IGNORED

Are there any games in your collection for systems you don't own?

Rhindle The Red

Are there any games in your collection for systems you don't own?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Are there any games in your collection for systems you don't own?

• Yes, lots.
    • Yes, a few.
    • No, but there have been.
    • No, never.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Yeah I have a few games for systems I dont own... Usually when I buy a bulk lot and there are a couple mixed in. I only sell games I personally test.. so without the system, I dont sell them. I do however usually get the system, and then sell that too... It's a great way to earn extra dough to buy my own toys and add to my personal collection.

I know off the top of my head I have Texas Instruments "Hunt The Wumpus"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yup, own original tapes for the following games for the ZX Spectrum:

Bubble Bobble

Pac-Mania

Gauntlet: The Deeper Dungeons

Marble Madness Deluxe /w Construction Set

Pole Position

Werewolf Simulator

Starquake

Pitfall II: Lost Caverns

Ghosts 'n' Goblins

Also have quite a few cartridges for the NES, as mine is broken (numerous games won't boot, and the only two that have: Arkanoid and SMB/DuckHunt glitch to the point where I cannot start a game).

Well, since this thread got resurrected (funny how often that happens around here)...

For a long time I had several Atari 7800 games without having a system. I bought a bunch of the O'Shea titles when they were 80 cents, then I spent about 2 years looking for a system that was cheap enough and in good enough condition for me, with a box.

I think that was the last time that I've been in that situation.

Well, since this thread got resurrected (funny how often that happens around here)...

For a long time I had several Atari 7800 games without having a system. I bought a bunch of the O'Shea titles when they were 80 cents, then I spent about 2 years looking for a system that was cheap enough and in good enough condition for me, with a box.

I think that was the last time that I've been in that situation.

80 cents :lust: :lust: how long ago was that??? they're around 10-15 now

Yup, own original tapes for the following games for the ZX Spectrum:

Bubble Bobble

Pac-Mania

Gauntlet: The Deeper Dungeons

Marble Madness Deluxe /w Construction Set

Pole Position

Werewolf Simulator

Starquake

Pitfall II: Lost Caverns

Ghosts 'n' Goblins

If you ever want to off-load them just let me know.....

• 5 weeks later...

On the earlier mention of the Colecovision/Atari resemblance, I have a Donkey Kong for Colecovision and no system on which to play it.

I also have a few Sega Genesis carts, but maybe that doesn't count anymore, since I have one on the way from Dusk2600 :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I started doing that when I was 16 -- stockpiling games in advance, for systems I didn't own yet. Back when GameStop still had CIB NES, SNES and Genesis games, I picked 'em up. When the video stores in the area dumped their 8- and 16-bit stock... I was there. When the Sega Master System was just a minor niche market on eBay... I got some good games. The rest of my family -- particularly my brother -- found fault with me "buying games I couldn't play." I would play them, soon enough...

Back in 1988, we sold our first SMS to get an NES, and in 1991, we sold that same NES to get a Super Nintendo (which is, oddly enough, the system I've had for the longest. Hard to believe it was once $200 in price.) I was determined, however, to build back collections for the NES and SMS. It took me years to get my hands on replacement systems, but I finally did. (To this day, I regret not picking up that CIB Mega Man for $19.99, back in 2000...)

I also collect arcade PCBs, even though I don't have cabinets to put them in. My most recent score was "Shootout" (Data East, 1985), with its marquee.

And by the way, Student Driver, those LaserActive LD-ROM games are worth a FORTUNE on eBay. Those huge, fragile laserdiscs would seem like they're a bitch to care for, and if they get broken, you're screwed -- so it might be wise to sell 'em. That way, you'll have an extra $3000 in your pocket, and the burden of protecting those precious LDs will be off your shoulders.

Edited by DrLove0378

... My reasoning: My goal, over my lifetime, is to eventually own all game consoles. If I find titles for a console I don't own that are (1) incredibly cheap, (2) likely to be very difficult to find in the future, (3) minty condition, I'll pick them up knowing that some time in the future, I'll be able to play them. I go nuts at clearance sales.

I also use collections of games I can't play as a catalyst to pick up systems, or pre-buy when I know a system is on its way.

I'm exactly the same way. I can never pass up a "good deal" no matter for what system in question.

Just this last weekend I bought 8 Jaguar games, two controllers, RF converter/cords, and a power supply. All I need now is the actual Atari Jaguar console. :P

I also have 7 Vectrex games, only three of which with with screen overlays, two TG16 HuCards and Cartridge #1 for the Coleco Telstar Arcade (those unique silver triangular shaped carts). Not to mention a stack of Macintosh CD's and several dozen floppies that go with my Power Mac 6100/60AV that I can't get any image to come up on the monitor for. Sadly I must include all of the RCA Studio II games, I'm lacking only Speedway/Tag, since either the console or the switchbox I own is non functional. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...

I'm tempted to buy the Rare Replay compilation for XBox One even though I don't have an XB1 (or even an HD TV) at this stage because I want to play Conker's Bad Fur Day and it looks like the only means with a sane price tag.

Only recently upgraded to the 360 (currently displayed through VGA in tandem with my desktop) so not likely to get an XB1 any time soon.