IGNORED

Nolan Bushnell Signature Series Atari 7800 Console on eBay!

Albert

• 1 year later...

Here is another one on ebay, but the grey version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330233565355

Mark DiLuciano just listed up on eBay a prototype Nolan Bushnell Signature Series Atari 7800 console up on eBay. This 7800 has a pre-production off-white console housing featuring Nolan Bushnell's signature, with the guts of a normal 7800 inside. Very vew of these were made and it's unlikely you'll see more up for auction! New 7800 PCBs were made for this project (designed by Mark), but only one board was ever populated. I'm not sure why this project never saw fruition. You can find the auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=320024240279

Here are some pictures (linked with permission):

7800_1.jpg

7800_2.jpg

7800_3.jpg

7800_4.jpg

7800_5.jpg

7800_6.jpg

7800_7.jpg

7800_8.jpg

7800_9.jpg

7800_10.jpg

..Al

I asked in the auction thread also, Are those actual proto guts in that shell or just an old retail 7800 pcb hardwired?

Sorry for the late reply. I am 90% sure it's an original 7800 pcb inside the case, but the case cannot be opened without removing a film covering the screws. The system worked, so I never wanted to dismantle it.

I asked in the auction thread also, Are those actual proto guts in that shell or just an old retail 7800 pcb hardwired?

Sorry for the late reply. I am 90% sure it's an original 7800 pcb inside the case, but the case cannot be opened without removing a film covering the screws. The system worked, so I never wanted to dismantle it.

Those things pop right off. Heck I can see from the pics on ebay one of them has a hole threw it already. Anyhow ya, they come right off and it won't damage them. They are of no importance anyhow as they are not even part of the proto, someone must have just stuck those on there.

Edited by Shawn Sr.