IGNORED

Repair Sears Video Arcade II Controller?

chaoticjelly

Hey,

I picked one of these up yesterday, a Sears Video Arcade II Controller

The left direction wasnt working so I opened it up and tried to get to the point inside where the plastic presses on to make the connection, it all looked ok so I realigned it and then tried to put the bendy bit of metal and 2 plastic fire buttons back on.

But now I have another problem, I can not for the life of me figure out how the bendy bit of metal, with a hook on either end fits onto the fire buttons.. obviously when one of the fire buttons is pressed the metal bends and presses the button on the PCB, ive tried putting the bendy metal bit in all different ways but no joy..

Anyone have any ideas as to how it goes in properly? :sad:

OK, I'll do my best to describe this, I can't get a good picture of it.

Inside each of the buttons you see a little post, each eye of the spring goes on those posts and the spring arches on top of the circuit board, with the top of the arch facing the top of the controller. I found it easiest put the spring on the buttons first and slip the legs of the buttons under the board and set everything together at one time.

Edited by elliott