IGNORED

SE Michigan Game Night (My Place)?

Tempest

A recent thread about thrifts in Michigan made me realize just how many SE Michigan AA members we have here. I'd really like to meet some felllow Michigan AA members, but last time I proposed a get together at Petes or Marvins everyone groaned that public places are no fun. In the interest of meetting some of my fellow gamers, I was thinking hosting a gaming night at my place. However it would have to be smaller than the Petes/Marvins groups as I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with 20+ people crowded into my family room (maybe next time).

I'm down in Flat Rock which is pretty far south from most people, I'm not sure if that is going to be a problem or not. If you're interested, post something. If you have some system or games you'd like to bring you can list that too. If enough people are interested, I'll try and set something up. I have just about every classic and modern console made (minus the Xbox and 360), and a fairly large 32" TV so we should be able to find something fun to play.

Oh, and I just might open up the prototype vaults that night if there's enough interest...

Tempest

I was thinking about hosting this on August 5th (two weeks from now). I can push it back if that's too soon (alot of people probably haven't seen this thread yet), but it has to be some time in August before I go back to grad school.

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's so much lack of interest as lack of locals. I know at least three people (myself, Chickybaby and z28in82) who would have come if we were closer :'(

Maybe the people who you saw in the thrifts thread either didn't see this one or didn't live close enough? (Just guessing here)

Edited by PacManPlus

I don't think it's so much lack of interest as lack of locals. I know at least three people (myself, Chickybaby and z28in82) who would have come if we were closer :'(

Maybe the people who you saw in the thrifts thread either didn't see this one or didn't live close enough? (Just guessing here)

It's also having someone to watch our animal 'kids' too. We travel to around the Cleveland Oh area and that's a 9 hr drive 1 way. They would be ok alone for a day or two if we brought the dog along. I just don't feel comfortable with the hot weather (around 100 here all week) and doing that.

You guys stay cool too! :cool:

i just dont care to play games that much anymore :(

Well to be honest, this was an attempt to get to know the AA people in my area more than a 'gaming match'. Also, long ago, I promised someone that when I got a house I'd host a get together. This was also an attempt to make good on that promise. :)

Tempest

i just dont care to play games that much anymore :(

Well to be honest, this was an attempt to get to know the AA people in my area more than a 'gaming match'. Also, long ago, I promised someone that when I got a house I'd host a get together. This was also an attempt to make good on that promise. :)

Tempest

Just wait till the weather cools down a bit or we have someone to watch the house. We're holding you to that! :D

Sorry... I forgot to check this thread after I posted. :) I'm in Little Rock right now anyways... Military training.

I will be in Michigan full-time after the 1st of Sept. That is when all of my airport trips and training comes to an end. Most of my gaming stuff will be boxed up still, but anytime after 1SEP... that is a Non-Husker football gameday.. I can possibly stop in to hangout.

:)

PMs are the best way to get my attention. I rarely check any threads but Marketplace, Lynx, and classic Gaming....

So if I don't respond shoot me a PM! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...