IGNORED

New use for broken Atari Video Pinball

Rob Mitchell

Hi ..

I rewired a broken Atari Video Pinball to function as a controller! So the side buttons now work with Atari 2600 pinball games.. and the Vectrex Spinball game .. I had to wire some switches to make the buttons compatible with the various games .. and it brings those games alive! I still need to rewire to be compatible with Bally Astrocade Pinball.

In place of the paddle controller on top of the deck, I have placed an Indy 500 driving controller for use as a spinner for games coming out that use that function (2600 Thrust, Vectrex Tsunami).

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

• 1 year later...

I've updated my Atari Video Pinball controller.

Following CPUWIZ and Al's example, I hot glued a bunch of pennies into the knob of the Indy 500 spinner that I mounted in this unit. (The spinner is where the paddle once was.) Now the spinner has alot of angular momentum when given a good fling!

Also I hot glued a tilt mechanism (harvested from an IBM tilt joystick) into the spot where the speaker cone once sat. It fits perfectly. The tilt has connections for UDLR so I still need to wire that in and put a switch on its ground to cut it on/off. So with a little more thought and wiring .. I will have a live tilt function when playing 2600, 8-bit and Vectrex pinball games!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA