IGNORED

Anyone have Metroid Pinball DS? COmments?

Anyone have Metroid Pinball for the DS? I had Mario Pinball land (GBA) and I sold it because it got sort of old... but I always liked the oldschool

pinball games on the Turbografx (Alien/devil crush) and the AMiga (Pinball Fantasies) so I was thinking of picking this game, especially since it comes with a rumble pack and it will be nice to have for Metroid Prime which I want to get at the same time, so anyone have Metroid Pinball care to comment?

thanx....

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

I have the game. It's pinball with the same perspective as Mario Pinball Land, though I never owned that particular game... just saw demos. But you get a better view of the table thanks to the two screens.

The only thing you might not find appealing is the fact that the game features only two "true" pinball tables, but it also has a handful of "boss" tables as well where you fight the bosses of the game. Overall, though, the two full-featured tables are plenty fun and full of variety and mini-games. So it's not that big a drawback unless you feel that video pinball games should include a stack full of tables.

Overall, the gameplay is great and controls are top-notch. It's easy to pick up and start playing right away. If you like Metroid or pinball, then you'll probably want to pick this title up. I really enjoyed it. :)

It's quite nice! The computer rendered graphics are on par with the polygonal visuals in Metroid Prime for the GameCube, and the game plays really well, with only a few stages but plenty of objectives in each of them. It's not the best video pinball game ever created (that honor still goes to Dragon's Fury/Devil Crush), but it's definitely in the top ten.

JR

I can only chime in with a happy 'me too' here. I have it. I like it. I leave the rumble pack out. Mind you, I'm not a conneseur of video pinball, but I know what I like. Metriod Pinball is generally solid video pinball fare with minigames. I'm not that good so I haven't seen said boss fights. :-/

Hex.

[ An error has occured... want to nuke the planet from space? Just to be sure? ]

Thanks for the replies guys!! I guess it is pretty good. I found Mario Pinball Land to

get really repetitive after a while, but from the videos Ive seen and what you 3 say

it sounds like Metroid PB is much better. I am partly getting it for the rumble pack

too, since I want to get Metroid Hunters for the DS at the same time and I understand

it uses the rumble too.

I'm wondering why hex65000 leave's the rumble pack out? Has anyone used it with

Metroid Prime? Is it well emplemented in that game too?

thanks a million!

The rumble pack works fairly well, but it drains the battery more quickly and makes a funny whirring noise whenever it's activated. It doesn't add that much to the gameplay, mostly because the kick of the vibration just isn't strong enough.

JR

As a hardcore Metroid fan, I have been considering getting this for a while. I just can't hack paying $35 for it though!

I really should play more Hunters first, I suppose. It's well-done, but it just didn't suck me in the way the two 'Cube MP games did. (That, and I've been playing through the GBA Castlevania games -- and now Dawn of Sorrow. And of course, NSMB.)

Needless to say... I am VERY happy with the DS. It's the only system I've touched since I got it! (And I have several good 'Cube and XBOX games still waiting for me...)

Metroid Pinball has great ball physics and precise control. It's very easy to hit the correct ramps and other targets with only a little practice. Excellent game all around with plenty of missions to keep you busy. I especially like how the DS allows for a non-scrolling playfield, this is a welcome change to video pinball.

The rumble pack works fairly well, but it drains the battery more quickly and makes a funny whirring noise whenever it's activated. It doesn't add that much to the gameplay, mostly because the kick of the vibration just isn't strong enough.

JR

Actually to me, in Metroid Prime Pinball the rumble pack does add some to the game. Hardly as jolting as console controllers that rumble, the rumble pack for the DS does gives you a slight "kick" that you'd normally feel holding to a real pinball machine, more or less. And too, the sound that the rumbler makes itself sounds like some kind of sound effect from a pinball machine.

The effect in Metroid Prime Hunters, however, is less so, but still a nice feature to have. But in either case, yes... it'll eat your battery life a little more quickly than normal.

man, this is one of my fave ds games and one of my fave pin games of all time. it gets it all right. not as good as the original amiga pinball dreams, but i doubt anything ever will be :-) its a strong second, tho. (as far as the rumble goes, I found it to be non intrusive and really help with the immersion.)

Good? Yes. Kind of gets boring to me though. It's definitely not better than the king.. GBC Pokemon Pinball! :P

Am I the ONLY person on the planet that thinks Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire positively wrecks the first one? I can NOT go back to it now.

man, this is one of my fave ds games and one of my fave pin games of all time. it gets it all right. not as good as the original amiga pinball dreams, but i doubt anything ever will be :-) its a strong second, tho. (as far as the rumble goes, I found it to be non intrusive and really help with the immersion.)

every pinball game I play I subconsciously compare to Pinball Dreams and Pinball

Illusions on the Amiga. I should probably just break out the Amiga and or UAE and

play the original!!!

Yeah great game and from my perpsective the Rumble Pak works well with all games it's compatible with, Super Princess Peach included.

I was really amazed that they were able to weave Metroid Prime with pinball so well. It's really quite a cool telling of "What if the original Metroid Prime took place on a pinball table"

Looks like I'll have to add this game to my list of DS titles to check out. I'm a huge pinball fan, but haven't been satisfied with most video pinball offerings. The dual-screen nature of the DS definitely brings something new to the table, though. The rumble pack feature also sounds interesting and should definitely add to a pinball simulation.

..Al