IGNORED

Table top PONG...

Can anyone advise what a fair price would be for a table top PONG? It is is a sit-down version with a common square cabinet but the table top itself is a round. It needs a good cleaning and possible minor wiring but it'd be neat to have one without over-paying. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, George. I can also be reached at: maxwellsmartagent99@hotmail.com

Can anyone advise what a fair price would be for a table top PONG? It is is a sit-down version with a common square cabinet but the table top itself is a round. It needs a good cleaning and possible minor wiring but it'd be neat to have one without over-paying. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, George. I can also be reached at: maxwellsmartagent99@hotmail.com

I've had 2 of these pass through here:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...mp;game_id=7304

Iirc at the auctions one sold for $50 and the other $150. Everyone seemed shocked I got $150 for that one. The auctioneer did his work on that one, he talked about how rare they were and tried to start it at $500 and got someone to jump in at $150. Unless it's the Atari Pong they aren't worth much.

If you are looking for one they would be hard to find and probably expensive. If you are looking to sell one, buyers are hard to find and it would probably take a while to get decent money for it.

I've had 2 of these pass through here:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...mp;game_id=7304

Iirc at the auctions one sold for $50 and the other $150. Everyone seemed shocked I got $150 for that one. The auctioneer did his work on that one, he talked about how rare they were and tried to start it at $500 and got someone to jump in at $150. Unless it's the Atari Pong they aren't worth much.

If you are looking for one they would be hard to find and probably expensive. If you are looking to sell one, buyers are hard to find and it would probably take a while to get decent money for it.

Thanks for the link to KLOV!!! The game has been identified as being made by Mirco in 1974 and the name is Challenge. There is no indication of value but to know more about the game is great. Take care!

I thought that's what you were describing. The one thing that's kind of neat about it is it has a 1 player mode. It's not you vs the computer like you would think, you try to hit the ball into a box for a point. The computer gets points if you miss the ball. If you beat the computer you win a free game.

I can tell you what I paid for mine. I got one for $10 at an estate auction and the other a buddy of mine pulled out of a dumpster for me. Both worked, although the second one didn't score shots for one of the players and I had to replace a counter chip.

If anyone is interested - I have an Atari Pong cocktail unit available, no board though, just the cabinet, coin mech and monitor in it. Base is really nice, all done in cushioned leather, the yellow paint around the monitor is cracking and will need some restoration work.

Anyone interested, PM me, I can wrap and drop off at Forward Air if you want, only weighs about 90-100lbs total, not a very heavy unit.

Curt

Thanks for the link to KLOV!!! The game has been identified as being made by Mirco in 1974 and the name is Challenge. There is no indication of value but to know more about the game is great. Take care!

I thought that's what you were describing. The one thing that's kind of neat about it is it has a 1 player mode. It's not you vs the computer like you would think, you try to hit the ball into a box for a point. The computer gets points if you miss the ball. If you beat the computer you win a free game.

I can tell you what I paid for mine. I got one for $10 at an estate auction and the other a buddy of mine pulled out of a dumpster for me. Both worked, although the second one didn't score shots for one of the players and I had to replace a counter chip.