IGNORED

Boxed 2600, 2800, 5200, Vectrex up on eBay!

Albert

I'm helping Mark DiLuciano put some classic gaming stuff up on eBay. We just listed four boxed systems:

Boxed Atari 2600:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boxed-Atari-2600-Syste...1QQcmdZViewItem

Boxed Japanese Atari 2800:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2800-System-Boxe...1QQcmdZViewItem

Boxed Atari 5200:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boxed-4-Port-Atari-520...1QQcmdZViewItem

Boxed Vectrex w/Ripoff and 3-in-1 Multicart:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boxed-Vectrex-System-w...1QQcmdZViewItem

There's no reserve on any of these auctions and they all started at a penny. :)

..Al

I'm 2 days waiting for a quote on shipping for the 2800, just to let you know... thx,

Hi Tom,

The shipping price for International shipping is CLEARLY posted on the auction site.

I get 250 emails a day with auction questions, and as a rule, I do not respond to questions

that are CLEARLY answered in the eBay auction.

Thanks for your interest.

Mark

I'm 2 days waiting for a quote on shipping for the 2800, just to let you know... thx,

Hi Tom,

The shipping price for International shipping is CLEARLY posted on the auction site.

I get 250 emails a day with auction questions, and as a rule, I do not respond to questions

Mark

You didn't answer my eBay question on shipping from Ohio to Ohio being $20 for some Commodore stuff. Who needs UPS Next Day for this kind of stuff anyways? Why force someone to such expensive shipping? That's just rude.

For the lot I'm looking at, shipping should be no more than $5-7, and that's if you don't use Media Rate, which would be $3 tops. This lot isn't even worth $20 shipped.

The only item I'm interested in that lot is that "I am the C64", and just to get the plastic case to replace one I have that's cracked.

So, how is my question CLEARLY answered in the auction?

Hi Tom,

Mark

You didn't answer my eBay question on shipping from Ohio to Ohio being $20 for some Commodore stuff. Who needs UPS Next Day for this kind of stuff anyways? Why force someone to such expensive shipping? That's just rude.

For the lot I'm looking at, shipping should be no more than $5-7, and that's if you don't use Media Rate, which would be $3 tops. This lot isn't even worth $20 shipped.

The only item I'm interested in that lot is that "I am the C64", and just to get the plastic case to replace one I have that's cracked.

Shipping is $20.00. I am not sending ANYTHING through the Post Office!

Have you ever tried to file a claim with the Post Office? Or stood in line for an hour waiting for service?

I would rather have needles stuck in my eye than have to deal with the Post Office and the time I will

waste shipping your package through them.

We have UPS pick up every day and that is how I am shipping it. If you are not happy with the

terms of the auction, I suggest you do not bid.

One other option is you can pick the items up, and then your shipping will be ZERO!

Hopefully this is clear enough for you to understand.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Tom,

Mark

Shipping is $20.00. I am not sending ANYTHING through the Post Office!

Have you ever tried to file a claim with the Post Office? Or stood in line for an hour waiting for service?

I would rather have needles stuck in my eye than have to deal with the Post Office and the time I will

waste shipping your package through them.

We have UPS pick up every day and that is how I am shipping it. If you are not happy with the

terms of the auction, I suggest you do not bid.

One other option is you can pick the items up, and then your shipping will be ZERO!

Hopefully this is clear enough for you to understand.

Thanks,

Mark

I won't bid - no problem -- hopefully that is clear enough for you to understand?

Since you're so hell-bent on UPS, then why not ground? Or 2nd day, or even 3 day select? Why do you insist on raping your bidders by forcing them to pay for overnight shipping if they don't want it? Who benefits from that?

I'm not saying something won't happen through the post office, but a package can get lost or damaged by any shipper, even our beloved UPS.

The statement about spending time in the post office is complete B.S. The post office will send you free supplies for priority mail, you can buy the postage online, and they'll pick it up for free. There's no line to speak of.

Since you're so hell-bent on UPS, then why not ground? Or 2nd day, or even 3 day select? Why do you insist on raping your bidders by forcing them to pay for overnight shipping if they don't want it? Who benefits from that?

This was a mistake on my part, I listed this auction and accidently picked the "UPS Overnight" option instead of "UPS Ground". The software is pretty heavy as the two Word Writers have heavy manuals.. The weight of the package is 6 pounds. I revised the auction and lowered the shipping to $15, as this is what it will cost to ship the package to California.

..Al

This was a mistake on my part, I listed this auction and accidently picked the "UPS Overnight" option instead of "UPS Ground". The software is pretty heavy as the two Word Writers have heavy manuals.. The weight of the package is 6 pounds. I revised the auction and lowered the shipping to $15, as this is what it will cost to ship the package to California.

..Al

Thanks -- that's a more humane response. However, not everyone lives in CA.

I never understood, and probably never will, the reasoning behind making someone within a couple hundred or so miles pay the same for shipping as someone several thousand miles away. After all, every shipper has a sliding scale based on distance, weight, and size of the package.