IGNORED

Peterson 320K Upgrade and MyDos Ramdisk?

Larry

I just finished this upgrade in an XE; the second one I've done. The first was many years ago, so I don't remember much about it. This upgrade passes the Newell memory test program, but things still don't appear quite right. The problem is the ramdisk. If the ramdisk gets close to being full, MyDos 4.50 writes over the ramdisk directory. I've tried both the XE and Newell page sequences with similar results. Does anyone have any additional info or programs that could help me diagnose this probelm? Thanks. -Larry

Got it! I checked the wiring one against the other and no differences, but I gave each of the connections a "tug" test and one popped off way too easily. Re-soldered it, and all is well with the ramdisk. I'm still not sure how it passed the ram test, but can only assume I had an "intermittent" connection. -Larry

Yeah I also suggest SatanTronic's X-RAM test program because it will show you the actual staic condition of just about any bank of extended ram that could possibly be hooked to a PIA register. It even supports upgrades up to 2 megs if Im not mistaken.

Also with the Petersen upgrade, I reccomend installing a switch so that you can "downshift" to 192k and regain separate antic and CPU access for the (few but cool as hell) demos that require it.

Hi Ken-

>Yeah I also suggest SatanTronic's X-RAM test program because it will show you the actual staic condition of just about any bank of extended ram that could possibly be hooked to a PIA register. It even supports upgrades up to 2 megs if Im not mistaken.<

Thanks! I had not heard of the X-RAM program. I'll check it out.

-Larry