IGNORED

I have mega ideas for atari 2600 games try me

rjchamp3

This is for the programmers to respond i have the ideas ive shared with gamers i know i can trust i will share on one condition you sign a written statement you will not steal my idea

And trust me mine are so good no programmer has any clue

So your money is here

im your story and you are the programmer if i had the programming backround id be rich

get back to me i have great ideas trust me :)

Ideas are cheap. A dime a dozen, as they say. It's the implementation that's important! The trick isn't just to have a computer game idea, but to actually create it!

—Scott Adams (K-Power Magazine, June 1984)

The concept for PITFALL took less than 10 minutes. The difficult part was sitting at the computer, for over 1,000 hours, and making it happen.

—David Crane

:D

Well, I hope your ideas are alot better than your Engrish... How old are you? I hope you bone up a little on 2600 hardware and software... I think you need to first determine what the 2600 ISN'T capable of... That will help you eliminate ALOT of great ideas that could never be pulled off on an Atari 2600... - D

Just my 2 cents...

No problem RT, that was my cheap attempt at humor... A LOT OF IT! LOL Anyways, even though he's a noob, he's a pretty cool guy... I hung out with him at the last Classic Gaming Expo in Cali last year... ( or was it the year before )? Oh well, anyways, welcome to the boards newbie... We all bash on each other in this place, so don't take offense too early... - D

This is for the programmers to respond i have the ideas ive shared with gamers i know i can trust i will share on one condition you sign a written statement you will not steal my idea

You better get those ideas patented first. I can refer you to a patent lawyer - his rates are $250/hour, but he's really good. That way you have legal protection if anyone tries to steal your ideas.

And trust me mine are so good no programmer has any clue

So your money is here

Great! My rate is $150/hour with a $2,000 retainer. However, since this is '2600 work, I will work for a mere $100/hour.

im your story and you are the programmer if i had the programming backround id be rich

get back to me i have great ideas trust me :)

It takes money to make money! Let me know when you get that patent issued, and then we can get started making your games!

Edited by batari

You guys could be a little nicer. You didn't have to squash his dreams so fast. Please have some consideration for those of us who enjoy the comedic potential these kinds of threads present. This one is pretty good, but think of how good it could have been.... :sad: :P

Time to add my 2 cents here. First all, if you're vain enough to post a thread basically saing "I have the best ideas ever for the 2600," and saying people better not steal your ideas, of course you're going to get replies like you did, especially since you're a newbie here. The original post (#1) didn't answer some key questions, like do you know what the Atari 2600 can handle in terms of graphics, etc.; how many ideas do you have, exactly; stuff like that. As for the legal aspect, I have no idea how that works, but I think that the programmer at least gets some, if not most or all, credit for game programming. If he would post at least one idea, and it's stupid or already has been done, then we could laugh at him ;) Seriously, though, this is a good lesson for lurkers who eventually join up and start doing stuff like this.

Edited by atari2600land

Time to add my 2 cents here. First all, if you're vain enough to post a thread basically saing "I have the best ideas ever for the 2600," and saying people better not steal your ideas, of course you're going to get replies like you did, especially since you're a newbie here. The original post (#1) didn't answer some key questions, like do you know what the Atari 2600 can handle in terms of graphics, etc.; how many ideas do you have, exactly; stuff like that. As for the legal aspect, I have no idea how that works, but I think that the programmer at least gets some, if not most or all, credit for game programming. If he would post at least one idea, and it's stupid or already has been done, then we could laugh at him ;) Seriously, though, this is a good lesson for lurkers who eventually join up and start doing stuff like this.

Well i have a great idea for a three stooges atari 2600 hack but i will not say which game :D

You know it is kind of easy to come up with Atari 2600 video game idea's

and this one is off the top of my head just now

Have a combination video game

Here is the idea

First have the last level of Megamania you know the flying popcorn or asteroid or dice or whatever those things are. After you finish those guys off have it so the ship goes through a tunnel. After going through the tunnel, the ship goes into a level of the berzerk game. Only you are still the megamania ship now moving around like a man. So after you beat the berzerk level you go into another cave and now are in the pacman game except you are still the ship running around like pacman. And after you finish the Pacman level you go through another cave and for the final level you are now in an asteroids level. Then you repeat these levels over and over again. So that is my video game idea. And guess what. You guys can use this idea to make the video game. Free, with no charge, but it would be cool to receive a free copy of the game ;)

Now ask yourself newbie, Are any of your ideas better than the video game idea I just came up with.

One more thing you do not have to use these games. You can use the go from one game to another game idea for a game as well.

Well i have a great idea for a three stooges atari 2600 hack but i will not say which game :D

I'm just saying you can post ideas in here, but don't expect to have it done (because most ideas posted in here don't.) and if you're lucky enough to get one done let you hog all the credit, because the programmer is actually the one who made the game into reality, albeit you had the idea (and still own the idea.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I've had this idea, still have the idea, and I'm still around some 1700 posts later.

I was offering up to $1200 for some of my ideas to be put into game.. if I had knowledge of programming I'd gladly accept money to make games. My only requirement would be is that the game be interesting to me.

i have one idea... some aliens try to invade the earth, your mission is to defend earth... they are approaching in monotone sound and walk downwards to you from top of the screen to bottom...you have a missle launcher and have to shoot them... of course you have 3 bunkers to hide but beware... they get destroyed as more alien missles hit them...

this sounds great!

or what about another more non-violent idea...

i like maze games... you are a muncher (yeah...i have a name for it... :D) and have to eat all apples in different maze... but there are ghost who hunt you and try to catch you... as this is very difficult why not fight back...with super pills you can eat and now you can fight them back for a short amount of time...

or... well... what about this...yeah...i am a sience fiction fan... your space ship get lost in an asteroid field...all over of them... shoot them away like in episode 3 (no it was episode 2... ;))... as you blast them the big asteroids get smaller until they are gone...