IGNORED

How many Atari fans own Dreamcasts???

CaliColts

I have one, but I must say that I was disappointed by it. I always viewed it as a game console that was marginally better than a PS with much improved texturing capabilities and better polygon handling ability.

Shenmue was probably the DC's best game. The rest are pretty forgettable.

I bought my Japanese Dreamcast two weeks before the U.S. launch. Never regretted it.

Here's my recommendations based on what I actually own:

JAPANESE

• Biohazard - Code: Veronica

Capcom vs. SNK 2

Giant Gram 2000: All Japan Pro Wrestling 3

Godzilla Generations

The House of the Dead 2

The King of Fighters - Dream Match 1999

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Sengoku Turb

Shenmue - Chapter 1: Yokosuka

SoulCalibur

Space Channel 5

Street Fighter Zero 3

Zombie Revenge

EUROPEAN

• Millennium Soldier - Expendable

US

• Cannon Spike

Centipede

Project Justice

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica

Seaman

Shenmue

Space Channel 5

Sports Jam

Virtua Tennis

Some are personal favorites, others solid titles for anyone. (And, yes, I do have both versions of several games.)

You also need to go to DCVision, a division of ConsoleVision and check out all the neat DC things going on there. Burning self-boot discs that can play DiVX and mpeg files is too cool.

Dirk?  No, that can't be Dirk.  Uh-uh.  No, that's not Dirk.  No.

I just bought a used one yesterday for adding to my collection of Segas.

Cool machine it seems and mine is a modified to play Japanese titles as well

Have only 4 games with it: the obvious ChuChuRocket - Crazy Taxi and two Japanese ones: F355 Challenge and Super Monaco Grand Prix

Oh man I can't believe Rindle is the only one who mentioned Soul Calibre.

This was the game that made me decide to purchase my first Sega System... The Dreamcast. (Actually I have the Master System that I won in a huge lot with a ton of games...But I have yet to really play it!!)

Other under-appreciated games that I love:

ShadowMan: Man I love this game. I just got part 2 for PS2 and I think the first one on DC beats it!

Omikron: Another cool game. I think the designers tried to cram too much into this game. It was ported from the PC. Try it!!!

Gauntlet Legends: Sure its repeditive...But so much fun.

Hey Adrian, considering you only like one console (I think Adrian is Bill Gates incognito) I hope no one is considering listening to your opinion on any other system. BTW: What did you compare systems to as a bases for bitching prior to the year 2001?

Proud owner of a Dreamcast (As well as an Atari 2600 and 7800 owner :-)

I own 25 different titles.

quote:

I have one, but I must say that I was disappointed by it. I always viewed it as a game console that was marginally better than a PS with much improved texturing capabilities and better polygon handling ability.

I *STRONGLY* disagree. Try any of these:

-Crazy Taxi

-Gauntlet Legends (Arcade Perfect)!

-NFL 2K1(2)

-Resident Evil: Code Veronica

-San Francisco Rush 2049 (Better than Arcade Perfect)!

-Rayman 2

-Soul Calibur (See note above :-)

Shame the Dreamcast died (commercially). IMHO, it's as good (and better in some cases) than a PS2. Sega's marketing stunk pass the 16-bit Genesis days. After the Genesis, everything went downhill marketing-wise.

I have one. Love it.

Favorite games..

Crazy Taxi

Crazy Taxi 2

Mr. Driller

Bust-a-Move 4

Ready To Rumble

Sega Swirl

I'm up to 41 titles now, most are sealed and will probably stay that way. If a game looks interesting, I'll try to find a dupe of it or a used copy to play.

I thought the DC was one mean RPG machine with classics like Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II, Evolutions 1&2, Time Stalkers, and Record of Lodoss War.

Sega's arcade ports definitely added to the value of the system, as well as original titles like Seaman and Jet Set Radio. It's a shame that Sega didn't have enough faith in themselves to at least try to stand against the PS2. They gave up way too early.

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

Must just kill him that a lot of DC titles are being coverted over to the Xbox, huh?

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned these games:

Dead Or Alive 2 - This is my favorite fighting game ever, and I bought Soul Caliber after I kept hearing it was better, and I disagree with that. A lot of people think that from the looks of this game it is just a show-of-the-bouncy-boobies game, but underneath that is the most rock solid fighting game I have ever played. Each fighter has a completely different style, and they all are amazingly balanced.

Mars Matrix - If you are into 2D shooters at all, this game is incredible. The game definitely involves skill (something a lot of the newer shooters seem to have forgot about) and has a million different things to unlock by way of earning points. Dang was this a great purchase!

Bangai-O - Much like Mars Matrix, but this is a different style of 2D fighter. It is hard to explain, but it is one of the best shooting games by way of skill and exploration to have come out in recent memory.

Sega GT - An absolutely mind-bogglingly well done racer. While some people like Metropoliton Street Racer more (which I personally have and think is boring), I have to go with Sega GT. And I love it!

Jet Grind Radio - They took out of the XBox version a lot of the things that I feel made this game so wonderful. An absolute blast.

As for the games that I have bought that I do not like...

Blue Stinger - I have a post '99 Dreamcast, so the game won't boot. 'nough said.

Coaster Works - I am a real-life coaster guy (I work on one at an amusement park, for goshs sake!) and this game is no better than the game Coaster for the computer that Disney Interactive released in... 1990? 1989? Slightly better in graphics, but much duller in execution.

Any Wrestling Game - I don't usually watch wrestling of any type, but I have always enjoyed wrestling games. Unfortunately, all of the wrestling games for the Dreamcast (with the possible exception of WWF Royal Rumble) have two things in common. 1. They were made by Akklaim and 2. They suck. Bad.

Maximum Pool - It looked like a lot of fun (I'm a sucker for these types of games) but it is executed so poorly, it is incredible.

KISS Psycho Circus - It looks great, it plays well, but it controls horribly. Why is it that the analog is used to look and to turn left and right? It makes it so that turning to face an enemy to my right makes me look at the floor and die. Argh.

*whew* I think that is enough about that for now from me!

[ 03-30-2002: Message edited by: GOAT Dan ]