IGNORED

Atari 2600 GUI

Dragnerok X

...does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to improve this?

...anyone? :ponder:

Maybe Atari OS should be an adapter, where you put a cartridge in the adapter's slot, then an icon pops up on you desktop and you can play the game by selecting it. Maybe even multiple slots! (If there is still space) Other than gaming, a simple ''sleep mode'' where the screen turns black until you push fire. And how about a browser that goes the the AtariAge website, so you can download simple games for your Atari OS.

...does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to improve this?

...anyone? :ponder:

Maybe Atari OS should be an adapter, where you put a cartridge in the adapter's slot, then an icon pops up on you desktop and you can play the game by selecting it. Maybe even multiple slots! (If there is still space) Other than gaming, a simple ''sleep mode'' where the screen turns black until you push fire. And how about a browser that goes the the AtariAge website, so you can download simple games for your Atari OS.

That would actually be amazing if it were possible! Set up the equivalent of the NES M82 for an atari!

• 2 months later...

Forget my overly advanced thinking, I thought you worked at AtariAge or something. ;)

Do you know how to program games that use two different controllers? Bucket/Numbermind said that you should use the Keyboard Controller. (A.K.A Keypad Controller) If you could do that, then you should use the Joystick plug into the left slot and function as the mouse (already programmed) and have the Keyboard Controller plug into the right slot and function as the keyboard. It would have to be used like a Keypad on a cellphone though. That way you could add games like Simon, Internet, Typing program, etc.

Are you still working on this? I see that your post is from 2006.

Do you have the latest update as .bin file?

Also, I still think there should be a sleep mode that would save power. Since I think the screensaver would probably just be flashing colors.

Edited by gHan2000

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...