IGNORED

ExtremeG-2 N64

taylorcomm picked this up as a part of an N64 bundle a few weeks ago, and we put it in to test it and within a few minutes I was hooked!

This is a sweet racing/battle game for the N64. Good graphics (if you ignore the awful people) and fast fast fast challenging tracks. Up until now I knew of few racing games for the n64 that were worth the price of their plastic casing, but this one is a winner.

Am I the only XG-2 fan alive? Is the first game as good as this one?

I bought XG-2 many moons ago when I first fell in love. To this day, I have that same cart, and I have never played it.

I played extreme G senseless, but I think wipEout 64 is probably a tad bit better. wipEout is usually in the discount bargain bin.

I've heard nothing bad about XG-2, and I've heard lots of praise for extreme G.

If you like this, try wipEout 64 and Star Wars Episode I: Racer. Make sure to take the Sega version of Racer for a spin in the arcade if you see it--it is worth the $1 to play it.

XG2 is indeed an awesome game. I love the Effects and sound change when you break the sound barrier. That was awesome the first time I pulled that off.

XG 1 is the same type of game, it's great too, not quiet as pretty as XG2, but that's to be expected. It's still a blast to play though.

I always wanted to get Xtreme G 3, but it was only on Playstation 2, and I didn't have one at the time, and now I can't find the game.

XG1 and 2 are awesome....i played it when it first came out and i got hooked on it....although i didnt know that there was a third one.....TIME TO GO TO THE GAME STORES!!!

Cool, just remember, to my knowledge, XG3 was only on the Playstation 2 console.

I thinkI have two different installments of XG for the Gamecube too. Not implying that they are any better or worse, just presenting options.

I found Wipeout 64 to be insanely hard honestly, and Fusion was at least possible to get through a couple of tracks before getting outright killed.

Hex.

[ More of a hostile driver than a racer unfortunately... ]

Wow!

Its funny, because although I bought this way back for ther N64 (First version), I never got around to playing it. Then, just before the New Year, I picked it up for PS2 and only just started playing.

If you like Wipeout (and to be honest, the older PS1 titles are best) than you will love ExtremeG for PS2. Its speed is amazing, and once you get to grips with the G's :) you'll be playing this one for a long time.

Now, anybody recommend F-Zero on the Gamecube or is that a stupid question :lust:

Karl