IGNORED

Atari 2600 GUI

Dragnerok X

I tried the .bin you posted, and it seemed stable, but I didn't put it through any rigorous testing.

Michael

Thanks. I'm sorry that last post got off as a little harsh, but, for a while there, it seemed like you and maybe Jbanes were the only ones with any interest at all so, yeah.

:(

I'll try and tell everyone when the carts will be ready to order, how much will they cost, stuff like that, once I get a message back.

Thanks again, though.

:)

Thanks. I'm sorry that last post got off as a little harsh, but, for a while there, it seemed like you and maybe Jbanes were the only ones with any interest at all so, yeah.

I'm still lurking around. :)

With these sorts of projects, you've always got more interested lurkers than you do active participants. Most everyone has already tried the OS, so now they're just waiting for the carts.

BTW, I'm glad you figured out the sound issue. I was about to ask you for the rest of the source because I couldn't figure out what the snippet was doing! :D

I'm still lurking around. :)

With these sorts of projects, you've always got more interested lurkers than you do active participants. Most everyone has already tried the OS, so now they're just waiting for the carts.

BTW, I'm glad you figured out the sound issue. I was about to ask you for the rest of the source because I couldn't figure out what the snippet was doing! :D

Trust me. I confused myself trying to fix the stupid thing! So I just decided to do the most obvious thing I should have done in the first place, point it to the sound stop code that worked and, using a variable, the stop code determines whether it's coming from the OS or Pong and directs it accordingly. Sneaky, eh? ;)

When I sent the message, though, I noticed he was online, but much to my dismay, once I came back, pow!, he was gone. So I think it may be a few days, maybe even weeks if you count ordering, setup, and fundraising until I get a straight-foward answer. In the meantime, though, I guess I'll find something to do!

Whats the label gonna be?

(i'm thinking either label contest or atariboy, he is such a good artist)

Here is the one I sent him.

post-9847-1164248758_thumb.jpg

Yes, I realize it's pretty generic, boring, etc. I'd have tweak the manual and send a p.m. or two if you give me a new label, but if you have something better don't hesitate to show me.

:)

I haven't tried it, I don't have the hardware to get it to the machine. I'm waiting for the cart. I tend to hang around in the TT/ST area of the forums.

That brings something to mind, what abouta terminal program for it, to talk to a ST/TT(only slightly off-topic)?

Sorry, but a final release is a final release. However, if you have the skills/knowledge/talent to do this go right ahead. This software is pretty much (besides the cartridges, of course) freeware, you know.

;)

BTW - I don't want to generate too much hype and such but it sounds as though this is (at least his run) going to be a limited release. Just thought you might like to know.

Edited by Dragnerok X

• 1 year later...
When is a cart going to be available for it?

There probably won't be. The cart idea somewhat disintegrated as I began working on my current project, Combat DX. However, the rom file is still freely available for those who have Superchargers/Cuttle Carts/Krocodile Carts or just want to run it from Stella. I also realize that the framerate, when opening and closing windows is kind of sketchy when run on real hardware. Once I'm able to free up some time to update this thing for bB 1.0, you should see some improvement (maybe even more than that ;)).

Since you don't want to spend time making carts for it, why don't you see if Atari Age will carry it? This way they deal with cart making, selling, and shipping and we get to buy it.

I would, but isn't there a some expense involved with Atariage (Albert) constantly having to stock it?

Edited by Dragnerok X

Not on your part. I believe Al(Atari Age) deals with the aspect of making and stocking the carts. You have the Rom and the label(that someone has nicely done) so pm Al and see what he has to say. It's a unique and cool enough release that I would think Al would be interested in carrying it.

Edited by Atari Charles

Not on your part.

Really? That's good to know. I'd be more than happy to find some time to polish this off and make a nice presentable, product for the AA store. :) In fact, I've a few ideas for this I've been thinking about trying, lately (more programs, for one). I'll see if I can come up with a nice demo, showing my new direction (well... revised direction), by this weekend.

Edited by Dragnerok X

• 1 year later...