IGNORED

Help Identify These PCBs

yorgle

I purchased two 2600 cart pcbs on ebay. Both say "Atari 2600 Bankswitch/2004 Pixels Past" on the eprom side. I was told one was an 8k board and the other a 16k board but the only difference I can find is the number on the logic chip on the reverse side. The supposed 8k board's logic chip has the ATMEL logo and the part no. ATF20V8BQL-15PC with the number 0528 above that. The supposed 16k board's logic chip also has the ATMEL logo, but a slightly different part number: ATF20V8B-15PC and the number above that is 0535. My intended use for either board (assuming either is the right one) is to hold my 8k Adventure hack. Anyone here able to confirm if either of these boards will work. (I plan to use a 2764 eprom, which I understand to be 8k).

Thanks. I figured it out eventually. Also figured out how to fit a socketed pcb into a standard cart case w/o having to have a big hole in the top for the eprom. Just cut out and shave off the spring mount flush with the inside of the case and then use two ballpoint pen springs (one on each side of the door) in place of the stock spring. Works great.

Thanks. I figured it out eventually. Also figured out how to fit a socketed pcb into a standard cart case w/o having to have a big hole in the top for the eprom. Just cut out and shave off the spring mount flush with the inside of the case and then use two ballpoint pen springs (one on each side of the door) in place of the stock spring. Works great.

Alot of early 7800 shells work on the 2 spring method also if your looking to get a shell without having to pull out the dremil :)