IGNORED

who thinks this is a good idea

rubixcube

Hey man, I know you're new so I'll go easy on you... but before long someone's going to come along and give you the standard spiel about how there are more ideas than homebrew programmers know what to do with, and they don't need any more.

Sorry... it's become a fairly common occurrence around here that someone who has ideas (often genuinely good ones) but no programming skills appears out of nowhere pushing for the homebrewers to do something with their ideas.

It's a good idea to look around for a while (there's a TON of stuff on this site, even beyond the hundreds of thousands of posts in the forums) before posting too much.

where do i get started :?: ive never made an aplication file before

is there a program that helps you create .exe aplication files?

If it's in regards to the 2600's Pac-Man, I'm afraid that it's a bit more complicated than you might think (because some parts of the maze such as the center box are created within seperate display kernal routines, rather than just be data from a table). In addition, the original maze is really just a small portion of the visible screen (which is mirrored, and then repeated 4 times). The playfield gfx is also not used to determine available movement directions for the player and ghosts...these "rules" must be edited seperately. I recommend that you first take a look at Debro's commented disassembly to see how the original maze was constructed. Or if more space is needed to try to implement more generic data, you could use the bankswitched version I made.

An editor based on Ms. Pacman would be much easier by comparison (it allows more generic kernal routines to be used...and reads it's mazes and "movement rules" from straightforward tables in rom).

Edited by Nukey Shay