IGNORED

How many lynx games do you have?

ganonbanned

A complete set (most boxed), plus the Blue Lightning Demo cart, and the Eye of the Beholder prototype. I also have the Lynx I and II and all the accessories. About the only things I'm missing are those little pins that they were giving out at one point.

Actually I just noticed I'm missing that sound utility that Songbird put out at one point and that CGE picture slideshow. Not games, but still carts that I'm missing.

Tempest

Well my family hasn't quite settled who if anyone gets all the Lynx stuff. I think I'm giving my brother the Jaguar (his) and the Jag CD drive (mine), so that might mean I get the Lynxes. In my household we had three: One Lynx I rev a (8 direction pad), one Lynx I rev b (4 direction pad) and one Lynx II. There's only one working AC adapter left, but the Lynx I's can't use it or the one remaining battery pack anymore (loose adapter plugs). I think my mother pitched the car adapter some years back. Both Lynx I's power up fine with batteries, however. I haven't found any of the Comlynx cables, nor have I found Robotron, which my brother swears he owned. We also have one Lynx I SunVisor, and a piece of the Lynx II model (the front panel, with the Atari logo). His copy of Rygar also got bent and cracked behind/under a bed some years back, and is now useless. There's also three full size official Atari Lynx bags - one is the one I took to Germany, decorated with German stickers. One is my brother's, undecorated, and the third I keep Mac formatted Firewire hard drives in (long story). There's also at least one of the smaller official soft cases, designed for the length of the Lynx I.

I believe we have nine pairs of cartridges: Shanghai, Paperboy, Slime World, Gauntlet, California Games, Zarlor Mercenary, Crystal Mines II, Shadow of the Beast and Warbirds.

Unique single copies, we have 31, for a grand total of 40 working games.

Edited by JohnBuell

I was at one time collecting heavily for the Lynx; I had well over 80 games and most of the accessories. Eventually I had to condense my collection for space purposes ("space purposes" meaning free space in my living area, not meaning outer space like Asteroids Deluxe or something), so the vast majority of my Lynx collection (including the Blue Lightning demo, Fat Bobby, S.I.M.I.S., Alpine Games and a few uninteresting prototypes) went up for sale on eBay. Congratulations to whomever won those auctions.

Now, I have only five games for the Lynx:

Double Dragon, Ms. Pacman, Qix, Robotron 2084 and Toki.

I'm still rather unhealthily obsessed with the Lynx, nevertheless... which can be a good thing... allegedly.

We have a pinned Lynx proto thread over at JS2 complete with screenshots of most of the games too.

sorry that doesnt make things any clearer lol ,where + what is JS2 ?

Jaguar Sector 2 is a very cool Atari Forum where I am also a moderator - Click on the LINK

I see you are in the UK! My entire collection will also be at Jagfest UK once gain this year next month in Warrington, Lancs (near where you live!). See this LINK

Edited by mr.kizza

Jaguar Sector 2 is a very cool Atari Forum where I am also a moderator - Click on the LINK

Or for some REAL fun on that forum...and some interesting views.. try clicking this LINK

Still waiting for those "proof" screenshots you promised... :ponder:

You see the problem is this. Rather than keeping your head down and your mouth shut , you still insist on acting like the victim in this , instead of someone who has clearly insulted the intelligence of every reader of this ( and the WOS for that matter ) forum. You want to keep calling us trolls ? Then I'll damn well act like one ! It was last months joke me old china....pretty much done and dusted as far as we were concerned.... and you've just made it topic of the week again :)

PS: For those who dont know... its about THIS little adventure into Kizzas super honest software career.

Or THIS to show you how us "Trolls" got involved in the first place.

Oh and by the way Keiron.. Apart from the mail I sent to JaySmith explaining the reasons for (cough) Steve Davises post (including links) I Just want to warn you... you pull that post... I'll stick more back up pal , untill everyone on JSII knows exactly what you tried to pull. That jagfest forum is looking real tempting too I'd say. And as for this "insulting" PM stuff you claim ? Well if thats true its regretable but hardly unexpected going by the way you dismiss people in the above thread. The only insults I can see in that thread are by YOU in fact. And you certainly have'nt had a PM from me ,not even a nice one with kisses in it.. so dont even go there mate. ;)

See what happens ?.. You shout "Troll" loud enough.. and a REAL one turns up one day on your door and bites you on the ass :twisted:

Thanks for the link to JS2!

Carry on reading that thread, you might just start to see the real truth! :ponder:

Oh you are most welcome.

And yeah... posting links to some screenshots of ST games/pictures that noone has denied you wrote sure as hell PROVES that you had games published by software companys and magazines as covertapes on the ZX Spectrum platform. Of course it does... on the planet La La... :D

What a silly little boy you are Kieron :roll:

me... well none. I did meet someone at the midwest gaming classic, who had multiple lynx/lynx II's, and every game, unreleased game, and demo.

Does anybody know who that guy is? He had a really cool Lynx collection. His display actually got me to buy a Lynx again, I forgot how much I missed having one.

BTW - I have around a dozen games or so.

Keep the thread on topic please, or I'm gonna have to start cracking heads... Capisce?

Tempest

Agreed. Firstly, the magazine article will speak for itself. At this moment in time, AA has done nothing wrong and have acted admirably throughout. This will be reflected in the article (and hence some free publicity!)

I would ask that the WoS guys try to refrain from the kizza baiting. You all know from my moderating that I am easy going, but it's not fair to let this continue here anymore. Both the WoS forums and the AA forums are better than that.

Thanks..

Keep the thread on topic please, or I'm gonna have to start cracking heads... Capisce?

Tempest

Agreed. Firstly, the magazine article will speak for itself. At this moment in time, AA has done nothing wrong and have acted admirably throughout. This will be reflected in the article (and hence some free publicity!)

I would ask that the WoS guys try to refrain from the kizza baiting. You all know from my moderating that I am easy going, but it's not fair to let this continue here anymore. Both the WoS forums and the AA forums are better than that.

Thanks..

Yeah sorry Tempest.. just got a little pissed off when I saw that he had started the name calling again over on JSII.

Not like me really :)