IGNORED

Limited Edition of "A-VCS-tec Challenge"

Simon

Hello,

the release of the limited edition of the new 2600 game "A-VCS-tec Challenge" is near... finally. :)

Please visit http://www.quernhorst.de/atari/ac.html for more information about the release and photos of the produced items.

The current site announces the release date July, 1st 2006. From that date on the ordering is possible and copies are reserved in the order of received emails.

After the limited edition is sold, the unlimited edition (cart and manual) will supply as many copies as requested.

accompl.jpg

Best regards,

Simon

Hello,

thanks to everybody for the kind words. :)

BTW: if anyone's curious why only 55 copies of the limited edition are produced: it's because of the soundtrack CD - the authors of the tracks let me use their musics for free if not more than 50 copies are produced. We negotiated to 55 copies then.

Looks very nice. Costly to the USA thou 46.58 shipping and 69.23 for the product.

$115.81 total.

15.10 if you go uninsured. ($84.33 total)

is the extra money for the shipping worth it?

Well, I don't know if it's worth it for you, but I don't have any influence on the postage prices. Sorry.

The strong Euro conversion rate makes purchases in US$ quite expensive at the moment... but unfortunately I don't have any influence here too.

Best regards,

Simon

Well, I don't know if it's worth it for you, but I don't have any influence on the postage prices. Sorry.

The strong Euro conversion rate makes purchases in US$ quite expensive at the moment... but unfortunately I don't have any influence here too.

Best regards,

Simon

Would the shipping be easier and considerably cheaper if they were sent in bulk?

I ask because then maybe it would be more economical for the purchasers to send the carts to one US location (a central hub if you will...Like maybe Texas) and then from there they could be shipped out to the US buyers?

Hello,

Would the shipping be easier and considerably cheaper if they were sent in bulk?

I ask because then maybe it would be more economical for the purchasers to send the carts to one US location (a central hub if you will...Like maybe Texas) and then from there they could be shipped out to the US buyers?

No sorry, this option is not that good because of these facts:

- I would have to wait for every single payment in advance before sending the whole package. This means that fast payers would still have to wait for all the others to pay before the parcel is dispatched.

- Sending big/heavy parcels also raises the interest of the customs and may result in additional costs and bureaucratic hassle.

- The main contact (like maybe Texas :)) would have to ship the individual items within US which means double postage and double package work.

It all worked well for my past releases as individual shipments to anywhere in the world and so I'm sure that it will work this time, too.

So far all the uninsured letters at cheap rates reached their destinations, but it's your decision of course.

Best regards,

Simon

Hello,

Any idea what the cost US$ for the cart and instruction manual will be?

The unlimited run will be available through the stores of AtariAge.com and PackratVG.com. The price will be the same as comparable 8kb carts with manual from these stores.

The unlimited run will be available as soon as all limited copies are sold out, because the collectors spending the money for the limited edition should be able to own and play the game first.

Everyone is free to spent the money for whatever he likes. One wants to get all the bonus items, the other just wants the cart. One prefers new games, the other prefers hacks for example. I know that the price is not cheap, especially because of the currency conversion rate. The limited edition consists of items which weren't cheap too produce. My programming work is not paid. I think that the price equals the price of other comparable homebrew special editions from the past...

Best regards,

Simon

BTW: I'm on vacation from june 16 to 30, so I can't post or answer mails within this period.

It all worked well for my past releases as individual shipments to anywhere in the world and so I'm sure that it will work this time, too.

No, it didn't. I brought up my beef with you in private, many many moons ago, it got me nowhere. Remember?

Vielleicht soll Ich das nochmal in Deutsch versuchen?

Maybe not.

I think his suggestion is very good, although, I guess this time you made sure not to attempt to make a cardboard box.

No, it didn't. I brought up my beef with you in private, many many moons ago, it got me nowhere. Remember?

I shipped the game just as you paid it (uninsured letter). If I remember correct the parcel was handed roughly by the post and the box inside didn't appear in perfect condition at your home.

I also promised to change the box as soon as all MK-copies were sold out and I knew if a perfect box would be left available for swapping. Even if not all copies are sold (three are still left), I would have offered you to swap the box when I would have gotten your order for the new game. I need the old box back before replacing it (to make sure that no more than 100 boxes are out there).

Beef? Well done please.

• 3 weeks later...