plug n Play, or Jr.Pac,bundle it with Pac Land and Pac Mania for a Plug n Play super series!

Edited by Breakpack