IGNORED

New game for the Jaguar : DiamJag

GT Turbo

OK, all!

I finally had the chance to burn it.

GREAT GAME and GREAT MUSIC!

Music somehow reminds me of Obsession on the STe.

Little note: please DROP nrg images: Mac users can't burn and linux users have to download NeroLINUX (30days trial and then payforit)

nrg2iso doesn't work because of the audio format (it is in the docs)

Why just don't have a nice ISO image file? ;)

If your running a mac you need to pick up a copy of Toast to burn cds. It will need nero files, Iso, .cue and more. Its well worth the money to get it.

Robert

I burned with Toast and the disc isn't working. The music player comes up on the jag. I burned BIWN with cdrecord before so I know my Jag will play these games.

</lurk>

To go back to walter_J64bit's jittery video problem, the effect is clearly being caused by the object processor not starting at the top of the screen. Why this should be is something of a mystery to me however. I would suggest checking to make sure that neither the blitter, dsp, or gpu are at their higher priorities (which is explicitly forbidden in the dev manual), and also, if the 68k is handling the vbl isr, that you don't call the module player until AFTER you restore the object list, since the mod player has a pretty sizable chunk of code to run, and could well be producing that jitter if the object list wasn't restored in time for the op to begin drawing the next frame.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Orion (DiamJag coder) will come back very soon, so perhaps we can try without the MOD replayer, has Zerosquare and Symmetry said, that interresting because if this kind of game can have some problems on some Jaguars, other games can have the same problem ;)

Hope we can run it correctly on your Jag ;)

GT poulpe.gif

Orion come back in one week

Did Orion look into this problem meanwhile?

BTW: I had sent Walter a hack which did some initialisation (which cured problems of my own projects) before starting DiamJag, but it didn't help with DiamJag.

Best regards

Matthias

Ok, Thanks to Matthias I got a disc juggler image of the game, and played it tonight and got through all 28 levels in under a hour. Got a bunch of my scores on the score board too. Very fun game.. I really liked it!!

For me the mod music stopped about the 19th level, and the sound quit at level 23. But the sound came back when the game went back to the start menu.

So now I have a nice puzzle game in a cool DVD case that sits near my collection looking good. :) I think my wife (who liked Chip's Challenge) would go for this.

• 6 months later...
I think my wife (who liked Chip's Challenge) would go for this.

I agree - the gameplay reminds me of Chip's Challenge for the Lynx.

Although the graphics look very 16-bitish (or even 8-bit) it is a very fun puzzle game. I hope we will see more releases from the developers....

• 6 years later...
  • 8 years later...

Sorry for bumping up this thread but i had a lingering question on my head regarding DiamJag (and its follow-up Yopaz IceStar): Is this game based on a earlier game on another platform? Much like how Atomic and Atomic Reloaded were based on Gunther Kramer's old Atomix game for home computers? Just curious to know...

Edited by KidGameR186496
Typo fix

7 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

DiamJag is based on an earlier game called DiamantiX for the TI-89 calculator, also developed by Orion_:

http://onorisoft.free.fr/retro.htm

Which is itself similar to Sokoban, a Japanese game that has been ported on virtually every platform and has countless versions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokoban

Didn't knew Orion made a similar game but for TI-89. However, even on the website you provided, he refers said concept as a "classic game" so, there may be an older game with the same exact gameplay. Who even knows that name of that one, but i can see why you would compare it with Sokoban. Or maybe i'm the dumb one...

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Which is itself similar to Sokoban, a Japanese game that has been ported on virtually every platform and has countless versions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokoban

You must have played a very different Sokoban than I did. These games are a variant on the old “slide until you hit something” puzzle so common in top down adventure games. I think I remember playing a pen and paper version of this once upon a time. I wonder what the original electronic game was called.

• Like 2