IGNORED

If you had $500, what video game stuff would you get?

KAZ

Like if you had $500 that you had to spend on home video game stuff (not including arcade cabinets), what would you spend it on? It could be anything classic or modern, from Pong to the XBOX, it could be all games, and no systems, or all systems and no games, or a combination. Maybe one really rare game, or a bunch of common ones, etc.

Or it could be video game posters, or magazines, or even I suppose video game chairs...

I kinda want to assess people's priorities hypothetically if they had $500 they had to spend on the stuff.

I cannot accept video game cereal or canned goods :P

Well they can vary from $2 to $75 , but getting $2 games on ebay is a test of patience and finding the ones i have left to get in the wild is very very hard

i still need a few commons and alot of the rarer 3DO games

Woody Woodpecker and friends vol. 2 & 3 i have never seen yet anywhere but i do have vol. 1 and Sherlock Holmes is another i havent seen in ages OH and the game ISIS ive only seen once on Ebay and that game is on the top of my want list right now

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

hmm.... I'd probably get my 5200 controllers rebuilt.....I'd get more games for my 5200..... get more games for my 2600(assuming it would work when the power supply I bought gets here)..... maybe get an SMS since I don't have one yet....

If I were to spend it all on new stuff I'd get a Game Cube...and some games for it... some Sonic games for it for sure(are there any out yet? I really havn't been following it that much)

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: SuperPsycho ]

If I had $500 I'd blow it all on hats. No, seriously I'd probably look for anything that was to the effect of the original pong. I don't know what kinds of pong systems there were or if pong was a whole system in it's own with no interchangable cartridges. But I'd want something that was legitimately pong.

I'd buy back all of the stuff I foolishly traded,gave away and threw out over the years.

Top3!

1. A Vextrex system... I traded mine for a Jaguar game back before I had internet access!

How freakin' stupid was that!!!! ooh the game was Power Drive Rally...

2. A knee high stack of Electronic Games from the early 80's. Why oh why did I trash them!!!!!???????

I thought video gamming was a fad.. As soon as I got my shiny new ST computer.. I said to myself " these kiddy video game magazine are of no use to me, I own a personal computer now!" In the dumpster they went!!

I could just kill myself!!!!! aaahhhhhhhhh

3. My first collection of a 2600jr including about 40+ games... I tossed these away when i moved in the early 90's.. including many of them boxed...I've gotten many of them back...but cart only....aaaahhhhh

I will never throw out any video game releated thhing again!!!!

[ 06-03-2002: Message edited by: Zeptari ]

My roommate realy wants Radiant Silvergun for Sega Saturn, so I'd probably grab that. It runs about $200 on ebay.

I'd probably pick up Arc the Lad and Lunar 2 just to have it on my shelf next to Grandia I & II and my Lunar box. That's gonna run me another $110.

I'd go ahead and get my Game Cube. $150

That leaves me $40 to get Super Monkey Ball.

Depending on where I bought the things it would raise or lower the price, but here is what I would go for--

1. A Atari 5200 system so I can make hardware for it

2. All the Atari Repair Manuals (2600, 5200, 7800(Surely there is something somewhere for the 7800))

3. Test carts and repair tools for the Atari systems

4. EPROM burner so I could offer game publishing 1 game at a time

5. A ticket to visit O'Shea's underground warehouse full of shrink-wrapped Atari goods

I guess I lied.....

Tonite I picked up:

19" TV (For my computer desk) - $170

XBox - $200

Small XBox Controller - $20

Halo - $45

Burnout - $40

Shenmue (for Dreamcast) - $20

Total = $495 before tax

Plus I'm high bidder on 3 things on ebay totalling ~$80.

I just spent roughly US$500 on stuff today, so here's the list;

USB Scanner (just to get that out of the way)

PS2

Wipeout Fusion

Rez

XG3: Extreme-G Racing

Gungriffon Blaze

3rd party DVD remote bundled with DVD Region X

Harder Drive 2 (access memory cards from PC)

... bundled with Moonbase vertical stand

The next few games will be second hand purchases. The next new one will probably be Bounty Hunter. The next bit of new hardware will probably be when/if there's a GC/GBA bundle.

Wow,500 just to spend on games.I would get a neogeo also,how I want that neogeo!!!!!!!!!!!!Then I would also(if I had any money left over)buff up my 2600 collection.I love SNK and I would love to get neogeo so bad,I have a neogeo cd and pocket color but I want the home cart system soo bad!!!!! :P :cry: :wink: