IGNORED

Klony - brand new game for Atari XL/XE

urborg

Hello

There is new game "Klony" available for Atari XL/XE :) . Game come from Poland and it is port of well known logical game for coin up machines called "Ataxx". Game has a great graphics in hi-res and nice music. Levels wchich appers in random order and progressive level of difficulty make it really fun playing. I really recommend this piece of software :D

Download Klony

post-5979-1155274688_thumb.png

post-5979-1155274695_thumb.png

post-5979-1155274700_thumb.png

Edited by urborg

Howdy folks

Why didn't you enter it in the ABBUC Software Contest 2006? Unfortunately, you can't enter it anymore, as you've put it on the internet already. But you could have won 500, 250, 125, 75 or 50 euro's if it would have been among the first five entries. Look here for the rules for the 2006 contest.

BTW, for all those who haven't published their software yet, you have untill the 15th of this month (August 2006) to enter.

Greetings

Mathy

Nicely done, here's my "change" wish - instead of the levels the user can choose to play a single game where the field starts with 2 stones per player starting in each corner, e.g white in top left and bottom right, black in top right and bottom left.

Gameplay seems a little slow, but I can't put my finger on why. Maybe cursor speed?

Regards,

Mark

Edited by Wrathchild

Well done!, cool logic game. It's very nice, but like Heaven said... PM overlays could enhance the Hi-res mode.

Anyway is a great game, congratulations!!!

Mathy: ABBUC members should to post the contest information (rules, new entries, maybe screenshots, etc) in this forum periodically for marketing purpose. Well, I think every contest from anywhere should be announced here.

The game was written in compiled Turbo-Basic XL. As I read, the author said he had too little time and memory for making additional colors, but... it turned out to look not that bad anyway! :P

KLONY wasn't intended to become (another) game for ABBUC's contest - it was done just for fun (and to test programming skills after big break) ! :D

Edited by Dracon

Howdy Dracon

KLONY wasn't intended to become (another) game for ABBUC's contest - it was done just for fun (and to test programming skills after big break) ! :D

If this is "just for fun and to test programming skills after big break", then what can we expect next?

Software doesn't have to be "intended for the ABBUC contest". If you enter it though, the only things you have to do are:

- not publish it before the contest ends.

- send it to the person who's collecting the software for the contest.

Advantages:

- You keep the rights to the software

- You can win money. If your software wins first price, that's 500 euro. IIRC the money you win is converted, if necessary, in the currency of your own country.

BTW 500 euro is slightly more the 625 (yes, sixhundredandtwentyfive) U.S. dollar.

Greetings

Mathy

Four versions, because of two DOSes (DOS II+ and MyDOS) and two versions of CMC player (original and modified by Jaskier/TQA).

Original CMC player has sometimes problems with playing on STEREO upgraded machines. Still - you can try KLONY.ATR file on (un)modified Atari and see how it works.

Edited by miker

...and they suck! Do not expect any REAL production from Poland until you change these rules.

As far as i know author create the game just for fun and that is the reason why he dindn't think about taking part in contest. Rules of the contest have nothing to do with that.

Edited by urborg