IGNORED

The Characters in Double Dragon look so POOR.

pocketmego

I don't mean the characters in DD are badly rendered. No, I mean they look like street urchins. Just about no one in that game is wearing shoes and everyone from the hero down the line of villains looks like they are wearing rags.

What kind of awful urban nightmare city do they live in?

Maybe they should stop fighting and go get jobs or something.

Get some kind of financial aid for Abobo, get the big guy a shirt.

Poor, miserable, wretches.

-Ray

Edited by pocketmego

Yeah -- I always thought the characters look like they were tossed together in a hurry. The Abobos are repurposed wrestlers in Imagineering/Absolute's TITLE MATCH wresting. and Jimmy Lee looks the same as the hoods he fights.

Really, not the most quality effort, though I did finds the game fun and some of the levels look better than others.

Welcome to the tragic world of the 7800. Many of the later titles were also done on other systems, and the 7800 versions seemed almost like afterthoughts that nobody really put much effort into.

I'm glad that homebrewers are finally starting to care about the system and are developing games that show what it can really do.

I still stand by Double Dragon 7800 as being one of the better titles for the system. Bugs and all, I proudly own and play Double Dragon.

I find it fun, (many) warts and all. But after playing COMMANDO, I wish Activision gave Sculptured Software the job instead of Imagineering. ;-)

After Commando I wish Sculptured Software did ALL of the 7800's games..

You're complaining about crappy graphics? Why not craft some fake screenshots to suggest how Double Dragon should look like.

If you read my original post thoroughly, you'll find I never once complained about the crappy graphics. People took the thread in that direction. My statement was very matter of fact. Everyone in the game litterally looks like street urchins. They are all wearing rags and none of them own shoes.

It's like a poverty rowe production of Double Dragon. If you want me to do mock screenshots of the characters wearing shoes, I doubt that would be anything but INCREDIBLY amusing.

-Ray

Edited by pocketmego

You're complaining about crappy graphics? Why not craft some fake screenshots to suggest how Double Dragon should look like.

If you read my original post thoroughly, you'll find I never once complained about the crappy graphics. People took the thread in that direction. My statement was very matter of fact. Everyone in the game litterally looks like street urchins. They are all wearing rags and none of them own shoes.

It's like a poverty rowe production of Double Dragon. If you want me to do mock screenshots of the characters wearing shoes, I doubt that would be anything but INCREDIBLY amusing.

-Ray

Well the point with fake screenshots is to demostrate how much better that could look. Then somebody can look at it and make a hack out of it.

Didn't Imagineering also do Bubsy for the Jag. That game has some of the shittiest collision detection and death sequences on earth. If that was them, glad to see that they're consistent in turning out crap for Atari.

I think you're thinking of Imagitec.

Me thinks you're correct. Oops! And Bubsy collision detect still sucks! :twisted: