IGNORED

watch out for this piece of s@#$@#% seller

Osbo

cheapgamestuff on eBay. He sent me a stick, paid 99 cents for it, charged me a lot for shipping, came in a re-used free USPS flat rate box, and to top it off, the controller doesn't work with Virtua Tennis, so now I have to sit on it. Of course, paypal took the seller side, so I will never use paypal again, they can go f%$# themselfs.

• Like 1

Well, I think is wrong when I'm charged 15 dollars for S/H, oh and to top it off, the seller owns me 1.24 because he didn't pay enough postage for the box.

Yeah, priority mail boxes are free to start with. Not saying that he didn't rip you off, just that it doesn't make a difference if the box was used or not. I'm curious how he mailed it without sufficient post, though.

Well, I think is wrong when I'm charged 15 dollars for S/H, oh and to top it off, the seller owns me 1.24 because he didn't pay enough postage for the box.

Yeah, priority mail boxes are free to start with. Not saying that he didn't rip you off, just that it doesn't make a difference if the box was used or not. I'm curious how he mailed it without sufficient post, though.

He must have put the postage on himself and then gave the parcel to his mailman. He probably rounded down on the weight instead of up.

This may be a bit of kicking a man when he's down, but you got what you asked for. This guy is one of those sellers that scams people on shipping. Unless you're new to ebay, you should know just by looking at his item and know what he's up to. Sure you can look and say "well...shipping is double what it should be, but overall it's still a good deal", but that's the dumbest line of thinking on the planet and all you do in buying from a skank like this is support him and help pay his bills.

Sorry you got ripped off but from the get-go one look at his gouging practices and you should have moved on.

Edited by jetset

Shipping Information

* We offer combined shipping - 50% off shipping of every other item won and shipped at the same time - (Higher price prevails)

* All orders are processed and shipped within 1 to 2 business days

* All orders will be mailed USPS with Delivery Confirmation unless they weigh over 2 lbs then they will be sent UPS with Tracking

* Some orders may take up to 4 business days depending on stock

* We will only ship to a confirmed address

* We ship to APO's they are treated as continental US with reguards to shipping price

* All Shipping prices are fixed, the price listed is for continental US ONLY!

* We ship to Canada, please Double US Shipping price

* We ship Worldwide, please Triple the shipping price for all other countries

* Please note that shipping price is for shipping and handling

If it seems hard to understand, I steer clear. I cant really tell how much of a discount for multiple here. Every other? it could mean 1st one is Full price, 2nd half price, 3rd full price, etc. I would say stay away from his auctions. Reading their terms gives you a feel for the type of seller they are. I dont like that he just Automaticly doubles the price for Canada and triple for the rest of the world. Just bad policy.

In terms of deals. The prices start low and shipping is not too much.

affraid you are right... I wonder what happended with the new eBay policy about people ripping off with S/H charges :roll:

The problem there is nobody bothers to report stuff. I report shipping scams all the time, but only about half of them get pulled or adjusted. Unfortunately, it's always the "power sellers" and store owners who get away with it most often. Theres no doubt in my mind Ebay hasn't changed thier policy one bit. That's ok..it'll bite them in the ass eventually. They even said shipping scams are the #1 thing that drives buyers away and they're right. And they've already pised off many of the store owners with thier increased fees (which is fine by me, half of them did it to themselves by using shipping to pad thier profits and rip off ebay and thier buyers). I was glad to see at least some sellers (here on AA even) who do in fact overcharge on shipping screaming about closing thier stores because of the new fee hikes. Good. You made your bed, now sleep in it.

Meh...I'm a bit cranky today for some reason. :|

Shipping profiteers - hate 'em!

Here's an example

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-GENESIS-NOMAD-SYS...1QQcmdZViewItem

BUT, here's a reasonable seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Genesis-3-Brand-n...1QQcmdZViewItem

Shipping is actually the first thing I look at considering most sellers on ebay charge $6 for Media Mail delivery of 1 or 2 loose carts (costs them under $2).

I dont understand how he did wrong shipping? You said he put it in a flat rate box. So then shipping is set the same no matter what weight is in the box. Now if the seller used that box and then just did weight and did not cover the flat rate shipping on the box then you would be charged that amount.

Seems like an ass of a seller. Dont blame paypal they are just like a bank you could have mailed a money order and the same thing would have happened.

Shipping profiteers - hate 'em!

Here's an example

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-GENESIS-NOMAD-SYS...1QQcmdZViewItem

BUT, here's a reasonable seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Genesis-3-Brand-n...1QQcmdZViewItem

Shipping is actually the first thing I look at considering most sellers on ebay charge $6 for Media Mail delivery of 1 or 2 loose carts (costs them under $2).

... considering most sellers on ebay charge $6 for Media Mail delivery of 1 or 2 loose carts (costs them under $2).

And video game carts don't even qualify for media mail.

That must be "USPS FIRST CLASS" mail - or rather "SNAIL MAIL LOITERING IN SOME MIDWEST POST OFFICE WAREHOUSE FOR A WEEK" as I fondly call it.

Shipping profiteering has become the ticket for that elusive second income when those sellers charge the $6 for a $1.50 mailer envelope and manage to sell quantity auctions.

For me, it's Priority Mail in a box or BUST!

• 4 years later...

cheapgamestuff on eBay. He sent me a stick, paid 99 cents for it, charged me a lot for shipping, came in a re-used free USPS flat rate box, and to top it off, the controller doesn't work with Virtua Tennis, so now I have to sit on it. Of course, paypal took the seller side, so I will never use paypal again, they can go f%$# themselfs.

I bought from them one time. They shorted me some of the cords I bought, some of the cords were broken, and while they did refund for the missing cords, they would not replace/refund the broken cords or overcharge on shipping (they charge shipping for each item, if the item was never sent why did I get a refund only for the missing object!?). This seller has been on my crap list for over a year now.

AX

I bought from them one time. They shorted me some of the cords I bought, some of the cords were broken, and while they did refund for the missing cords, they would not replace/refund the broken cords or overcharge on shipping (they charge shipping for each item, if the item was never sent why did I get a refund only for the missing object!?). This seller has been on my crap list for over a year now.

AX

Holy 5 year bump Batman!

I purchased an Innovation Dreamcast joystick from them several months ago. When it arrived, the stick itself didn't work. I emailed them and they offered for me to ship it back and they would send me another, or pay $5 and receive another stick, or pay $10 and receive two more sticks. I went with getting another two sticks thinking that at least ONE would have to work. Errr, wroooooong. Another stick was faulty, with the actual joystick not working (the buttons were fine), and the last worked barely, with massive delays and microswitches that constantly got stuck. All of this product was marked "NEW", mind you. There were Electronics Boutique price tags on each one however, and I still hold that they were probably selling defective/returned product from ten years ago. :thumbsdown:

*Edit: This is the one, by the way: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1806295899521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180629589952&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

**Double Edit: Remember that old company "Innovation"? Manufacturer of cheap videogame accessories in the '90s and on? I think CheapGameStuff is them. I remember the sticks being shipped in Innovation boxes, not to mention their website is http://innovation1.com/. Something to think about, unless "Innovation" merged with another peripheral maker, or went under and this company is borrowing their name. It does say though, "Cheap Game Stuff provided by Innovation Technologies".