IGNORED

New game for the Jaguar : DiamJag

GT Turbo

We're happy to give you a new little game for the Jaguar, you will find everything here :

http://Diamjag.jagware.org

This game features an online hall of fame, now you can 'friendly fight' with everybody on this world :D

This game has been done by Orion and MetalKnuckles, their first game on Jaguar, they have planned to do some others games, so we are waiting for the next :)

And a big thanks to :

- SebRmv for the CD encryption

- Mariaud for the nice art cover graphics

- Zerosquare for cover text

- RaZ for the DiamJag website and the online hall of fame

Jagware Team ;)

Hi!

Very nice game, really!! I walked thru all 25 levels but I don't have a final code as it isn't diplayed anywhere after congratulation screen...

And it seems to me there must be some bug as in level 20 (or so) music suddenly went off and next level sounds were gone as well...

F.

Hi!

Very nice game, really!! I walked thru all 25 levels but I don't have a final code as it isn't diplayed anywhere after congratulation screen...

You got a code after each screen, let's have a look on this screen shoot :

http://diamjag.jagware.org/download/diamhi.jpg

On the left side, bottom you can see a screen where is written online code, this one must be enter on DiamJag website and there are 28 levels ;)

And it seems to me there must be some bug as in level 20 (or so) music suddenly went off and next level sounds were gone as well...

F.

Yes a little bug, the replay rout can do that when too much sounds have been replayed in same time

GT :)

Edited by GT Turbo

Hello chaps,

We're happy to give you a new little game for the Jaguar, you will find everything here :

http://Diamjag.jagware.org

That's GREAT, I can hardly wait to try this out with my BJL Jag tonight!

Will you, or shall I, post the news onto the Jaguar-Homebrew Yahoo group?

I will post a link to this post on JI-II, at http://www.atarihq.com/ji2/ as well.

Thanks,

JustClaws.

It's not running right on my Jag the screen jumps all over I can't see to play. :sad:

A jag hard problem ?

What's sort of jag have you ? ( M or K ? 50 or 60hz ? )

Yeah sounds like it could be a PAL/NTSC thing...

Hello,

i just tested it (but with RF-cable only):

It works fine on one of my PAL-Jaguars under both 50 Hz and 60 Hz.

It works fine on one of my NTSC-Jaguars (M-Model) under 60 Hz.

Regards

Matthias

I have no idea why my Jag doesn't run this game but it doesn't. :sad: I've added a video file so you can see.

Composite__Jul_25_.zip

Edited by walter_J64bit

I have no idea why my Jag doesn't run this game but it doesn't. :sad: I've added a video file so you can see.
That was a good idea ! :thumbsup:

What's particularly interesting is that the sprites don't all "jump" in the same way and at the same time. That rules out a lot of things (including TV compatibility, and everything in the final video chain for that matter). In fact, there seems to be something the object processor doesn't like.

Given that there exists several versions of the Jaguar chipset, maybe the game managed to highlight one case where they work differently. Can you tell us what is the serial number of your console ? (By the way, I think Zero 5 doesn't work right either on certain Jags).

Unfortunately, the author is currently in vacation and did not make the source available. :(

But meanwhile, you can still enjoy the game in Project Tempest :)

hmm.... sorry Walter that you cant play it... and sorry for saying this but this is verry interesting problem from a developers point of view... why would it not play on a single jaguar and ok on all other?... does any other cd game you own ever went bad or had unexpected crashes? ...(some kind of read error or whatever.. perhapps to cdunit overheating?...)

Though i have an idea of what it might be..... the MOD player might be causing interference with the OP list ... some how.... or it hogs up the bus or whatever... the flicker is ~consistent with the VBL time it takes to play an ordinary module..

so.. is there a way to turn of the music? .....(not mute, kill the player so it goes away from the vbl time ?).... and se if it stops...

or its a "clear BBS area" thing... some variable isnt set up correctly.... (this IS a problem with the modplayer, it is FAR from perfect)...

What pussles me though is why only Walter has this problem and no other?....

ahh well... just some late night thoughts =) ...(gowing on 1v wacation tomorrow so I hope this is solved when i get back .... no no dont mean like that .. no preasure ;)

cheers

/Sym

Hello chaps,

This game features an online hall of fame, now you can 'friendly fight' with everybody on this world :D

This game has been done by Orion and MetalKnuckles, their first game on Jaguar, they have planned to do some others games, so we are waiting for the next :)

This really is a VERY addictive little game, and the music is part of that. :-)

Now it' s 1:07 and I blame YOU for my late evening playing your game...

but I set some high scores, once I understood what the objective was!

Thanks, the Jagware team is inspiring to me! Real community spirity!

GREAT work, really.

JustClaws.

@ Zerosquare the Jags serial number is "M253024718"

@ Symmetry of TNG justclaws said something about music :music: I don't have any sound what so ever the video clip is proof of that if there where any sound it would had been part of the clip too.

hmm.... sorry Walter that you cant play it

I'm cool with it. It's just part of the learning process. ;)

@ Zerosquare the Jags serial number is "M253024718"

@ Symmetry of TNG justclaws said something about music :music: I don't have any sound what so ever the video clip is proof of that if there where any sound it would had been part of the clip too.

hmm.... sorry Walter that you cant play it

I'm cool with it. It's just part of the learning process. ;)

Is it a flashcart/Alpine or BjL upload? Or did you burn a CD?

If it's a CD maybe the burn went bad.