IGNORED

PAYPAL now charging to complete desputes?

Shawn

That is exactly why I hate FEEBAY and Paypal, they screwed me over a few years back. I bought 50$ worth of stuff with a money order, paid 25$ to ship which you cant get back regardless, got broken crap that looked nothing like the pics nor what I paid for. The short of it is they wont even start a claim for your $ back without getting 25$ for themselves. OUTRAGEOUS! I cut my losses there. They should be investigated, them and their monopoly and their sister co is Paypal. I dint know Paypal did this too but it makes perfect sense. I cursed out Ebay in emails for about 2 weeks. Call your Local Politician and have them investigated.

Edited by Phantom

Not 100% on topic, but just wanted to say that PayPal totally stinks. I don't have a PayPal account, and I don't want one. So I try to buy a Memcard through PayPal with my credit card, and PayPal keeps telling me that my payment session has expired, and I'll have to reenter the information to complete the transaction-- so I keep reentering my information, and it keeps telling me that my payment session has expired. I guess I won't be getting any Memcards anytime soon, after all! :(

Michael Rideout

QUOTE(mcgrail0007 @ Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:37 PM)

The biggest problems competitors to PayPal will have is momentum. Google will have a good shot at competing with PayPal, but I don't see BidPay doing quite as well. However, it's nice to have viable options and PayPal sure as hell needs some competition. Frankly, I'm surprised the US Government hasn't stepped in yet to regulate them, considering how much cash must fliow through PayPal every year. >>>>>>>>>>

Anything that isnt paypal or ebay is a good thing, they've needed to be regultated for years! they are the biggest monopoly going and they stick it to you any and every chance they get! I hear yahoo auctions are free to list but i dont see much action over there......i was hoping they would knock ebay of its pedastel if just a notch or 2. Can ya tell I hate the twin monopoly known as Feebay/PayThief...if youre a seller, a friend tells me they hit you atleast 3 times in any 1 transaction with fees......how does one make money doing that? Any ebayers welcome to answer this for me. cyas

Edited by Phantom

QUOTE(mcgrail0007 @ Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:37 PM)

Thanks for pointing that out. I checked a few days ago and Bidpay wasn't open yet. I have been getting a lot of interest in my auctions from International buyers. If Bidpay is back in business I will probably open more of my auctions to more buyers.

The biggest problems competitors to PayPal will have is momentum. Google will have a good shot at competing with PayPal, but I don't see BidPay doing quite as well. However, it's nice to have viable options and PayPal sure as hell needs some competition. Frankly, I'm surprised the US Government hasn't stepped in yet to regulate them, considering how much cash must fliow through PayPal every year. >>>>>>>>>>

Anything that isnt paypal or ebay is a good thing, thyeve needed to be regultated for years! they are the biggest monopoly going and they stick it to you any and every chance they get! I hear yahoo auctions are free to list but i dont see much action over there......i was hoping they would knock ebay of its pedastel if just a notch or 2. Can ya tell I hate the twin monopoly known as Feebay/PayThief...if youre a seller, a friend tells me they hit you atleast 3 times in any 1 transaction with fees......how does one make money doing that? Any ebayers welcome to answer this for me. cyas

Yes, three times - when you list the item, your're charged a fee. When the item sells, you're charged a fee, and when you take a paypal payment, you're charged a fee.

By the time you add the .35 listing fee, the .35 +3% paypal fee (+1% if currency converted), +~5% final value fee, a $1 item costs you that to list it.

And then, paypal doesn't differientiate product price from shipping price, so if shipping is $5.00, and you charge $5.00, you actually loose $.15 in the deal.

Now, multiply that by 100 auctions, and it gets insane.

In fact, I just had 82 auctions on eBay a little over a week ago. Listing and final value fees were just under $100. Paypal fees were about $70.

I'm dying for google's payment service- or any service with the clout to encourage widespread adoption. I'll leap as soon as possible.

From a quick look at the API released today I don't think it will integrate with eBay without having your customers check out via your own web site shopping cart. It also cant be used for person to person payments like PayPal.

Edited by classics