IGNORED

Pitfall II 2nd maze: Ending pix!

the 5th ghost

I just reached the 2nd maze and wow. is it tough ;[ and you din't get hit? well good job on that perfect score

Believe me, when I first made it to the second Maze, I got all kinds of jacked up! It took a lot of practice to get the feel for each type of hazard, and then figuring out how to find everything in the most efficiant way. After that it was just a matter of playing that perfect game without getting hit. It was super difficult, but not impossible, obviously.

Study the map posted online at: mapy.atari8.info (the link is a few posts back)

That is the only complete map out there as far as I know. The one posted here and on Digital Press are missing important details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow!!!!!!I didnt realize the 5200 version of PITFALL2 is this much better than the 2600 version,I expected the same with just better graphics,I must get a hold of this game,and system!

If you're a fan of the 2600 version, then the 5200 version is an absolute must-have game.

I'm still surprized that it took me so long to play this game, since I've had it for quite a while.

• 3 years later...

I'm more than a couple decades behind, but I just finished the 2nd level of Pitfall II this morning. Afterward, I went online to see if I could find a map to get any gold I may have missed. I found the black & white map here at AA so I decided to color it. I spent literally ALL DAY on it. Now, I find this thread where there's a color map already posted!

Well, that's a whole day down the drain. Anyway, if anyone wants the map I colored, here it is:

post-9364-128012176821_thumb.png

My colors are a bit different from the other color map because I went by the Stella palette. Also, I used a dark gray background because I wanted to keep some of the black outlines from the original black & white map and I wanted some outlines I added to stand out just a tad.

Edited by KevinMos3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow. Amazing work. Thanks for doing all that.

Now with Adventure II, Countermeasure, Pitfall II's extra level, and Tempest (and of course it's big beautiful 5200 case) the 5200 is getting more irresistible to the naysayers.

I may have to play 5200 tonight.

Edited by littleman jack
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...
On 7/26/2010 at 12:47 AM, KevinMos3 said:

I'm more than a couple decades behind, but I just finished the 2nd level of Pitfall II this morning. Afterward, I went online to see if I could find a map to get any gold I may have missed. I found the black & white map here at AA so I decided to color it. I spent literally ALL DAY on it. Now, I find this thread where there's a color map already posted!

Well, that's a whole day down the drain. Anyway, if anyone wants the map I colored, here it is:

post-9364-128012176821_thumb.png

My colors are a bit different from the other color map because I went by the Stella palette. Also, I used a dark gray background because I wanted to keep some of the black outlines from the original black & white map and I wanted some outlines I added to stand out just a tad.

Thank you for the great colored map. It was useful (to look at) in deciding to port over this easter egg game to the Intellivision, in the form of: Pitfall 3: Return to the Caverns. 🤓😝

3EE20FF8-075F-4BA4-8A78-6B4F6EB88E16.jpeg

• Like 5

On the 5200, I consider just getting to the magic rope (let alone with a perfect score) amongst the difficult tasks of all the 1980's platformers.  I can't count how many times I tried and just said eff-it and turned the game off after spending hours on the hidden level.  Those damn bats.....

I'm like Jesse and don't impress easily but to anyone who finishes this game to completion, color me very impressed!

WWE Photo

I will forever have the Pitfall 2 music etched into my brain.  My brother and I did beat it on the 800xl, but I don't remember him climbing a rope to escape for some reason.  Though we played it for MANY hours, would swap when one would get tired, and ended up pausing it so we could continue the next day.  Game is seriously hard, how the hell could anyone get a perfect score???

• Like 2