IGNORED

compiling homebrew list

keitaro

The only problem with the cart requirement is there are some truly excellent homebrew games that seem unlikely to see a release (Jitter/Mantra/Flow/Moth especially come to mind) and plenty of games that I think are crap have seen release on a homebrew cart.

That's why different subcategories would probably be a good idea.

Michael Rideout

And there are even exceptions to this 'rule'. How about 'Boulder Dash' which quite happily lives on a cartridge, is essentially complete, has released MPGs showing gameplay --- but due to copyright reasons just hasn't been released? Surely it belongs in the homebrew list!

Cheers

A

C'mon, does anyone truly believe that some faceless company is going to truly go to all the time and money to sue someone over releasing a game that they copywrited for a dead system? I have heard this argument time and time again and yet think about it! Who is going to invest hard $ in taking someone to court over producing a handful of carts that would net the originator no more than 100$. It costs money to sue anyone and the cheapest and easiest thing to do if the company did find out about someone releasing a handful of games would be to ask for a cut of the profits in royalties. I doubt that Atariage could produce enough numbers of a game to even raise an interest from any company and those that did threaten to prosecute woudl be bluffing for again the costs of taking anyone to court often far outweigh the judgement even if it is in the plaintiffs favour ;)

Super Maria Sisters is for sale, so it should be on the list (2006). How many people are actually going to buy it is a whole other matter entirely.

Which introduces another interesting question:

Is "for sale" good enough or shouldn't at least one copy be sold? And how about games that where never sold but only available as gifts/bonus?

My question is, how many games does the AA store sell of certain good games?

A good rule of thumb(or maybe not?), would be a game that sells 50 special edition games, then sells 50+ regular release games at AA or some other online venue.Then you could assume the title has gained homebrew status by 1-being programmed,not hacked & 2-has sold 100+copies, thus making it popular.

Hi

My original idea with the list, were: what games are/were available after the "official death" of the 2600.

So , maybe will be a list of games (not demos) released on cart. Yes, that games are in AA db, but I want include the year of release too.

Sorry for ants will be out of the list U_U , But ... It would be interesting a list of games not published too, including their state of development: complete or wip. (and this list could be too long :S )

Other option could be: a list of completed games (independently of released on cart or not).

I asked this question in the homebrew section and got nowehere with it. I have always said that as long as one cartidge is in existence that it should be added for how else is any ultimate collection suppossed to be complete if there is still one cart of a game in exstince somewhere ;)

Edited by Foxsolo2000

Hi

My original idea with the list, were: what games are/were available after the "official death" of the 2600.

So , maybe will be a list of games (not demos) released on cart. Yes, that games are in AA db, but I want include the year of release too.

Sorry for ants will be out of the list U_U , But ... It would be interesting a list of games not published too, including their state of development: complete or wip. (and this list could be too long :S )

Other option could be: a list of completed games (independently of released on cart or not).

I created a very detailed list (of all the latest versions) of every Atari 2600 ROM available on the net.

8)

Hi

I created a very detailed list (of all the latest versions) of every Atari 2600 ROM available on the net.

8)

Where can we find it? ;)

A little off topic but does anyone know how much time elapsed between the last commercial cart for the VCS (Atari or third party) and the release of the first homebrew game?

Thanks

Edtris 2600 and SoundX came out in 1994, two years after Salu and HES released their last Atari games.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Hi

8)

Where can we find it? ;)

A new version will be put online soon.

8)

A little off topic but does anyone know how much time elapsed between the last commercial cart for the VCS (Atari or third party) and the release of the first homebrew game?

Thanks

Edtris 2600 and SoundX came out in 1994, two years after Salu and HES released their last Atari games.

8)

Only two years!It's almost like the 2600 never stopped being supported. :D