IGNORED

Save Key Review

pmpddytim

I use my savekey all the time. There are a decent amount of homebrews that use it, but I have a few favorites I keep going back to. Having the savekey is what probably kept me interested in some of the games. I like being able to go back and try to beat my high score. I love the look of the savekey too. I feel like it's something Tom Baker would have pulled out of his pocket on Doctor Who.

Tom Baker's voice,

"Have a Jelly Baby.. Oh, wait, that's my savekey." :grin:

I did one small modification to mine. I found with the bright blue LED, I would often be looking at the savekey, instead of the TV. I took a small 1x1 mm square of aluminum tape and placed it on clear plastic, directly over the LED. Now the entire thing has a nice blue glow, but it's not as distracting. :thumbsup: I also have a padded case I repurposed for my Harmony Cart and I cut out a bit of the foam to make a little compartment for my savekey. Now both items are kept safe when I'm not using them.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I now have SaveKeys in the AtariAge Store, for anyone interested. It's great to have one of these if you play homebrew games on the 2600 and 7800, as quite a few now support the SaveKey and AtariVox to store information (mostly high scores, but some games use them to store progress and/or save settings as well).

You can find it here:

AtariAge Store: SaveKey

Here's a list of games that will work with the SaveKey:

Atari 2600:

Atari 7800:

For those waiting on the AtariVox+, I expect to have those available again in the store soon, to coincide with the release of Wizard of Wor Arcade. :)

..Al

• Like 5