IGNORED

Diablo-look a like possible on A8?

no... actually its a 4x4 tile with an exta char=2 on top... so PGs gfx definitly is not in sync with the raster... but its ok for testing right now...

4000 PROC PUTITEM
4020   IF VAL=10
4021	 POKE AD,5:POKE AD+1,6:POKE AD+2,2
4022	 POKE AD+256,9:POKE AD+257,10:POKE AD+258,5:POKE AD+259,6
4023	 POKE AD+512,16:POKE AD+513,17:POKE AD+514,9:POKE AD+515,10
4024	 POKE AD+768,22:POKE AD+769,22:POKE AD+770,16:POKE AD+771,23
4025	 POKE AD-256,2
4029   ENDIF 
4499 ENDPROC 

my last test for tonight...

the stairs...

as i have realised you really have to treat each type of tile separatly and have a finisher running over the whole generated map...

attachted as well the gr.11 map which was used to generate the map... it could in theory hold 16 different tile types...

post-528-1151614512_thumb.png

post-528-1151614522_thumb.png

Looks good heaven.

I have generated a mapper for the game server on the PC. This will take the random dungeons and map to the characters it will send to the Atari. The character map data will be on the Atari. This is not ISO-3d, but that was not the look I was going for (besides it is easier... :) )

Here is an example random map:

###############################
###.##.###########.############
###.##.###########.############
###.##.......##..........######
###.########.###########.######
###.#####....###########.######
###.#####.##############.######
###.#####.##############.######
###.##..........########.######
###.###########.########.######
###.###########.########.######
###.########....#####....######
###....#####.###########....###
######.#####.##############.###
######.......##############.###
############.##############.###
############.##############.###
######.......##############.###
######.#####.###########....###
######.#####.###########.######
######.#####.###########.######
######.......##..........######
############.##.###############
############.##.###############
############....###############
############.##################
############.##################
############D##################
####				###########
####				###########
####				###########
####				###########
####				###########
####				###.......#
####		  w	 ###.#######
####				###.#######
####		 l	  D.........#
####				###.##.####
####				###.##.####
####				###....####
....				######.####
####				######.####
####				######....#
####				###########
######				#########
######				#########
######				#########
######   l			#########
######				#########
######   w			#########
######				#########
######				#########
######				#########
######				#########
######t			   #########
######				#########
#########.#####################
###############################

And part of that map as it will look on the atari:

post-4398-1151789292_thumb.png

cool stuff...

any idea how you can adapt quick & dirty the dungeon creator for iso? i mean the perl script to draw the map in 45 degree rotated? then my mapper could scan it and do the conversion more easy...

Yup, working on it... just wait...

i am just playing dungeon siege 1 which i like more than dungeon siege 2... i like the interface little bit (except for the camera moving...should be like in world of warcraft...) and the flow... but i was wondering that you can not develope your character by adding the attributes... but i like the idea by improving your character when he is using short range or long range or magic weapons... this is what i like...

but i would like to let the player improve own stats after each level up. what do you think?

Here is the output from my first attempt at making the ISO version. The halls actually take little extra math. Drawing the rooms, currently takes twice as much time. But, I think I will have a fix for that. The door placement and boundaries will have to be fixed, but no big deal...

I have a question. Do you want the halls to be a single character width and have the mapper extend the walls around the halls. This I think will be faster.

post-4398-1151863797_thumb.png

thanks for that... my plan is to draw the map into gr.11 so each pixel (or nibble of you want (4bit)) will hold the tile type. so the mapper will extend the halls to the desired width as i dont know yet how big the halls will be and what kind of problems may accure...

as the mapper might get more complicated... would it be possible to write the stuff f.e. in cc65 and i could mix it up with my code? f.e. i simply could do a JSR levelgenerator and then take the generated map for the engine?

would a cc65 code need a runtime or too much memory?

thanks for that... my plan is to draw the map into gr.11 so each pixel (or nibble of you want (4bit)) will hold the tile type. so the mapper will extend the halls to the desired width as i dont know yet how big the halls will be and what kind of problems may accure...

as the mapper might get more complicated... would it be possible to write the stuff f.e. in cc65 and i could mix it up with my code? f.e. i simply could do a JSR levelgenerator and then take the generated map for the engine?

would a cc65 code need a runtime or too much memory?

Don't know yet about the size. But I can code it in cc65 and see. That is, after I fix a few things with the perl for ISO. I have mixed C and Assembly before without too much problem... just need to do the JSR to the right location.

I'll let you know when I have the C version compiled and working for outputting gr.11 bitmaps to some memory location...

Edited by Cybernoid

Yeah, sorry... the rest of the CC65 is missing... this is just the function, you would need the atari library and main()...

I can put this all together later this week...

I use C for most things on the Atari, then speed it up or shrink the code with assembly where needed... saves eons of time...

post-4398-1151871104_thumb.png

Fixed the dungeon generator for ISO. Now to port it to CC65 to see how much memory it will take up. Can always strip pieces out and make it assembly...

It should be possible to create the dungeon for non-ISO and then simply rotate it by 45 deg.

Fixed the dungeon generator for ISO. Now to port it to CC65 to see how much memory it will take up. Can always strip pieces out and make it assembly...

It should be possible to create the dungeon for non-ISO and then simply rotate it by 45 deg.

Yeah, but there were just a few changes in the math to draw the boxes and the paths on an axis that was 45 degrees rotated to begin with. So, it is easy to do this all in one step. Plus, the boundaries of your memory are aligned correctly.

Heaven,

Here is the full Atari executable and source code. I used the same map size as the example text output (128x64) or an 8K map. It takes the Atari about 5 secs to generate...

It does not print out the dungeon yet... but I will make it do a bitmap in GR11 after generating the display list.

dungeon.zip

There are definitely some optimizations that can be done on the code to make it go faster...

Edited by Cybernoid