IGNORED

Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins

intvgene

New Ghouls N Ghosts News Link

Here's a summary:

Capcom is making an all-new (not a port or remake), 2D Ghouls 'n Ghosts game for PSP. It's titled Goku Makaimura (Extreme Ghouls 'N Ghosts in English).

Extreme will look and play similar to past GNG titles, but there are some new features. GNG is a side-scrolling platformer that has lots of nasty enemies and even nastier jumps to master. As you progress through Extreme, you'll be able to earn new abilities, such as double jumping, flying, and various magic spells, as well as new weapons.

Another feature new to the series is open-endedness. In previous titles, there was one set path you had to take. Extreme will have multiple branches you can take throughout the levels, as well as warp points which can take you back to previous levels, so that you can get items previously inaccessible to you (think Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but not quite as open-ended).

I'm hoping Capcom doesn't mess this one up. :lust:

I'm sure that there will be an American release... it's just early still, so you hear the customary "there are no plans for a North American release". I'm sure that it will arrive here sooner or later.

It also looks like Tokurou Fujiwara, the director of the orignal game is involved, so it shouldn't be a bastard child.

BTW, there are some pics floating around the net. Some can be found at PSPUpdates.com

post-1441-1125575700_thumb.jpg

Now that's something that might actually make me get a PSP.

923268[/snapback]

I agree! I love Ghouls N Ghosts! And that screen shot is just.... :lust:

But on the other hand....why couldn't this game be released on the PS2 instead. I wasn't planing to get a PSP :roll:

For handheld gaming im using my Atari Lynx. It's still the best portable system! :D

Best version of the original Ghouls n' ghosts was the supergrafx one. Anyway, I was a hug fan of the franchise and its suprising difficulty, so I might have to pick up a psp now.

As for region protection on the psp: it will play all imports. Just expect a few glitches every now and then.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I originally bought the PSP for a few select titles and then I heard about Ultimate G&G... unfortunately, the PSP is not for me and I sold it.

Ult G&G is doing poorly in Japan? That doesn't bode well for the PSP or the future of G&G games. This is one title I wanted to get.

I don't think it says much about the future of the psp but you're right things aren't looking up for GNG and that's a shame.

I originally bought the PSP for a few select titles and then I heard about Ultimate G&G... unfortunately, the PSP is not for me and I sold it.

Ult G&G is doing poorly in Japan? That doesn't bode well for the PSP or the future of G&G games. This is one title I wanted to get.

I don't think it says much about the future of the psp but you're right things aren't looking up for GNG and that's a shame.

On the plus side though... if the PSP loses steam and has some price cuts I may end up with another one in the future. If Sony drops the PSP in the next year, there may be some cheap systems and games to be found. That would work for me.

Perhaps Ult GNG will get ported to another console if sales are poor.

Well, GNG would be fine if it were an actual BEATABLE game!

Remember the NES game? You had to beat the game TWICE in order to complete it? Hell, I could barely get past the graveyard!

I'll agree it had some tough spots (little red devil at the end of the graveyard and the town ogres were both a pain) but I did beat it way back when.

I never did get wrapped up in the 2 sequels though... I was excited about them but never really spent much time with them. (All the GNG's are on the Capcom Collection disks right?)

Well.. the japanese version has been out and playable for a while now. I've gotten to about the 3rd stage or so.. it's pretty hard. And I've beaten every single G&G game out there. (although I still struggle with the first one). If you clear a spot, the enemies like the hands just keep on coming right at you for example. I like how you can power up and get stuff like the double jump and whatnot.

Anyway.. it seems cool. But I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with it like I was with some of the earlier ones.

im with everyone else hoping for a PS2 port. most of the games for psp look just basicly like small versions of ps2 games which makes it pointless to go out ,and get the system when you already have a portable (DS). I'm really interested in UGnG as well as another 2D/3D retro game coming to PSP Earthworm Jim. I guess ill just have to get Capcom Collection to get my GnG fix. Plus with more ,and more ports of PSP games coming to PS2 (GTA LCS, Lumnies, and Tokobot.) it also makes the PSP less tempting. Although Death Jr, Daxter, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Medievil ,and a few others look fun. Maybe once the PSP drops to a 99 price point ill grab it. Unless i find it at that pawn shop on the cheap like i found my PS2