IGNORED

Who's better: Mario or Lara Croft?

Mario vs. Lara Croft  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better, Mario (think Mario 64) or Lara Croft (think Tomb Raider I)

• Mario
    • Lara
    • Both
    • Neither
    • Wha?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I was really pumped to get Tomb Raider, until I brought it home, got over the graphics, and got frustrated by the pace and structure of the games. Wander into an area, kill everything, climb around pixelated blocks, find the exit, don't fall on the spikes or you get to reload and replay everything (this was better on home computers, obviously).

Mario 64 shattered this mold and was so much more playable and fluid.

To this day, I have my clear preference, and won't touch a Tomb Raider game no matter how much people say it's been improved since 1996.

What do you think?

I think both are quite unique in their own ways and I like them both so my choice is obvious.

Mario in SM64 had a great number of movements and the ease in which you could pull them off was amazing. In Tomb Raider you had to move Lara Croft very carefully and make jumps by the milimiter otherwise you would fall. But TR has great places like Egypt, Peru, Atlantis and Lara travelled those places with such style it's impossible to not like her.

What? No votes for Laura Crotch?

I'm pretty sure most people bought the Tomb Raider games just to see if they could get Lara Naked. The game itself was an OK adventure type game, yeah, adventure. It's not much of a shooter.

The thing I thought sucked most about the game was the controlls. Yeah, the graphics sucked, but back then pretty much any 3D games had sucky graphics. And yes, the Computer version was way better.

But those controlls. Damn, why did you pretty much have to stop moving in order to turn? And the camera wouldn't follow you till half a minute later, so you were alwasy running into things or falling off of something. If the controlls had been as refined as....well, pick another FPS, pretty much all of them were better....then the game would have been 1000% better.

Now Mario, yeah people may have been turned away because it's kinda kiddie, but so what? Kiddie games useually are designed for easy play in mind. You never had to fight the controlls on Mario in order to get him to do something. And being a big fat dude with a mustach, so most people weren't worried about how they could get him naked.

Mario was better...but hell, he's a lot older and has had more experiance in the game relm too :P

Apples are better than oranges.

It's true. You can eat an apple without getting sticky fingers. You can eat an apple while driving. You can eat an apple without worrying about biting into seeds.

Melons are always better then apples or oranges.

Melons are great. The bigger the better. I like em juicy.

It's true. You can eat an apple without getting sticky fingers. You can eat an apple while driving. You can eat an apple without worrying about biting into seeds.

I always like a good honeydew ,myself. especailly a nice juicy one. Ya know the type when you have a bit and you get juice all over your mouth. YUM :D

I don't understand the question...What is being asked here?

Better in the way they control?

Better in the way they look?

Better in what they have to do to get to the end of the adventure?

Better in what they put back in their local community?

And why do I have to compare specific games? Are we comparing Super Mario 64 with the Tomb Raider 2 game? Or just the "star" of the game? Also why can't I think Tomb Raider Legends or Donkey Kong Jr. (I'd say Mario was pretty damn mean in that game)

Sorry. Too many questions pending for me to make an accurate response at this time.

Especially Lara Croft's! :rolling:

I don't understand the question...What is being asked here?

Better in the way they control?

Better in the way they look?

Better in what they have to do to get to the end of the adventure?

Better in what they put back in their local community?

And why do I have to compare specific games? Are we comparing Super Mario 64 with the Tomb Raider 2 game? Or just the "star" of the game? Also why can't I think Tomb Raider Legends or Donkey Kong Jr. (I'd say Mario was pretty damn mean in that game)

Sorry. Too many questions pending for me to make an accurate response at this time.

Sounds like you should pick the 4th option. :D

Since you said Mario 64, I went with tomb raider. I hated mario 64. 2-D platformers should NEVER go #D. Just about any other mario game would have won out though, as I really don't much care for tomb raider either.

I always like a good honeydew ,myself. especailly a nice juicy one. Ya know the type when you have a bit and you get juice all over your mouth. YUM :D

I liked them when I was younger, but now a days I like them firm and dry.

Maybe with a little bit of juice.

I liked them when I was younger, but now a days I like them firm and dry.

Maybe with a little bit of juice.

blushing.gif

Wow you really don't understand how bad something is, you just said, until after you read it several times.

sick.gif

I haven't been interested in Ms. Croft since the first game. However, anyone played the latest Tomb Raider - legends? Hot Damn, that's a fine bit of adventuring. I could have done without all the chat with her PC friends over the radio, but otherwise a real class act.

So, given that both characters have been dragged through the mire since their glory days and are both only now recieving decent games (New SMB and TR: Legends respectively), I'd say a draw.

Mario:

post-6060-1149192820_thumb.jpg

Lara Croft:

post-6060-1149192832_thumb.jpg

Seriously, was there ever any doubt?

:P

That proves it. Mario's nothing in comparison. And Laura's just the shit to be scraped off somebody's shoe. Everybody seems to have forgotten that Luigi is the real master here.