IGNORED

Tooth Protectors

Derf

You better pass on this: after the loose one, this one will be another disinvestment because you will want the real complete version after this :grin:

Cheers,

Marco

It's been days since I read this and I still don't understand what it means :? :?: :?

You better pass on this: after the loose one, this one will be another disinvestment because you will want the real complete version after this :grin:

Cheers,

Marco

It's been days since I read this and I still don't understand what it means :? :?: :?

What he means is that for Tooth Protectors to be truly complete, you also need the box which was used for shipping. :)

Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Marco

What he means is that for Tooth Protectors to be truly complete, you also need the box which was used for shipping. :)

Thanks Jose.

Cheers,

Marco

Thanks Jose.

Keep in mind that this is only Marco's opinion, although he does seem to have infected Rick with it. ;)

Nobody in their right mind would expect the shipping carton to count.

Only people that don't have the complete set would say what he ^ just said - he's still learning :grin:

Cheers,

Marco

Do you have the shipping container for Eli's Ladder and Chase The Chuckwagon? :ponder:

I know the people at the post quite well, if you REALLY want a box with shipping dates that corispond with the time frame of the original cart sales period it could be done quite easy :ponder:

Hmm. Too bad I threw away the padded envelope that Kevtris was shipped in. Now I'm going to have to keep that priority mail box that the 7800 high score cartridge came in...anyone want to buy that box, I'll sell it for $$$$$ How much is the piece of candy worth that was shipped with the Christmas cart? I have bunches of duplicates if anyone made the mistake of eating their piece of pack-in candy.

Hmm. Too bad I threw away the padded envelope that Kevtris was shipped in. Now I'm going to have to keep that priority mail box that the 7800 high score cartridge came in...anyone want to buy that box, I'll sell it for $$$$$ How much is the piece of candy worth that was shipped with the Christmas cart? I have bunches of duplicates if anyone made the mistake of eating their piece of pack-in candy.

Exactly.

Some people like their Atari joysticks to come with a little plate on top. Some say it doesn't matter if a dead game is revived with a new EPROM. Others think their collection isn't complete untill they gathered the gazillion box variations of Space Invaders. Do you consider a North-American Bomb game complete while it has a "P" sticker on the box? Are the two final Starpath releases completer when they come with the little baggie? Does a PAL Mangia' box make a US collection as complete as the NTSC-sticker box? Would Atlantis II without all the paperwork be as nice an asset to a collection as a cart only? And that strange box for Color Bar Generator: can we call that a real box, or should we consider it a shipping carton, so we can just forget about it? Would a never-delivered Eli's Ladder package found in a closet of an old postoffice be completer than a set that was put together piece by piece over the years?

Where to draw the line? No idea. Why not consider the styrofoam of the Tooth Protectors set part of the shipping box, so you don't have to collect that either? There's a famous Brazilian seller using styrofoam to ship stuff in today :D

I just think that history matters, a lot. The more pieces of history that come with a collection piece, the completer it is. At least, to me. And yes, I'd just love to have a CtCW with a "Return to Sender - Address Unknown" written on the shipping carton.

Cheers,

Marco

This will and has gone on for years and years, to some people arguing about this stuff is half the fun.

And yes, BOMB boxes as well as the Mangia' box, do not count. They were all made in Thailand or some shit anyway. :P

But no way is a frigging unmarked box part of the collection. Sure, it's fun to have the shipping box for the Starpath demo unit, but it sure as hell isn't required. :D

i think the thing that is throwing anyone off here is the word "shipping" because it was NEVER used as a shipping box. i have had 3 of them over the years (all 3 even SEALED never opened till i opened each one. :) ) and not one has any stamps or shipping label on it.

but, just keep telling yourself, IT"S JUST A NORMAL BOX!!! :P

Rick

There is much humor to find in here, if we are only willing to laugh at ourselves :) . I'm sure anyone outside AA would find plenty of things to laugh about if pointed to this discussion...

Some people like their Atari joysticks to come with a little plate on top.

I only like it if the original release thick plate. The thin one is a cheap ($1) imitation!!! Don't be fooled by counterfeits :twisted:

Some say it doesn't matter if a dead game is revived with a new EPROM.

Yes, can someone please fix my NTSC Bomb and Mangia games? They keep rolling when I play them. Ahh, thank you, now they are worth much much more and nobody will know the difference.

Others think their collection isn't complete untill they gathered the gazillion box variations of Space Invaders.

Boy, I only have less than a billion. I better keep searching for more :mad: .

Do you consider a North-American Bomb game complete while it has a "P" sticker on the box?

Most only consider it complete after the "P" sticker has been removed.

Are the two final Starpath releases completer when they come with the little baggie?

Well, duh!

Does a PAL Mangia' box make a US collection as complete as the NTSC-sticker box?

Only if you can find someone willing to offer big bucks for it and doesn't know any better.

Would Atlantis II without all the paperwork be as nice an asset to a collection as a cart only?

Neither is complete without the ZPM.

And that strange box for Color Bar Generator: can we call that a real box, or should we consider it a shipping carton, so we can just forget about it? Would a never-delivered Eli's Ladder package found in a closet of an old postoffice be completer than a set that was put together piece by piece over the years?

Only if it is found by someone named NotALie, i mean Natalie.

Where to draw the line? No idea.

In the sand, of course.

Why not consider the styrofoam of the Tooth Protectors set part of the shipping box, so you don't have to collect that either? There's a famous Brazilian seller using styrofoam to ship stuff in today :D

What about the styrofoam packing peanuts that Sunmark Magicards are shipped with. Should I keep those, or sell them separately?

I just think that history matters, a lot. The more pieces of history that come with a collection piece, the completer it is. At least, to me. And yes, I'd just love to have a CtCW with a "Return to Sender - Address Unknown" written on the shipping carton.

Cheers,

Marco

Hmmm, I have a shipping carton with some writing on it. I will sell it to the first person to send me a cashiers check for $1000. OK, maybe I'll settle for $500. If I listed it on ebay, I bet at least two people would bid higher than that. Any takers? And yes, Marco, you would definitely be interested in the history behind this one.

Where to draw the line? No idea. Why not consider the styrofoam of the Tooth Protectors set part of the shipping box, so you don't have to collect that either? There's a famous Brazilian seller using styrofoam to ship stuff in today :D

I for one agree with Marco. I will not bid again on this auction. lol

You see, it's the principle of the matter. :roll: :rolling: :cool: ;)

And yes, BOMB boxes as well as the Mangia' box, do not count. They were all made in Thailand or some shit anyway. :P

Just a noob question here, but since I'd like to know for some future day (down the road)...

Does this mean that the overwhelming majority of Bomb boxes are found with a little "P" sticker on them? Meaning, of course, that's the only difference between a PAL box and an NTSC box?

Aren't all of the Bomb boxes just the same with two windows to see the manual inside?

And with the Mangia' box, is the only difference between the PAL and NTSC boxes a sticker as well?

By the way, does anyone have pics of these boxes (with/without stickers?)

Thanks,

Steve

Aren't all of the Bomb boxes just the same with two windows to see the manual inside?

I will answer this one for you with no, there is also a white (not silver) kind of BOMB box (a true European box), that has never been found in NTSC land. Most silver BOMB boxes that I have seen, don't have any sticker on them at all, it's always on the cart. I do have one box however, that has the same "Q.C. passed P" sticker on the box itself, but it's a box I purposely bought from Marco, to replace a ripped up box I had. ;)

He probably put the "P" sticker on the box. :D

Now back to the shipping containers, where is your Mythicon collection now, bitch? :ponder:

LOL

Mythicon.jpg