IGNORED

Grovers Music Maker Tunes

Tempest

Ok, it's time to settle this once and for all. What are all the tunes in the Grovers Music Maker prototype? So far the following have been identified:

A Old McDonald Had a Farm

B Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

C Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush

D Over the River and Through the Woods

E Hush Little Baby

F The Itsy Bitsy Spider

G My Hat Has Three Corners

H Skip To My Lou

I Three Blind Mice

J Hickory Dickory Dock

K Do You Know the Muffin Man

L A-Tisket, A-Tasket

M Go Tell Aunt Rhodie

N Sur le pont d'Avignon (Over the bridge of Avignon)

O I'm a Little Teapot

P Go In and Out the Window

Q This Old Man

R ?

S ?

T ?

This leaves 4 tunes (P, R, S, and T) unidentified. Over the last year or two I've tried my best to figure out what these tunes could be, but to no avail. Has anyone else had better luck?

Tempest

Hmm, T sounds kind of like "One little, two little, three little indians". http://www.worldfolksong.com/kids/song/tenlittle.htm

A couple of the others sound familiar but I can't quite place them.

Mitch

Yeah that's how I feel. It's like I *almost* recognize it, but not quite. I'll check T when I get home tonight.

Tempest

Hmm, T sounds kind of like "One little, two little, three little indians". http://www.worldfolksong.com/kids/song/tenlittle.htm

A couple of the others sound familiar but I can't quite place them.

Mitch

Yes, I thought it might be that or "There Was An Old Man Named Michael Finnegan" (Same tune), but neither of those songs have the bridge at the end like T does. P and R sound very familiar, but I can't figure them out either. :?

I think the programmer probably made up a few tunes that borrow heavily from other kids tunes, but aren't quite the same. Obviously this bothers Tempest as much as it does me. :ponder: :? :x

Wow, some of those tunes are pretty obscure. I'm not at all familiar with M or N, and I first learned of G in my first year of high school German (reading and singing it in German, of course!) I grew up in Los Angeles county but my mother is from central Pennsylvania, so I have exposure to regional cultural influences from both sides of the North American continent.

I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining tunes are equally obscure. Also, I'll echo the request for an audio file.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually playing this with my daughter over the weekend and we talked about the songs that haven't been identified. She's actually quite good at picking out tunes. I'm a musician and I swear I never knew that Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and the ABC song are the same tune. She figured that out by the age of 4 as well as a few others! I think if anybody can figure these out, it might be her!

I can say two things for sure. 1: Whoever programmed these needed to be taught how to keep a steady tempo (I'm assuming that would've been fixed before the final release). 2: The MP3 codec absolutely kills computer music.

Anyway, here you go. I probably won't keep these up for too long, so grab 'em if you want 'em.

P

R

S

T

I can say two things for sure. 1: Whoever programmed these needed to be taught how to keep a steady tempo (I'm assuming that would've been fixed before the final release). 2: The MP3 codec absolutely kills computer music.

Anyway, here you go. I probably won't keep these up for too long, so grab 'em if you want 'em.

P

R

S

T

P sounds alot like that nursery rhyme "if that mocking bird wont sing moma gonna by you a dimond ring, if that dimond ring dont shine..." i forget the title but i swear thats what P is.

T sounds like micheal finnigan song . flows better to my ears than 1little, 2, little ,3 little indianas

ill go on a limb I am positive tahts what P is i wish i knew the offical title but that is definatly the song

Edited by atari70s

P sounds alot like that nursery rhyme "if that mocking bird wont sing moma gonna by you a dimond ring, if that dimond ring dont shine..." i forget the title but i swear thats what P is.

ill go on a limb I am positive tahts what P is i wish i knew the offical title but that is definatly the song

It's close, but I don't think that's right. The melody is close, but the words don't fit the notes perfectly, and that little part at the end of P is not in the song you're thinking of ("Mockingbird").

It's close, but I don't think that's right. The melody is close, but the words don't fit the notes perfectly, and that little part at the end of P is not in the song you're thinking of ("Mockingbird").

i dont know how close the other songs are to the real thing but figuring the limitations to a 2600 cart i wouldnt put it past them that its there interpitation of that song. ;-) im workin on r,s,t

R = how about this one " I cant afford a carrage , but you look sweet on the seat of a bicycle built for 2"?yet again not perfect but i can see it..... after the first set of low pitches and when it goes to the high pitch to the end it kinda sounds like ti might fit

Edited by atari70s