IGNORED

Famicom Collecting

After Im done collecting US Nintendo NES games and consoles the next set is collecting old Famicom games and consoles, I already has some from the early 80s in NY but now Im starting to get more and to do so I first talking to a friend who lives in Japan and he's send ing me old Famicom games little by little starting with Famicom Carts, Disk Games and Disk Drive units like The Twin Famicom and here' some of the photos he took before he's mailing them to me and once I get them and pay for the S&H I then ask him to send me more all unit Im done collecting all the Famicom games and thanks to this Nintendo Database with all the listing games that Nintendo made I can now start off what I been waiting for over 20 years! "Hey better late then NEVER" ;D

Here some image of the games I got and more.

Ice Hockey

Famicom Grand Prix F1 Race

Nakayama Miho noTokimeki High School

Yumu Doki Doki Panic

Zelda 2 - Link no Bouken

Zelda - The Hyrule Fantasy

Super Mario 2 (Japan)

Golf

Baseball (konami)

Soccer

ExciteBike

and Mario USA

atariboydiscs2vq1mm.jpg

atariboydischockeya4lg0bs.jpg

atariboydischockeyb4qs3bo.jpg

atariboydiscnakayama3hk2un.jpg

atariboyexcitebike2up9dc.jpg

atariboymariousa3wr9mo.jpg

Ill be posting more image as seen as I get more games plus he also took photos of the stores where he got these games 8-)

So far soo good in the Famicom games and once I get these Ill try to scan and photo all of them and post them up soon but in the mean time some one ask me where in Tokyo these stores are and yer he do live in Japan but he don't live in an exciting place such as Tokyo. he live at the bottom of Honshu in a place called Shimonoseki. ;D So I dont knwo where these pics of the store are takin.

Hmm, that's a different store than I have been in. I should have taken pictures of Super Potato, they had a mint 4 switch atari not for sale, under the glass :D

That store is kinda small, Super Potato in Akihabara is huge. That's where I got my DBZ Super Butouden 1-3, hyper dimension as well as the 1st RPG and my boxed pong system. From there I also got Galaga, Excite Bike and Gradius II (NOT the same as Life Force).

There's also shops all around the tokyo area called Hard Off. They have resealed games for a bit of a price, but the real gold is at the "Junk" bin. literally: 30 cents a game. So I pick em all up, for super fami and regular fami. They just needed some cart contacts cleaned. I also picked up a CIB super scope, I was expecting it to not be all there, not only was it all there, but the plastic was still over the scope parts as well as the cartridge looks like it was never used. Picked it up for $3 (the price is still on the box :cool: )

Hmm, that's a different store than I have been in. I should have taken pictures of Super Potato, they had a mint 4 switch atari not for sale, under the glass :D

That store is kinda small, Super Potato in Akihabara is huge. That's where I got my DBZ Super Butouden 1-3, hyper dimension as well as the 1st RPG and my boxed pong system. From there I also got Galaga, Excite Bike and Gradius II (NOT the same as Life Force).

There's also shops all around the tokyo area called Hard Off. They have resealed games for a bit of a price, but the real gold is at the "Junk" bin. literally: 30 cents a game. So I pick em all up, for super fami and regular fami. They just needed some cart contacts cleaned. I also picked up a CIB super scope, I was expecting it to not be all there, not only was it all there, but the plastic was still over the scope parts as well as the cartridge looks like it was never used. Picked it up for $3 (the price is still on the box :cool: )

Are you still in Japan or taht was long ago?

Are you still in Japan or taht was long ago?

That was last year. Now i'm stuck in heatwave, USA. I wanna go back though but I know there's no chance in hell for me to be able to. I missed out on some stuff I wanted to get, including a famicom 2 for $60, CIB.

• 2 weeks later...
I've gotta visit Japan someday.

To give you an idea how its better getting the Famicom or any Japanes games there in Japan then say ebay.

Super Mario 2 USA Box - ebay cost $199 first bid!

Super Mario 2 USA Box - getting from Japan (by a friend or by your self) $12.40!!

Are you talking about Super Mario USA that comes in a pink box? That game usually sells on Ebay or in shops in Japan for about $10-$20 complete. Did the one with the $199 starting bid have a bid on it? I have a nice loose Twin Famicom and a boxed regular Disk System in my collection (both working) and a few more Disk Systems (boxed and loose) in the mail coming from Japan right now. Here's the thing about them though, they almost never work! The belt disintegrates/melts and turns into a pile of goo. Changing the belt isn't a big deal but most of the time that still doesn't fix them. The head has to be aligned and the motor speed needs to be adjusted. It's a huge pain in the ass. There's a guy on Ebay who sells belts, JF Goods or something like that. Someone mentioned taking pictures in Super Potato and Hard Off, that's usually a big no-no in Japan. Mandarake has signs all over the place in many languages saying photos are not allowed. Good luck with your Disk System stuff. I think it's worth the trouble to get a system working and find some disks that still have the correct games on them.

y-bot

I've gotta visit Japan someday.

To give you an idea how its better getting the Famicom or any Japanes games there in Japan then say ebay.

Super Mario 2 USA Box - ebay cost $199 first bid!

Super Mario 2 USA Box - getting from Japan (by a friend or by your self) $12.40!!

