IGNORED

Cartridge shell demand

Zonie

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is there an interest in a run of cart shells? Which type?

• NES

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Heh

I would like to see NES carts. I can't get used cart locally anymore since most of them stopped carrying NES and those that still do, price them by eBay rate. I don't want to pay $5 for a Duck Hunt/SMB cart just for the shell.

However demand won't be high until someone can mass produce useable EPROM capatiable boards since it's also a PITA it desolder and remove 2 old ROM chips, modify EPROM chips, and solder them in. There's no room for socket inside a cart case so there's no room for error.

Do dump the old grey. Aside from the 2 Zelda game (black with gold paint), I don't think any licensed NES cart came in anything beside grey. Famicom carts came in just about every colors and even transparent colors.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For $130,000 you can buy your own CNC machine and make molds all day long for the cost of material. Someone was trying to take you for a ride

No, the 4 nozzle that was required to reduce waste. Each cost $20,000. I needed 2 of them. That would have been a quarter of the cost. The design of the mold was for > 1,000,000 units. Guaranteed to 100,000 units. Now, if I was only using it for a few hundred or thousand units, I would cut corners and go cheap. Also the $130,000 was for 3 molds in total. 2 of which would have been a 2+2 cavity mold. I doubt I am getting taken for a ride since I got 3 quotes and 2 of them in the US was only 10,000 apart. The quote from China was $75,000.

Tell me how much it would cost to make the item below.

post-7833-1169776417_thumb.jpg

Edited by Almost Rice

• 2 weeks later...

For $130,000 you can buy your own CNC machine and make molds all day long for the cost of material. Someone was trying to take you for a ride

No, the 4 nozzle that was required to reduce waste. Each cost $20,000. I needed 2 of them. That would have been a quarter of the cost. The design of the mold was for > 1,000,000 units. Guaranteed to 100,000 units. Now, if I was only using it for a few hundred or thousand units, I would cut corners and go cheap. Also the $130,000 was for 3 molds in total. 2 of which would have been a 2+2 cavity mold. I doubt I am getting taken for a ride since I got 3 quotes and 2 of them in the US was only 10,000 apart. The quote from China was $75,000.

Tell me how much it would cost to make the item below.

WTF is that?

• 2 weeks later...

How come you only got it made for smaller boobs? (serious question) I'm sure my wife would love one of those but she is a 38 DD and that thing would be lucky to hold one of the cups let alone trying to get 2 in there :lol:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Hello All,

I was thinking of making a new type of Atari 2600 cart shell, one that would be more portable for the people who own portable Atari 2600's or just want to be able to carry alot of carts. I did this photoshop picture to show what it would look like:

Actual Cart Size:

shell.jpg

Board Size:

chip.jpg

Minicart Size

minicart.jpg

The shell would just snap around any board removed from a standard cart and would just pop into your Atari. I looked into the cost and it's about Ten Grand to make the mold and about .50 per unit so there would have to be a huge demand in order to justify the cost.

Would anyone be interested in these type of carts?

Edited by usinoh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...