IGNORED

Jaguar Fighting Game?

calfranklin

Ultra Vortek

I second that.

Shawn, are your avatars your favorite Canadians?

No just stupid fun :). Alot of people found my shatner\trebek pic a little over the top so I changed it to a more tastful pic of just trebek. I think I'm changing it soon to TJ Hooker though...lol..

I have Dragon, Ultra Vortek, and Kusami Ninja, Ultra Vortek is the best of the 3, but like what has already been said, thats not saying much. All 3 are pretty crappy games and other than Dragon, UV and KN are just Mortal Kombat rip offs and very bad rip offs. Dragon is just horrible period, very hard, very frustrating.

Ultra Vortek is the best but Dragon is really cool (ignore Jagfan he is anything but) with real moves and requires alot of skill too. Primal Rage on CD is an arcade perfect conversion and as for the others - Kasumi Ninja is good for the daeth moves, Double Dragon 5 is just plain terrible, Fight For Life is an ok Virtua Fighter clone and apart from them there isn't much else, lets hope somebody finds MK3 or Thea realm Fighters gets released.

Agree w/ what has been said...Double Dragon 5 is a very weak rip off of Street Fighter 2 using DD charactors and is an exactact clone of the (SNES/Genesis) version, Dragon is OK only if you love very long fights and learning to do almost impossible moves by memorizing the controller and killing your hand the fights are very long and you must customize the game before you start to not hate it(again a SNES clone)

Kasaumi Ninja is frustrating a (Frustrating slow clone of Mortal Kombat 1) if you buy it you need to go to Atari Age to learn the moves because the book will not tell you, You will hate the charactors because the programers were going for a weird spoof for a clone (they have blood more blood then any other game and it stays on the ground the whole time that you play) They have all your standard characters but then they add a fat guy and a guy that shoots fire out of his skirt. The thing that makes me hate this game is that you start each round walking around a 3d room to pick your player but you can only play the characters that you have beat making it not fun for me because I do not want to go through 2 or 3 hours to beat this game just to play all the characters. It does have 1 cool feature when the game starts the title screen has a bad imitation of a chineese guy saying CASOOMIE NIGAW. Also if you buy it new you get a head band.

Ultra Vortex is a prety good rip off of (N64's Killer Instinct) Graphics are 64 bit looking and the game moves at a reasonable speed, their is 1 complaint from the only other guy in TN that owns a Jag and that is that you cannot block I though the game was good but he hated it and threw down the controller.

Primal Rage (JagCD) other than loading time this is arcade perfect for this game you need the prostick, I liked it but Primal Rage is just a MK clone w/ Dinos It was great in the day but it has not aged well either

My List..

#1 Primal Rage

#2 Ultra Vortex

#3 Fight For Life (never played it but at least the graphics look 3D and 64 bit so I won't have to explain to anyone where I got that weird controller for my Genesis.)

# 4 Kausami Ninja (I do hate this game but the 2 player mode is OK and I actualy play it more than most my Jag games not to have fun but always wondering maybe I was to hard on that game maybe it is good)

#5 Double Dragon 5 if you want fighting game no story and you never played the 1st 4 DD's then maybe you won't hate this game to much

#6 Dragon (I wanted to like this game but while it is not bad in story mode and is an OK game rated w/ other fighters for the Jag it will come out last because 2 player fighting mode the fights take to long to be fun

The jag by the fighting games made just was not a fighting game system looking at amount of games made I would call it a shooter/ Bad 3d Flight games system...but Ultra Vortex showed Jag could of been a Fighting game system the way Raymond and even Zool2 showed jag could of been a Platform game system.

But an incomplete version of Conan and MK3 are out their somewhere so their is still hope

Ultra Vortek is NOT 64 bit looking, it looks worse than Mortal Kombat II on SNES.

Of all the games though, i have the most fun with Ultra vortek, but even then i only play to the levels with the "pits" and then quit.

And yes, Dragon is terrible.

Edited by JagFan422

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a very new Atari Jaguar owner. Can someone recommend a good fighting (martial arts, etc) game for this platform?

Since someone (called peter) doesnt want me to have a free speech. go what the others say and dont try out double dragon V. wheter you would like the game or not. dont try it. even if you see it for a 1 dollar price. dont buy it. its the worst fighting game for the atari jaguar (according to some people here :roll: )

Edited by Dragonforce-Europe

And only for the Atari Jaguar, f eveyry System it has been released. Ultra Vortek is the best fighting on Jaguar (and it does look much better than MKII on SNES) it has just been finish to quickly... like the most of the jaguar games. :(

I really appreciate all the comments made about my topic concerning "fighting game for the Jaguar." I presently own and play with my younger teenager (who is also an avid fan of sport titles on his X-box) the Dragon game. Boy, did he whip my fannie the other evening on that game. :( I also agree with the input that we must allow everyone the freedom to express their views, pro or con on Jaguar-related topics. I have learned alot from both sides of the spectrum! I may have to check out Double Dragon V and Ultra Vortek for myself someday.

I'm a very new Atari Jaguar owner. Can someone recommend a good fighting (martial arts, etc) game for this platform?

Since someone (called peter) doesnt want me to have a free speech. go what the others say and dont try out double dragon V. wheter you would like the game or not. dont try it. even if you see it for a 1 dollar price. dont buy it. its the worst fighting game for the atari jaguar (according to some people here :roll: )

:roll:

I'd have to say that the best Jaguar fighting games take place in Jaguar forums for some reason. :ponder:

:P

Yup, I give Al a lot of credit for being so patient, if it was up to me, I would have deleted the Jaguar forum a loooong time ago.

Fighting games were never the Jags strong suit, but of the ones that did grace the console I think Primal Rage, Dragon, and Ultra Vortek are the best (which isn't saying much). Dragon is actually one of my favorite Jag games (Yeah I know I'm in the minority), not only for the playability (no slow down), but because it has an interesting back story. PR is alright, but has some nasty load time and UV is playable but hardly 64 bit looking.

Fight For Life is interesting, but not very playable (although the beta is much better), and KN is just average at best. DDV? Dear god no...

Tempest