IGNORED

Hantarex monitor

TheBman80

If anyone can help me out with this at all please do. What I have here is a Hantarex monitor I bought months back at an arcade auction for like $20. Can this monitor be used in an arcade game? I have been unable to find any information at all about this thing. I have posted some pictures to help with this process and I was also able to plug the thing in and turn it on and it seemed to work. The one picture I posted has all the controls on the back of the monitor what I really need is the pin config of the RGB jack on the back there but it has several other ways to hook stuff up to it. What I would like to use this thing for is a mame cabinet. Model number MTC28 USA 02192850 serial number 00229.

post-8610-1154570203_thumb.jpg post-8610-1154570222_thumb.jpg post-8610-1154570267_thumb.jpg post-8610-1154570294_thumb.jpg post-8610-1154570317_thumb.jpg

I don't have a clue right off as to exactly how to answer your question as I would have to just start googleing around myself. BUT..I would suggest you go over to arcadecontrols.com. They are pretty much a How To MAMA site. Jump into their message board. Lot of good info there as well as a Video/Monitor specific forum.

Bet they could help!!

Here's a link to the companies website:

http://www.hantarex.co.uk/

The monitor you have looks like one for arcade definately. Their website or contacting them should provide you with answers you need hopefully.

$20 seems like a very good price.. is that a 27"?! Maybe I'll have to hit up an auction because of such cheap prices, but I keep thinking I want a new Wells Gardner.

Edited by yuppicide

Yeah I thought It would be able to handle Mame but the problem is the RGB port on the back of the monitor is like a computer connection cable (see my pictures). I have no Idea weather it would have a standard computer hookup or not without knowing the pin config of the holes in the connection. I wrote 2 places about the monitor one was a place that sold Hantarex arcade monitors the other was the actual company link you sent me the one guy who sells them turned up nada so im still waiting to hear from the company. As for the size yeah its freaking huge I measured 27" diagonal across the tube It would be great for MAME. Do you think if I just hooked up my computer monitor out to this monitor's RGB computer looking hook up do you think would it work I guess I would have to find a cable to find out. It wouldnt hurt the monitor any if the pin config was different would it? It prob just wouldnt work.

Well I just tryed the S-Vhs connection on the back of the monitor with a laptop with a S-Video on it got nothing but as we had it hooked up on the back of the monitor tube was lit up then it went dark. This was after being on for a while and the S-Video was hooked up when we turned it on so now ethier a fuse blew or something elese went bad but when I turn the monitor on and off I still see a faint brightness fade out on the monitor. So im hopeing the HV is still good just something elese that brings power to the back of the tube to the electron gun went bad I hope. I dont see any fuses though right off the bat I just hope the company has a manual so I dont have to take the entire thing apart.

Turns out that something must over heat and cause to monitor CRT to turn off I pluged it in today and the CRT neck glowed again I didn't leave it on long enough for it to short out again. Right now I'm stuck no information on this thing at all and the only thing I could think of doing is takeing it to a TV repair shop to have it looked over. It would be a shame not to get this think working it would make a great MAME cab monitor I mean a 27" MAME would be great and it already has all the mounting brackets. If worse came to worse maybe I could get a 27" arcade tube and boards and mount them in the frame.

Can you see the wires coming out of the back of that RGB plug. Usually they use the same color wires as the input color. So you should be able to find a red, green, blue, white, black (the white can be yellow sometimes and is the sync. The black is the video ground) Then you would have your pinout if you can actually see the wires.