IGNORED

Nibbly for Atari...

Sikor

Nifty game with catchy music.

The music is really good.... but, It's no wonder .... it's originally a SID.

It's somehow ridiculous that an emulation sounds better than direct programmed music on the ATARI.

Someone really should build a tracker around this "emulation".

TeBe and Vidol from Poland finished "Nibbly" - an extendent commodore C64 game (now are 100 levels), with sid2pokey ...

Wow, very very nice game..on both machines!! :D

I am curious what's coming next, hehe

best!

-/\/\artin

p.s.

Damn! - still 98 Levels to go ;)

Again, a great conversion for Atari 8bit computers.... great gfx and sfx...

I've played the C64 version and there is a bug in the atari version:

When the worm reach his own back, in the C64 version just could happens because the back moves at the same time, in the Atari version this action ends in a collision... grrr.... :x

Im playing in Level 14... very funny

When the worm reach his own back, in the C64 version just could happens because the back moves at the same time, in the Atari version this action ends in a collision... grrr.... :x

Yes.... this bug is not funny. Some early levels are are harder to solve with this bug than much higher levels.

Btw: Level 100 is the "hardest" ;-)

• 4 years later...

Very nice!

Probably a silly question, but I know nothing about music, and little about SID and Pokey. So, is it possible to do a "machine translation" SID to Pokey (or vice-versa) which might well need much tweaking, but at least would take care of part of the work?

-Larry

TeBe and Vidol from Poland finished "Nibbly" - an extendent commodore C64 game (now are 100 levels), with sid2pokey rountains by Saint. You can download it from here: http://atari8.info/stuff/nibbly_final.zip .

Attention!!!

Best effects are in PAL computers, but game working with NTSC mashines too!!!

its interessting that a lot of guys (me either) are not satisfied with demo-coding anybore but in coding games... which is imho far more challenging... ;)

yeah this is one of the things that originally turned me off to the Amiga... but eventually i did go to Amiga over ST, but with all these 'demo's' there is no point in demonstrating the machines capabilities if there is nothing to do with it once you have one... its seems demo's are nothing more then modern art works, designed to look and sound good...

but it seems writing games would have been a much better situation, even if it has poor play but excellent gfx and snd... had these 'demo coders' put their highly skilled and intelligent minds to making usable software, i think the Amiga (and ST, and others) would have had a longer useful and popular lifespan...

NOTE: for people who dont want to read the rant above, i said 'Heaven you hit the nail on the head' ;')

off to play nibbly

sloopy.

Nibbly has won the vote and is now being played in the High Score Club here on atariage.

New players welcome icon_smile.gif

No high scores for me, but I did get to the 6th level, but not passed it yet. Is there a list of level codes for this game anywhere to be found. Any hints on how to keep the tail shorter. My joystick keeps going one step beyond my entended turn point.

Nibbly has won the vote and is now being played in the High Score Club here on atariage.

...Any hints on how to keep the tail shorter. My joystick keeps going one step beyond my entended turn point.

Don't eat the dots! Controls are pretty accurate on my 130XE so don't know if you are using an emulator? Tapping the joystick moves 1 space, but even at speed control is good. If you want better hint's checkout the HSC posts ;)

• 2 weeks later...

No high scores for me, but I did get to the 6th level, but not passed it yet. Is there a list of level codes for this game anywhere to be found. Any hints on how to keep the tail shorter. My joystick keeps going one step beyond my entended turn point.

i have completed all 100 levels, if you ask after HSC (Sept 10th) is over i will msg them...

sloopy.

i have completed all 100 levels, if you ask after HSC (Sept 10th) is over i will msg them...

sloopy.

I think the tail growing formula is: 0 units if you traverse a empty space and 0.5 units for every dot-occupied spot.

Yes.... this bug is not funny. Some early levels are are harder to solve with this bug than much higher levels.

Btw: Level 100 is the "hardest" ;-)

Level 100 is one of the easiest. So that may have been a joke. Also, as I was playing this game, my daughter was writing down the codes so there's a snapshot of that.

post-12094-128431668638_thumb.jpg

post-12094-128431673202_thumb.jpg