IGNORED

Intellivision Donkey Kong: Worst game ever?

I think that when people state that the CV version is so great, they are comparing it to the major competition of the time, the Atari 2600 and the Mattel Intellivision ports. In that instance, yes the CV version is amazing but not a perfect translation of the arcade original in any right. There were definately better versions on lesser known consoles and/or home computers though. The ADAM version, while graphically identical to the CV version, is closer in gameplay to the arcade version due to the extra storage space allowed on the Data Packs vs. that of a cartridge. The ADAM version includes animations, cut scenes, springboards, and a super sweet high score save feature. I've got a few copies each of some of the ADAM supergame packs and it's hilarious to see that high scores are still saved on them some 25 years later. Especially the ones where the crafty children entered swear words as their names!

Do you have a dsk version of Donkey Kong for the Adam? That file is impossible to find.

I think a better description is "stripped" as opposed to being worst. I bought that game when i was a kid and remember talking with my friends saying that they (Coleco) probably made it worse to make their CV version look that much more stunning. I thought at the time the Atari version was horrible too.

I say stripped because they could of easily had another level instead of the two. There was also no background music and cut scenes as well.

On the plus side i always like the "flow" that hte mario character had. It seemed easier to time the running and jumping compared to other systems i played.

One of the things i didn't like about the Coleco games for Intellivision in general was that their boxes were more simplistic. THey squished easer because they didn't have the extra layer for folding out. They also didn't include overlays which all Intellivision games had even if they didn't really need it.

Yeah but intellivision has that DK clone Beauty and the Beast put out by Imagic. That game rocks!!!
I'll second that - I love Beauty and the Beast. Then again, I also enjoyed playing DK on the Inty when I was a kid, though for some reason I don't have that cart anymore. I don't think it's the worst game ever, though, Airlock takes that cake. *shudders*

The new(ish?) homebrew DK for the Intellivision is awesome, though. About as close to arcade-perfect as you can imagine on an Inty (not sure if it's been released yet, I played it at CGE 2k7).