IGNORED

What are some of your favorite lesser known MAME games?!

yuppicide

I like War of the Worlds too!

<----------------------------

Only problem is the lack of sound samples, but I just renamed the Star Castle sample set WOTWC.zip (I think that's the name) and use that. I did that because I unzipped the Star Castle set and noticed that all the sample names matched the ones in WOTW. Sounds pretty good to me and heck, for all I know, the sounds ARE the same, as WOTW was a conversion kit for SC.

also, Cosmic Chasm (much better than the Vectrex version, IMHO)

Demon

QB-3

(As you can see, I'm partial to the vector games...)

Wow! I just assumed that the game didn't have sound.

I'm going to try that out right now.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow there's so many, here's a few: Cosmic Avenger, Spiders, Pisces.

Ataxx has come up a few times in this thread. This is a neat game, I remember my local arcade used to have one. The sound was cranked up really loud, and it had this cool synth music that would play throughout the attract mode. A simple game concept made fun by neat music, sound effects, and alien opponents.

I have never played I, Robot before today. It's REALLY good and it's unique.

Here's one I just found that you should try: Neo Geo's The Irritating Maze. I've love to see this in the arcade. It's the first Neo Geo that used a special trackball BIOS. Dedicated cabinets blasted you with air for your mistakes.

The object of the game is simple: Guide the metal rod through the maze and don't touch anything.

I'll keep on promoting Formation Z by Jaleco (released as "Aeroboto" by Williams in the US). I don't know if this counts as a rare game though (as I know next to nothing about arcades), but I believe it is not too well known.

I always was a huge Transformers fan and just having a platform game where you can transform from a 'bot to a jet (and vice-versa) by a touch of a button is great :) .

Double-post, sorry :(

Let me add that I also love Arch Rivals (by Bally Midway) very, very much. It's my favourite game on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (I only play it with another player though, as a 1-player game I find it a bit boring). Not sure if this is an uncommon game though.

Edited by ArcadeAction

• 2 weeks later...