Are you talking about Super Mario USA that comes in a pink box? That game usually sells on Ebay or in shops in Japan for about $10-$20 complete. Did the one with the $199 starting bid have a bid on it? I have a nice loose Twin Famicom and a boxed regular Disk System in my collection (both working) and a few more Disk Systems (boxed and loose) in the mail coming from Japan right now. Here's the thing about them though, they almost never work! The belt disintegrates/melts and turns into a pile of goo. Changing the belt isn't a big deal but most of the time that still doesn't fix them. The head has to be aligned and the motor speed needs to be adjusted. It's a huge pain in the ass. There's a guy on Ebay who sells belts, JF Goods or something like that. Someone mentioned taking pictures in Super Potato and Hard Off, that's usually a big no-no in Japan. Mandarake has signs all over the place in many languages saying photos are not allowed. Good luck with your Disk System stuff. I think it's worth the trouble to get a system working and find some disks that still have the correct games on them.

y-bot

Wow, not trying to be short but I didn't realize all the hassle that went into replacing the belt. I thought it was just pop-in pop-out. I guess I might buy one in the future, but jeez. :roll:

Just wondering is anyone else here has some Famicom games and consoles like the Twin Famicom and or Disk Drive games? Like to hear some one who already has some and see how they play out. :D

I have many Famicom and Famicom Disk games. Sadly my Famicom Disk Drive died and I'm not sure if I'll get another one soon. They're so fragile ! I was in Japan few weeks ago (I really wanted to buy a Twin Famicom). But they weren't cheap, even there. I'm planning to review more and more Famicom Disk games on my site (I have about 80 disks) so keep looking :)

I personnaly love those games, especially DiskCards. The FDS was slightly different than the Famicom. Sound is for instance nicer, some aliens in the FDS version of Metroid make really weird and spooky noises. The cartridge versions just has 'bips' instead.

Just wondering is anyone else here has some Famicom games and consoles like the Twin Famicom and or Disk Drive games? Like to hear some one who already has some and see how they play out. :D

I have many Famicom and Famicom Disk games. Sadly my Famicom Disk Drive died and I'm not sure if I'll get another one soon. They're so fragile ! I was in Japan few weeks ago (I really wanted to buy a Twin Famicom). But they weren't cheap, even there. I'm planning to review more and more Famicom Disk games on my site (I have about 80 disks) so keep looking :)

I personnaly love those games, especially DiskCards. The FDS was slightly different than the Famicom. Sound is for instance nicer, some aliens in the FDS version of Metroid make really weird and spooky noises. The cartridge versions just has 'bips' instead.

So far living in NYC I got over 120 Famicom carts but no Disk games untill this year and Im going to get as many as I can I even got the Japanese Guide book Family Computer 1983-1994 it show a full complety list of Famicom games in Carts & Disk Games both in English and Japanese tests. Cuase even its 20 some years late well better late then never :D

post-5587-1149557677_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1149557684_thumb.jpg

I can I even got the Japanese Guide book Family Computer 1983-1994 it show a full complety list of Famicom games in Carts & Disk Games both in English and Japanese tests. Cuase even its 20 some years late well better late then never :D

I have this guide too. It's quite nice and I'm glad it is translated in English (I can read japanese but it takes me FOREVER ). I also saw two other books, and I heared they are much better. But they always go for a big bunch of money so I never managed to get my hands on any of them...

About DiskCards, they can be found for quite cheap on ebay. But do not rush ! some sellers try to sell them for a fortune. If you are patient, you can find nice deals. I do not think I have spent more than $10 for a DiskCard, even for titles like Metroid, Zelda and Doki Doki Panic.

So far living in NYC I got over 120 Famicom carts but no Disk games untill this year and Im going to get as many as I can I even got the Japanese Guide book Family Computer 1983-1994 it show a full complety list of Famicom games in Carts & Disk Games both in English and Japanese tests. Cuase even its 20 some years late well better late then never :D

I got that book on my recent trip to Tokyo and I really like it. The funny English is pretty good too. Today I got the first of 4 boxes I sent back from Japan and there are some Disk System games in it. I think the one in the top two rows are all complete, some in the bottom row are not or have the wring disk. Here's a pic:

tobys002.jpg

y-bot

All the stores around me sold Famicoms so I had a Famicom before I ever had an NES. (Actually it was a pirate Famicom but how was I to know at the time :lol:).

But yeah anyway, I have about 50 or so Famicom carts. You're asking how they play out? Well.. they play like every other Famicom/NES game! :P

Anyway, when the NES came out I sort of went that way and only bought U.S. NES carts after that. I mean.. I can't speak or read jap so it was like a godsend finally getting the stuff in english.

I think I've been at that store. Is that store in Morioka?

*edit* Just noticed someone mentioned Tokyo. I check out these stores too whenever I'm out. I love perusing the second hand stores here like Doki Doki and Off House. I think my best find so far was that Sanyo 3DO I sold on eBay a while back. I noticed the Sega Saturn market kind of dried up here over the last 6 or 8 months. One store always hassles me (sort of) because they think I don't know they are Japanese systems and games. The guys about fainted when I brought all 6 Sega Saturns they had up tp the counter...

Edited by fmctm1sw