IGNORED

Atari 2600 GUI

Dragnerok X

Can you give me a link to the 8bitclassic page?

Didm't you click on the link I provided? 8BitClassics said to PM him for more info.

8bitClassics's signature just has a link to have labels printed in the post, you made it sound like 8bitClassics could actaully make the carts, or do I have to have the labels made and then put them on the carts myself? I know AA can make carts.

A_Username

EDIT: I need to learn how to read, I can send him a PM to have carts made. Something I learned in 2nd grade comes back to bite me. LOL

Edited by A_Username

...I think I small vanity run would be great, make like 10 carts and after their all gone, auction the last one off and donate it to the red cross or something...

Sure! Why not. Right now I really can't afford to pay for them, but if you feel like it go right ahead! As long as somewhere on the cartridge you give me some sort of credit I'm fine.

:)

--Dragnerok X

...I think I small vanity run would be great, make like 10 carts and after their all gone, auction the last one off and donate it to the red cross or something...

Sure! Why not. Right now I really can't afford to pay for them, but if you feel like it go right ahead! As long as somewhere on the cartridge you give me some sort of credit I'm fine.

--Dragnerok X

It's $15 a cart right?

I'm debating which would be cheaper, doing it myself or having it professionally done.

Doing it yourself would probably be cheaper, but it would be time consuming. You'd need to buy a large lot of common carts, scrub off the labels, replace the hardware (after burning the EPROMs), reassemble them as the new carts, print the labels (hope you've got a good printer; or at least a good deal from MinuteMan), and apply the labels. And that's without printing a manual or packaging for shipping. :)

...but like Jbanes said, doing it yourself would be cheaper (that is, if you already have an eprom burner) however having a professional do it probably would be quicker+better+easier.

That said, good luck!

I was thinking of having in those clear cases and then putting the labels on them. Then you can look in the back and see the cool board.

I was thinking of having in those clear cases and then putting the labels on them. Then you can look in the back and see the cool board.

Um, do you actually have a supplier? Because I heard (and maybe I heard wrong) that it was becoming increasingly difficult to find newly manufactured shells unless you were ordering large quanities. I suppose you could try buying them out of Al's stock (if he'll part with a few), but otherwise you might have some difficulty.

...but like Jbanes said, doing it yourself would be cheaper (that is, if you already have an eprom burner) however having a professional do it probably would be quicker+better+easier.

That said, good luck!

Sounds good! Now it's about time to make it happen.

;)

I'd be glad to make a run of these carts at $13 each with labels, $16 if you want to use clear carts. But I'd like to make them as a large batch, instead of here and there. I can also ship them out to people for $2.00 each.

..Al

You still have clear cart shells! :-o Wow!

Are you listening A_Username!?!

Edited by Dragnerok X

• 2 weeks later...

I realize it's been a while, but me and A_Username pretty much worked out are cart producing agreement and all we have left to do (besides make the carts!) is have the final binary tested.

Well, here's the pre-production binary. If there's anything wrong with this I'll fix it, but otherwise, this is what will be in the cartridge. Please take some time to test this, I want a nice, polished, final product so if you find a bug tell me. If not, then tell me. Either way your input is highly appreciated.

Atari_OS_112006_v3.bin

Thanks!

:D

Does it have the spinning fuji screensaver?

Michael

Sorry, but I had to eliminate that in order to maintain it's overall stability. If you really want I could re-post the screensaver up here, but in reality, because of the complex sound algorithm I had to implement to fix a mischievious bug of mine ;) I ended up with very little room to do anything with, so that's why it is what it is. Besides, this will give me an excuse to further develop the "screensaver" as a stand alone program.

...Besides, this will give me an excuse to further develop the "screensaver" as a stand alone program...

Speaking of which, not to go too far off topic, I've been playing around with this a bit more and added user control.

3d_vectari.bas.bin

EDIT: I think I've given everyone who wants to enough time to look over Atari OS, right? So, should I get going on producing this?

Edited by Dragnerok X